It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Elite: Dangerous 
Felix Rex

Post Elite: Dangerous
Seriously considering getting this game. I like huge space sims anyway, and it's looking pretty sweet. You can YouTube some vids if you want to. I'm really, really looking forward to Oculus Rift or some other VR rig paired with this... plus of course a throttle and flight stick, because why the hell not?

I'm curious how Star Citizen will compare, but it's not out yet and Elite: Dangerous is. *twitches*

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Elite: Dangerous
Apparently the game is really good but suffering from some teething errors. I'm not sure what the status is right now, but I knew there were some annoying bugs before. All I can say is that it otherwise definitely looks like a return to form for the classic space sims. Maybe this guide will whet your appetite?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03 ... eer-guide/

Star Citizen is so extremely ambitious that it's hard to imagine it's gonna turn our good on the first try. Still, I wouldn't mind joining you in that expanded universe for some wingman action, or even co-pilot. :) I got more or less normal working hours now so it wouldn't be impossible anymore.

- Coach

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 pm
Felix Rex

I'm going to hold off on Elite: Dangerous until my next computer build (or I'm going to try, at least). That should let some of the content issues get fixed... I hear there's a lot out there, but none of it is very deep. I'm hoping a few months will iron things out. We'll see. When I do go in, it'll probably be as a bounty hunter or something equally violent. Though exploration sounds cool and cargo hauling is something I could see myself doing a limited amount of, combat is where the real fun is at. :twisted:

Anyway, I'll be sure to post when I get that far. Hopefully the high-end broadwell CPU release will be in the next 2-3 months. Then I build some new computers. :D

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've been looking into it and Star Citizen actually sounds like more fun if you want to play with friends. For one it has copiloting and station manning for ships with several players. And the possibility to walk around on stations and in the ship with your avatar. So yeah, I think that might be more fun if we are all in the same game universe.

- Coach

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:22 am
Felix Rex

Yea, but Star Citizen isn't really playable yet. I'm not going to assume it's going to actually be a success until it's released. Who knows. It's also smaller in scale. Not sure how much that'll matter.

On a side note, Elite: Dangerous just got added to Steam. That makes it really convenient. :)

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha I feel a drunken Steam purchase coming up. :wink:

- Coach

Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm
Felix Rex

Nah. You pretty much need a flight stick and throttle to play that game effectively, which is quite an investment. I'll hold off for now. I also really want a Track-IR or VR headset to go with it too. :roll:

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis' gaming room after redecoration:

Minus the pokemons.

- Coach

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:28 pm
Felix Rex

Also minus the Harry Potter and World of Warcraft crap... but hey, why not! I thought about going triple monitor, but I think I'm going to get a 4k monitor instead. No way I can push 3 4k monitors without liquid nitrogen cooling. :roll:

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't know if you guys have seen this...this is footage from a live streaming play session of Chris Roberts (the man behind Star Citizen) playing Star Citizen. It is...painful. SO painful. A lot of things go wrong and seem really badly planned, Roberts looks like an elderly person trying a PC for the first time and barely seems to know how to play the game. I wouldn't recommend watching the whole thing, but skip through to get an idea at least. This man raised 100 million. :D

- Coach

Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:38 pm
Felix Rex

I'm gonna skip watching the video because painful is painful. However, I don't think Star Citizen will really ever become a good game. Too much money and too much time has passed. At least it got further than Duke Nukem Forever, I guess. I really hope I'm wrong, but yea. On the other hand, Elite: Dangerous is not only out there, but is adding (has added?) planetary landings. No clue how that's turned out, but it's cool. I'm still holding off on buying it until I can afford to build a new PC, buy the flight stick/throttle, and probably a VR headset. So... it'll be a while.

Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I think the message on both of these is...hold off. They may still turn out to be te most expensive crowdfunded flops in history. But I do like the ambition they show, regardless of all the painful fails.

- Coach

Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:24 am
Minor Diety

Apparently Elite players have discovered Alien life for the first time recently. And then proceeded to dismantle and 'kill' it for profit. Realism ftw!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... barnacles/

- Coach

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:02 am
Felix Rex

Planetary landings seems pretty awesome. They're also planning to allow multi-crewed ships in the near(ish) future, which is really cool. And crafting. And avatar customization (meh until you can walk around on a station). Assuming they can keep their momentum going forward, this game could become really badass.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, we could even man a ship together. :)

- Coach

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next