Baldur's Gate 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Baldur's Gate
I want a boo DLC.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha new 3D Boo squeak sound... I dread to think how many hours I've spent clicking Boo...

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Looks like Baldur's Gate will be coming to the iPad. So... I guess a phone version of BG really isn't that far off the mark. :evil:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iPAd-B ... 15095.html

no me gusta!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

While that's a big Boo to the iPad (haha see what I did there) the fact they apparently have the enhanced edition up and running on it means maybe not too long to wait to see just what these "modern features" are

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

advertisements and tracking software?

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Closed platforms?

- Coach

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:48 am
Minor Diety

http://www.baldursgate.com/news_2012nov22.en.html

Released in 2 days time, and available for pre-loading now.

*clicks download*

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Satis wrote:
advertisements and tracking software?

Nice answer :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Have you played it yet Pev?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 am
Minor Diety

Yep, plays beautifully. Just like the old BG but with slight improvements to the journal (you still have the old "diary" style but can also group up a more "normal" style that is a list of quests that then expand to give you a brief outline of them) and a few improvements on the character inventory (a few more stats listed to help you decide what to equip). I haven't tried the arena yet, that's available on the main menu in its own section and haven't seen any of the 3 new chars yet (literally just got to the Friendly Arm Inn, got Jaheira and Khalid and of course the golden pantaloons). Impressed so far, just nice to have it run smoothly on Win 7 and still look as awesome as ever.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Did you see any of the new content yet Pev? I wonder if it holds up and blends in well with the rest of the game or feels a little forced...but I'm sure they kept the new stuff at a minimum, as not to spoil what is an otherwise already amazing game.

- Coach

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 am
Minor Diety

Yep I did Neera's (wild mage) side quest and it works really well. Just one extra map for her, the characters fit in really nicely, overall it feels like it was in from the start. I've spoken to the other 2 new chars but not taken them in my party so don't know how theirs fits (well Rasaad I had in the party a little while and got a few dialogue options, some nice background info and some witty potential replies if you're playing the joker/don't give a toss kind of char). I'm very impressed overall. Had one crash at one point which was probably more my pc than anything else. Overall I can't wait for them to get on with doing BG2:EE.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good to hear. I'm gonna wait for the complete thing with BG1+2 though, it's not like I don't know what to play right now as it is. ;)

- Coach

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm
Minor Diety

I'm toying around a bit with BG:EE some time now, maybe time to give you all a small update on Black Pits.

Basically it's a seperate arena mode, which is a bit of a shame, since it's not tied to the game in any way. I quite enjoyed it, it was a bit challenging at times but nothing that couldn't be overcome. I think i've beaten all but a couple of fights on my first try, although it has to be said that quite often there weren't 6 people standing on their feet anymore. My thief and mage were often just cannon fodder :D

Sometimes a fight can be very hard because you aren't prepared for your opponent, a few examples:
if there's an enemy that can only be hit by magical weapons and you haven't bought those yet, you must hope to have the right spells (or enough).
If opponents can only be hit by certain types of damage, you're screwed if nobody carries any of those weapons.

On the other hand: part of the fun is not knowing what you'll face. 2 or 3 fights i suffered defeat and needed one reload, the last battle took me 3 tries.

If you haven't tried it yet Pevil, i can recommand it.
Oh and it's probably wise to make a party of 6 rightaway instead of just 1, expecting to be able to pick up party members :roll:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:34 am
Minor Diety

I need to get back into BG:EE. I got to about Chapter 4 and then did my usual stop playing for a "short" while and am now distracted by other stuff. Oops. I will get back to it though! The arena stuff does sound quite fun, interesting way to try out new builds for playthroughs too I guess.

On the other hand I heard something about BG2:EE a while ago that is holding it up, some lawsuit or something which sucks coz it was due out about Christmas time this year. I want that to be done so I can do the full run through.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next