It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What the fuck is with the controls? 
Minor Diety

Post What the fuck is with the controls?
This game is fucked up.

I torrented it (thank fuck i didn't wait for the steam sale) but holy jesus, the mouse is useless in menus. Instead, I have to fuck around with the keyboard to select options, and in some instances, some options are selectable with the mouse. WTF. The most shitty unintuitive interface i've experienced thus far on PC.

I actually checked to see if I had 360 controller mode off, and I did.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:33 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: What the fuck is with the controls?
ok abort rant. I installed the UI mod.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:13 pm
Minor Diety

I really need to get hold of that mod. It really is the most annoying piece of crap ever to use the mouse in the menus.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Pev it's in the Skyrim steam workshop, so pretty easy to install. Called "SkyUI", you'll find it easily enough in the top rated UI mods there. Reworks item menus and the magic menu...it's really indispensable.

Also running other convenience mods like the one that adds markers on the map straight to your home(s)! And then a whole lot of gameplay ones and some that fix stuff.

P.S. while installig SkyUI with steam workshop is child's play (just click "subscribe" in the mod page, then fire up the Skyrim launcher and it'll install it automatically) you will need the Skyrim Script Extender first. http://skse.silverlock.org/ It's a little harder to install but nothing you shouldn't able to do with the readme!

- Coach

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]