It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Project Eternity 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Project Eternity
Just checking - am I really the only one here who played and finished PoE?

- Coach

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:52 am
Stranger

Waiting for the xmas sale.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 am
Felix Rex

Yea, sorry, not really interested. :roll:

Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Not touched this. I think the fear of being crushed by disappointment repels me.

Wed May 25, 2016 7:59 am
Minor Diety

I think you might hate it, tbh, knowing your propensity for being jaded. :-D I liked it a lot, but it also rubbed me in the wrong way in many ways. So probably best to steer clear until you are able to pick it up at an absolute bargain price.

- Coach

Sun May 29, 2016 7:06 am
Minor Diety

Hey Peltz, how are you digging (or did you dug) Pillars of Eternity? Do you have the expansion too?

- Coach

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:25 pm
Minor Diety

*casts resurrection*

So Peltz did you play PoE and The White March?

I played PoE and am thinking of starting The White March, and I kinda want to know what to expect (sans spoilers :P )

- Coach

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:01 am
Stranger

I finished PoE then reloaded and started White March but didn't make it past the first town. Kinda lost interest.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am
Minor Diety

Mm thanks, makes sense I guess. PoE is such a massive game and lacks that bit of magic that BG2 had, so I can imagine one gets tired of it after playing it a bunch of hours. I specifically waited for both parts of the expansion to come out before returning to the game as I think I would have burned out on it too if I'd started playing right away. Now I'm just worried I'll have forgotten some of the more important parts of the story to understand to be able to pick up again where I left off. :roll: I'm sure I still have a save from right before the final boss battle, but it's gonna feel weird to backtrack from there and go play the expansion now. This is why I hate "in-game expansions", as compared to expansions that take place after the main game (like Throne of Bhaal did). Feels so unnatural to be at the doorstep of the big bad and then go like "oh wait, there is another quest we can do guys, let's just come back to this later."

Maybe I'll start a new game from scratch with a class I don't know yet, I don't know...might be interesting to play something else than a pure warrior (as I normally do).

- Coach

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:30 am
Minor Diety

So yeah, as mention in the other thread I started the game again from scratch. Will give you an opinion of the expansions once I get there. :P Actually having fun with the early game though! Even if I am replaying most content. I think I'm taking my time more and reading things and roleplaying a bit more, that helps. I'm pretty sure I was absolutely blind drunk during some parts of my first playthrough, which wasn't conducive to my enjoyment of the overall plot.

- Coach

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:07 am
Minor Diety

Oh shit, I never wrote about the White March expansion as I said I would. :-) I'm sure no one has been losing any sleep over it, but here we go anyway. It's been a while now but still.

The White March is an amazing expansion that really elevates the game from 'good, I guess' to 'great'. Well, that and the many many changes and tweaks that Obsidian has made since the game launched. It really is a quite different game in terms of gameplay, compared to the first game I played. Much smoother and more interesting. The world and the story are still the same of course, but that's no issue as those were good to begin with.

So the base game was lifted up too, and I enjoyed my second playthrough a lot more than my first one (which was good too, don't get me wrong). Chose to play as a Moon Godlike Priest of Wael. Wael is basically the god of mystery, secrets, knowledge, revelations, dreams and the unknown. So I had a lot of fun roleplaying my character as very 'mysterious' and hard to pin down, and generally being pretty random. To give you an idea of the kind of God Wael is, he/she (no fixed appearance) might ask you to deliberately bury or expose certain knowledge for seemingly unclear reasons. Unclear to anyone but Wael, obviously.
At the end of Pillars, you have to make a choice what to do with all the souls trapped in the machine by the big bad villain, and Wael's suggestion is just to scatter them, without any idea what will happen to them. Needless to say, the other gods' suggestions are a little more...concrete]

Played through the base game until I was a high enough level and took some different companions compared to last time with me, and then headed off to the regions of the White March. I'm not gonna talk too much about the storyline but needless to say, it's really another level compared to the base campaign. It really feels like Obsidian had learned all they needed to learn from the fan feedback and creating the base game. They also used the little story vignettes a lot more (the sort of 'choose your adventure' text parts where you make decisions with your party/skills/items, like jumping over a chasm or disabling an automaton or reading an arcane inscription, etc) which worked really well, as they add a ton of flavor to the regular rythm of combat/rest/explore.

All in all it made me very excited for what they can do with Pillars of Eternity 2, which is coming out in a week. I backed it in beta after playing the white march. :-) I'm thinking I might use my priest of wael as my 'canon' character, has a bit more character than my usual tank fighter. Although you can multiclass in PoE2 so maybe I'll go Fighter/Priest. But not sure fighter is a good class for a priest of Wael. We'll see.

Some propaganda for PoE2 btw:

- Coach

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4