It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Steam Card Trading, vol. 1 
Stranger

Post Steam Card Trading, vol. 1
A topic where to drop your card wishes. Best if stickied.

I am currently looking for L4D cards and willing to trade HL2 or any other cards i might come across for L4D ones.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm
Stranger

Post Re: Steam Card Trading, vol. 1
Currently looking for L4D: Smoker, Witch card.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:04 am
Stranger

Also trading my Tf2 items for cards. Got some genuine items.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:55 am
Minor Diety

Can you actually do something with the cards, purchase things or so?

Haven't bothered to look into it, only noticed that there are cards to be collected.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 am
Stranger

Quote:
What are Steam Trading Cards?
Steam Trading Cards are collectible cards you get by playing games on Steam. Collect a set of cards to earn items that help you customize your profile and show off your gameplay.

What is a badge?
A badge is an icon on your profile (and tied to your account) that represents the trading card sets you've collected or your participation in an event.

What do I get when I craft a badge from my Trading Cards?
In addition to getting the Game Badge itself, you'll get:

a random emoticon item created for this game, that can use in chat or discussions;
a random profile background item created for this game, that can use on your Steam Community profile
a chance to get a discount coupon for a different game or DLC
100XP, which may increase your Steam Level

If your Steam Level increases, the limit on the size of your friends list will be increased by five, and potentially you'll unlock the ability to customize your profile with showcases.

Can I buy and sell trading cards on the Community Market?
Yes, trading cards can be traded to other users and bought or sold on the Community Market.

What are Foil Trading Cards?
There is a small chance whenever you get a Trading Card from playing a game that it will have a special foil border. You'll need to collect a set of foil cards in order to craft them into a foil badge. There is no extra benefit to having foil cards or foil badges aside from their rarity. (read: worth more money when sold on community market. Peltz)

This is a copy from the official FAQ

You get half the cards from playing a game that is part of the card trading system and the other half you have to trade for. For instance i have about 10ish games that participate, i choose 3-4 games i want to gather cards for and the others i trade for them. Give some to get some so to speak. Cards are given randomly based on time spent on the game and are not tied to any specific achievement. Should get most of them within few hours.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am
Stranger

Got my first booster pack today for L4D, 2 hunters and a boomer.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:24 am
Minor Diety

I don't really understand how this thing works. So you play game X and you gain trading cards from doing so? Do I gain cards for just owning these games already and having played them before? Do I trade the cards for money? What are booster packs? I am extremely confused. :lol:

- Coach

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:32 am
Felix Rex

You get cards for playing the games.

It's not retroactive to games you already played.

For Serious Sam, at least, I seemed to get cards when I unlocked achievements. But considering Peltz has L4D cards, I doubt that's the only way. It may be some sort of trigger.

You can buy/sell cards in Steam. Looks like most cards are going for ~ 40 cents. If you go into your inventory, click a card, and go to the trade or sell or whatever option, you can see the price and the interface to put it on the market.

Other than that, I don't know.

I have a total of 3 football manager cards if anyone wants to trade. :P

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

For now you get cards simply by playing the game, it's on random time trigger. So basically when you go watch tv just leave the game on idle and come back later to see if the cards have dropped.

Each set of cards can be collected 5 times. This means that your badge can be upgraded to level 5. Even the summer sale one.

You get half the cards by playing, the other half by trading for the first set. After completing the set and crafting the badge, the in-game drops do not reset, from this point on its trade only. Except for free to play games, they follow a different formula.

There is no point in trying to collect every game set at once. Pick a few games and trade cards from other game sets for them. Or just buy them. For me it seems that this entire card game is just a method to get users accustomed to the marketplace.

Anyways check the official FAQ. Its in one of my previous posts.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:18 am
Minor Diety

As stated in the other topic:

let me know if you can do something with my summer sale cards.

(btw i got a 'foil' card, whatever that means which seems it's more valuable, cool)

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 am
Stranger

I'm still interested in trading cards. Even if you plan on selling them on the market please do consider at least trading with ck community first. Thanks.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:33 am
Felix Rex

lol... I've got cards, but don't really care about them one way or another. I've got serious sam, summer sale, endless space and sleeping dogs cards.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

What would you trade your cards for?

I have cards of course and a few games (X-coms and Omerta city of gangsters) plus a discount for hamiltons adventures 90% off.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:43 am
Felix Rex

I dunno. Do I have any cards you want? I presume they're browseable.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've gotten a few trading cards but I usually just stell them off on the market place....30 cents isn't exactly a fortune but it's not nothing either, especially if you're only buying a 2-5 euro game on a discount. :D

- Coach

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next