It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Dragonborn 
Minor Diety

Post Dragonborn
Apparently it is actually good, expansion-y DLC and much better than Dawnguard. I haven't played either so I have no idea if it's true, but I like the fact that they go back to Soltsheim. :P

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02 ... ragonborn/

- Coach

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragonborn
I'll be getting it this week. It was out last week on Steam but seeing as the PS3 versions are finally getting released, starting with Dragonborn on Wednesday (they're staggering them for some reason) I decided to wait until Niall also has it so we can play simultaneously. Will definitely let you know how it is. If they say better than Dawnguard I'll be happy coz I loved Dawnguard tbh.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well i can confirm that im no longer considered a criminal and i can now see Skyrim on steam.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm
Minor Diety

Hooray for Peltz! Now get out there and stab some dragons.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Summer sale 2013 :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm
Minor Diety

Enjoyed the little bit I've played so far. The first view is awesome, makes you feel right back at home :) I also had a few "firsts". I basically went into a little mine, cleared it out, got sucked into a Daedric realm (as you do) and made it back out, then headed back to the town of Ravens Rock. As I get there, I spot a red dot on my map. Hmmm ok, where is the bad.... oh, ok, Ancient dragon lands (my first one, I'm still only level 45 despite having completed main campaign/dawnguard/civil war/companions) so fight it in the town (my first town dragon too). It gets to the stage where it would drop out of the sky so it takes off in order to be able to drop out of the sky... but it flies off up a hill. I run after it but can't see it coz of all the trees and notice its health dropping. Fast. I get over the crest of the hill to find 3 werebears that have killed it and take a good chunk out of me too! Finally manage to kill them and claim the dragon soul.

I then wandered off a bit to explore and came across the place where you can make your own spider bomb things. That's all I've done so far but yes, it's a great little expansion so far, and the map is quite large too. Oh and I love that you can see the volcano off in the distance, still spewing out the ash.

Screenies below.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Netches! Werebears! Bonemould armor! Dunmer houses! Yaaaayyy! :)

- Coach

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am
Minor Diety

Played some more on Sunday and so in love with this expansion. I was wandering round when I thought "I recognise that noise..." Start looking around and SILT STRIDER! She just stands there and isn't used for travel but still, yay! I also found a Telvanni mage mushroom outpost and have found an ashy region; the red mountain is still spewing ash pretty much constantly and some of it blows across to Solstheim.

It also seems Ravens Rock is cursed with ancient dragons. I've had 3 turn up there now and I've only been there twice!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm really looking forward to playing Skyrim again with that expansion. :)

- Coach

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 am
Minor Diety

Forgot to update this. Finished it, very good expansion. New armour looks awesome, boss fight was mildly underwhelming (but there is apparently a 'secret boss' who pretty much requires you to be max level to beat - not found him yet), the dragon riding is nothing particularly special but a nice little extra. Definitely worth getting and definitely the best dlc yet.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Aight, thanks for the info!! Probably gonna do another playthrough with a magic/thief/evil character soon, but gonna wait for the DLC to get cheaper. ;)

- Coach

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:03 am
Minor Diety

Don't blame you, I keep going back to it and messing around on my other files, got Pev (Nord Paladin type, sword/shield/heals), a Dark Elf mage (gonna go vamp and college), Khajit thief/assassin (bows and daggers, obviously both guilds), orc barbarian (virtually no armour, biggest weapons he can find and just charges in after everything, he thinks he's badass and won't let death tell him he isn't) and then an Argonian scavenger who avoids towns and fights and just wanders about picking flowers and shooting deer.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]