Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:08 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
Lol I was wondering where they went...

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So Pev have you finished this yet? Are you still enjoying it? :)

The biggest thing stopping me from getting into Dragon Age again is that I have to go through Origin hahaha. I would have to play Dragon Age 2 before starting Inquisition, too. Maybe I'll keep an eye on any christmas discounts they have on 2 now I know that 3 is really good.

- Coach

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:49 am
Stranger

I played through 2nd. Totally irrelevant game, can't really remember anything about it other than the lack of tactical combat since enemies were popping up everywhere and positioning made little sense. Hell the whole game made little sense. It felt like an expansion pack for Origins.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:55 pm
Minor Diety

Still enjoying it, not finished it (and won't this side of Christmas with going away).

That said DO NOT BUY UNTIL IT'S £20 OR PATCHED.

I love the game, I really really do. Probably on around 50 hours now and barely touched the storyline really. Cameos of old characters are great, the new characters are great, the world is gorgeous. But it is buggy, particularly on PC (consoles are definitely not bug free though as Niall has PS4 version and has a few issues). Nothing gamebreaking but very, very irritating some of them. Such as the one time when my mouse decided it wouldn't be able to click anything. I was about to choose my party and was able to do this by using A and D to scroll through party members then hit Enter to select but then I couldn't actually move to the 'OK' button so had to quick save/quick load to get it working again. Combine that with Varric thinking that his crossbow means he can run up to melee the enemies, some things taking multiple times to click on (handing in enemy research springs to mind), the equipment menu apparently just having whims as to whether it's single or double click to equip something (which lead to me unequipping a helmet on my main char, then assuming that as it was unequipped I didn't need it, sold it and then had no helmet for a couple of levels) and a few other bugs and it is not worth paying full price for.

Don't even get me started on the waste of space that is Dragon Age Keep, their so-called solution to not importing save games from the previous 2. Supposedly it reads your files and looks at the options you chose, plus saves your custom Hawke from #2. It doesn't. It recognises your Warden's name, race and origin and it does save Hawke's appearance and name. It doesn't read your choices, you have to go through and manually select them all. Then import the world state into your Inquisition game. Then when I finally get to the bit where you meet your Hawke... you have to customise them again because actually all it saves is their name!

Anyway despite the fact this post has mainly been a rant DO buy it at some point, it's a wonderful game, just don't pay full price. And whilst I love #2 you can easily pick the story up from what is said in game and/or by reading the wiki - I can sum it up in about 3 sentences with the main points if anyone wants me to anyway.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2