It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Torchlight II 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Torchlight II
Yeah although i still lack time to play it obviously.

Played a berserker in the demo, liked that and even though i could play my old character, i started as berserker again. On veteran difficulty.

I've nearly died a couple of times so far, so we'll see how this all goes. :D

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 am
Stranger

Ox you want to give it a MP go with new characters?

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:21 am
Minor Diety

sure, wanna 'meet' in an hour on Steam? J and Pev and anyone else are welcome too of course!

- Coach

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 am
Minor Diety

I was just playing with the oldest kid on my lap (yeah it has come to that point) and already died 3 times. That pirate is a bitch ;)

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am
Stranger

I promised Ocram we'd run Moxxi's underdome today. So we'll see how that goes and if theres time then later in the evening.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 am
Minor Diety

Played some co-op with Peltz yesterday (me a berserker, him an embermage). We finished act I, had fun. :) I did feel like I was way more effective than him at lower levels though, but that could just be my imagination. Felt bad for 'killstealing' all the time. ;) Berserker sure plays different from Engineer...so much damage output. As an engi (with a tank build) I'd sometmes take 15-20 minutes of slugging away at some bosses, that's how feeble my damage output was. The berserker tears through them, especially once he fills his rage bar and crits like a mofo!

We're around level 20, Peltz may change to an engineer though. Feel free to ask to join if you see us playing together if you have a character +- that level! :)

- Coach

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 pm
Stranger

Your dps output might have been somewhat influenced by my ability which causes random effects on mobs, anything from stuns to different damage to teleporting them into random location. The spell i used was also more of a weak AE rather than dps but yeah your right about the efficiency since i was constantly running away because 1 touch from enemy took roughly 50% of hp from me. I think the mage class is played in a way I most definitely did not play it :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 pm
Minor Diety

After talking to Ox on Steam where i stated i was doing pretty okay now after being killed a couple of times with my berserker on veteran difficulty, i died 3 or 4 times in a row in a cave (retrieving some journals or so). Good thing is that it was immediately after entering it. Bad news is that those guys probably aren't the toughest mofos in that cave. So i think i need to move around more carefull, i was getting too cocky i guess :)

I hate it when i rush into a mob with a full healthbar and all of a sudden it turns grey. Some summon spells for my pet would be welcome as well, not much luck finding any decent spells so far.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 pm
Stranger

Well I'm now at the position we left at with a new engineer who I like a lot more than the mage. I went with two-handed skills and some team skills, ie the barrier. So give me a call when you want to pick up where we left off.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:36 am
Minor Diety

Was at work when you guys were playing and didn't see it til late in the evening so never mind, will definitely join a game with you all at some point though

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I feel neglected :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:20 pm
Stranger

Make time!

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am
Minor Diety

Haha, i know i haven't been providing much MP fun, but at least we got to play a bit earlier today.

What weapon(s) are you using? And are you carrying anything from a particular (purple) set?
I seem to be getting a lot of unique bows and guns, but also have a unique greathammer (might be under your lvl now though, what's your current DPS?) and one from Ole's .... set that seems nice.

Btw the random teleporting of enemies is more helpfull to the enemy than it is to me i think. :P

small note for the not-peltz amongst you:
I died once, which isn't that strange to me, i'd love to see how Ox would manage on veteran.
Maybe i should try sacrificing DPS and -armor/+crit and some other nice stuff from my offhand claw for another claw that has +31 health steal (which i would expect is a lot of health considering the amount of hits/damage i deal).

What are you focusing on Ox?

*edit*

I was talking about this one Peltz: http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-16 ... 5338331507
(not sure about the poison and such, other effects are the same though)

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:49 pm
Stranger

Quote:
Btw the random teleporting of enemies is more helpfull to the enemy than it is to me i think.

I wasn't doing that, its the random mini-boss ability. Its just by luck that we ran into 3 ones that had this ability. My main skill i use is a stomp attack that sets enemies on fire and stuns them for 2 seconds. If i manage to hit them while stunned i do extra 300 damage. It uses very little mana so i can pretty much stomp stomp stomp... stomp...more stomp...all day stomp.. :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 pm
Minor Diety

Ah okay, i have no clue about your abilities, so i figured it was you tp-ing those spiders everywhere :P

Let me know if you can use the greathammer next time.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next