It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Guild Wars 2 character information 
Stranger

Post Re: Guild Wars 2 character information
I made the move to Far Shiverpeaks where the rest of the guild is and Pev is on Asura Glade.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm
Minor Diety

What is the rest of the guid? Are there other CK peeps in the game yet? :)

So, I'm sorting out getting my moollah back from the post order company and went into a brick and mortar store here in Malta today to see if they had GW2 (apparently only one chain sells it on the island - don't laugh it's freaking tiny). Turns out they only had one copy in stock, but in a different store quite out of my way. Also, it was 60€ cause it was the last copy. :roll: The guy was friendly but yeah, I turned down that amazing offer. :P

So, the situation is:

- play.com failed to deliver the game to me.
- amazon.co.uk charges 15 quid for delivery
- the GW2 website won't take my visa for some reason...research suggests that the site is listed as unsafe at several credit card companies and thus payments bounce

The only options remaining are finding another (cheap) postal delivery company or buy a key from some other seller than Arenanet, both of which are suboptimal solutions. Unless I find a very good reason I may just postpone buying the game alltogether. If they don't give me the means to buy their game, they don't really deserve my money...yet.

- Coach

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 pm
Stranger

The rest of the guild is the Descendants of Ancaria or DA for short. As far as i can tell only Pev and I play it from CK. And dont roll an engineer. Their turrets suck and dont work properly plus the flamethrower is half buggy, best choose something else.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:48 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah Clan DA is basically a whole bunch of guys that originally I met playing Sacred and then the clan grew and took on other games. I've been a member of them since 200...6? I think. A bloody long time anyway, virtually since they were started up. Go check 'em out on www.clan-da.com if you want to see the kind of people they are, there is a general forum you can view but we also have some hidden member forums. Good guys, basically we don't allow the kind of idiots that trash talk for no reason or steal all the loot.

Y'know Ox I'm pretty sure I could post the game over to you for less than £15, I posted a camera (tracked/signed for) to my parents in France for about £12 so give me a shout if you want to give that a try. I did just give a google shopping search a quick go for you, Amazon do a download for £35, seems to be the cheapest around (or some place called Very, never heard of them, sell the dvd for £35)

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm can you link me to the amazon download? I looked for something similar but never found it. May be a UK and US only type of thing...or I may just be retarded. :roll:

Re: the shipping cost, yeah it's stupidly high. Thanks for the offer but I'm not gonna ask you to send me a copy just yet since it may get lost in the mail as well. ;)

- Coach

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:09 am
Minor Diety

Bah never mind, it's false advertising. Comes up on Google shopping search as a download then just links to the dvd :(

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks for the effort anyway. :) I actually managed to order the game digitally tonight! I did it through GreenManGaming, a digital sales platform that I knew about but never used before. It's becoming quite popular in the everything-after-steam bag of DD sites, and it managed to process my order quickly and effortlessly. :)

I then made an account, linked the key, and made my 'main'...I attached a pic of my charr guardian in all his character creation glory. :P

I loaded the starting area, and unfortunately even at low settings I was getting graphical glitches and low FPS so I will have to wait until I have my desktop here to fully enjoy the game. :( But whatever right, not like there's a monthly fee. ;) I joined Aurora Glade because Far Shiverpeaks was full, btw.

I got a day off Monday so may try to look around a little bit more then, but in the meantime don't expect me to be online too much! Altough we should probably add each other to our respective friends lists Pev. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm
Stranger

Yea, its the weekend. If you had done this inside the week far shiverpeaks would have been on high cap.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:22 pm
Minor Diety

Yay Ox on Aurora Glade! I'll get you added tomorrow, just finished for the night :) I'll have to join you with one of my low level chars by the time you get on, hopefully Niall will also have a laptop by then so we can all group up. I'm generally online between 20.00 - 23.00 Mon - Fri (excluding Thurs) and basically all day Sat and Sun so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well I tried playing a little and it's pretty hard to get into on this laptop. :( Basically graphical artifacts (on the floor etc) and poor resolution + not-so-smooth performance is making it quite hard to play the game, let alone enjoy it. So I decided to just keep it on the backburner for now. :( I will, however, be looking into means of transporting my desktop to Malta soon. That should take care of that problem. :) I may just be online and try to add one of your characters to my friendlist though Pev!

@ Peltz: Damn, I'm sorry. Didn't realize the weekend would affect the player counts so much. :( I hope you're having fun with those guild people though!

When is Niall getting in the game Pev? Just checking so I may time my PC transport on that perhaps haha. ;)

- Coach

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:46 pm
Stranger

Well the thing is, GW2 is just horrible at getting guild runs going since you don't really need to group up for well anything. I'm level 80 and the closest DA member on FS is near 60. I do downlevel if i hang out in that level areas but in all honesty not much point in doing that. They need to level and i need to grind crafting mats.

And the WvWvW pvp. Its just horrible. It has the depth of a spit on a table :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:33 pm
Minor Diety

Heh, I don't mind not having to group for everything. :) And I don't care about PvP really, so doesn't sound too bad (for me)!

- Coach

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 pm
Minor Diety

I like that you don't need to group, but if I see you on Ox I'll come group with you. I'm also level 80 but you downgrade to whatever area you're in anyway, plus I have my multitude of alts. Niall usually gets online between... oh... 14.00 - 18.00 ish uk time (he's a late riser, lazy bugger and I don't let him have the computer in the evenings coz I'm mean) so look for him and scare the crap outta him if you see him online. He has a char called Tian Dark. (Just called him a n00b coz he's watching me type this and thought char was 'Charr'... n00b). I've added you on friends Ox, if you press Y to bring up the contacts I should show on your followers list so you can add me as a friend from there. Lets hope you get your desktop soon

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol @ Charr noobiness. ;-)

I'll fire up GW2 and accept your friend request, but I won't play...it's not much fun to play when you can barely see anything because the resolution is so low and half of the screen is filled with messed up textures haha.

- Coach

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:52 am
Minor Diety

No I can imagine. Just think though, at least you're not wasting a subscription while you're not playing!

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2