It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Terraria 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Terraria
Haha, glad to see I wasn't the only one feeling out of place/underpowered as fuck in the post-wall-of-flesh-world. :P It's almost like the terror of when we first started the game has returned, where we'd hide in a hole made out of dirt and wood and prayed those horribly powerful (heh) skeletons wouldn't find us. I remember taking 15 seconds to kill one zombie, and that was at a severe risk of dying. :roll:

So Peltz how's your cousin digging it? He addicted yet?

- Coach

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:39 am
Stranger

Yup, like a dirty old slave :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm
Felix Rex

hehe, awesome. If it weren't for Star Wars and Skyrim, I'd love to play some more of this. But...well... too bad. I'm playing Star Wars and Skyrim.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well i couldn't help noticing they released a new version (1.3) with lots of new stuff.
So i thought it wouldn't hurt if i started to play a little bit. Just a little taste of what it was and is. Fresh start.

And it's a good thing i'll be on holiday in a couple of days, because this thing is still worse than crack! I'm so addicted again! :mrgreen:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 am
Felix Rex

lol, that's cool. I'm still playing various other games. I picked up Starbound a while ago because it looked like Terraria but different but I never played it very much. *shrug*

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I saw J's achievements on Steam and was like....must...resist...the crack. :cry:

- Coach

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:45 am
Minor Diety

Trying to do small doses now. :wink:

Oh and there seems to be a boss named 'Ocram' .. coincidence?

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 am
Minor Diety

They probably figured it would be good if they took the most annoying person in the universe and gave a boss the same name as him. :)

- Coach

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 am
Felix Rex

Lol wow, burn. :roll: Then again, I think I still have him blocked on Steam, so who am I to talk?

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Defeated the frickin Wall of Flesh! Yeah!!!

Now I have no idea what Hardmode holds for me :S

Fri May 27, 2016 2:27 am
Minor Diety

Hahaha congrats. Did you get sweet loot?

Also let me know what hardmode is like...I've only heard about it, never seen or experienced it.

- Coach

Sun May 29, 2016 6:55 am
Minor Diety

The loot was ok, but I got nothing that was directly usable, like a Mythril breastplate, or anything more powerful than was I currently have. I was just happy to see the f***er gone!

I've been in hardmode a little while now, and it's certainly kicked up a notch. There are more monster spawns, and they're much tougher. I die fairly commonly now and i've accepted it as an inevitability. The goblin invasions, and pirate invasions are very difficult to defeat in an orderly fashion. Some of the tougher monsters (luckly they only spawn rarely) are a a massive problem, and could do with being nerfed. The bosses i've tried to summon and kill (for progress) are seemingly impossible to defeat with my current equipment, so i'm on the hunt to the more advanced ores that are unlocked once you enter hardmode. Thus, i've been mining like a furious little dwarf. First, for Cobalt (to get a pickaxe that could mine Mythril), then Mythril so i could get Mythril chainmail, and now i'm currently mining Adamantium (which i understand is in the top 2 of best ores in the game). I want enough to max out my armour, and then maybe try to defeat a boss again.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:29 am
Minor Diety

Right, i've encountered a little problem in Hardmode. In order to progress, I need to defeat a boss called "The Destroyer". I have tried about 8 times, and only got close once in defeating it. I don't think I can do it without heart statues, which, wired up to a switch will spawn hearts that heal your HP. My idea is to get enough of these Hearts to make the battle winnable, but they are very rare. As a result, I have created a new world and have switched to that one in order to find more statues. The good thing about Terraria is that you can use your current character in any world (including all your loot and equipment) so i'm starting afresh in the new world. The previous one has somewhat served its purpose.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 am
Minor Diety

How would you transfer your loot stored in chests though? Do you have to do several runs carrying stuff from one world to the other?

Also, going to google heart statues. :-D

*checked wiki* wow, you can actually create circuits with wires and logic gates now? :O Fucking hell. Must resist urge to play Terraria...

Hey Derf, do the bosses get stronger (more HP) if you fight them as a group? Or does it stay the same?

- Coach

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:24 am
Minor Diety

To transfer loot, I just do these "runs" you suggest. I don't have that much stuff so it's no big deal. There is a more intelligent way to do it, in that you can purchase Safe Boxes from the Merchant and stash your loot in those as opposed to Chests. The advantage being that you can carry Safes in your inventory, whereas Chests are immovable if they have items in them.

I don't think the HP changes. Of all the reading i've done, i've not come across anything that changes the HP of stuff based on players. Which is handy, because i've found the bosses to be ridiculous for one person to tackle.

Anyway, i'm still on the hunt for Heart Statues. I've only found 1 extra so far, so they are very rare. I would like at least 5 or so before re-attempting to kill the Destroyer, but since i've effectively migrated to a new world, it will take a long while to even progress to the point where I can spawn the Destroyer. I haven't even encountered the first boss yet, let alone the Wall of Flesh. Both of which are prerequisites for getting to the Destroyer (which is only 1 of 3 bosses of it's type).

It's such a deep game. So much shit to do. So much loot. So much exploring. So much crafting. So much building.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next