It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
When Internet takes over.. 
Stranger

Post When Internet takes over..
http://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26

Scroll down and read the email exchange between a pissed off customer and a jerk of a company rep. The internet is like the eye of Saruman, once its gaze is on you, you know you're fucked :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: When Internet takes over..
Yeah I read that yesterday. It's...incredible. How that guy ended up in any sort of PR position is beyond me. From his style of writing alone you can tell he's retarded though, something that is only amplified by the fact that his only 'tactic' seems to be to patronize and bully people - until he realizes he's ACTUALLY being exposed to the internet and what the consequences are of that, and starts mewling weak apologies. Hahaha!

- Coach

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:45 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I read about that yesterday as well. How amusing. That guy's email exchanges make you wonder if it's a freaking prank. I can't believe how insanely retarded the stuff was.

An example for those too lazy to link :roll:

Quote:
We’re not renting a booth at pax east this year , bigger and better shows to be at we got nothing from the show . Oh so you know this guy has sold over 500 thousand dollars of product in Dec and is my main distribution arm landing us in GameStop , fry’s , Myers , Best buy , Activision , MLG , play N trade and a lot more . Were in 6 countries and you’re not going to take my money for a booth that’s a crock I can guarantee I’ll get a booth if I want one money buys a lot and connections go even further. He’s a native Bostonian from Little Italy . Who are you again ?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Now there's a sort of backlash against the "Internet Crowd" beating down on the asshole. Like, that he's a douche but doesn't deserve having his life ruined. I disagree. :P That guy sounded like a retard, and a very obnoxious and offensive retard at that, showing respect only for people's 'connections' and status. He doesn't even realize what he did wrong after all this time, except for that he was being rude to the "wrong people". Hah! I hope he burns.

- Coach

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, I saw his "apology". Obviously his only take away is that he failed to realize how big Penny Arcade is (or who the guy he was emailing was). Not the bigger take-away... the fact you should treat your customers like they're all important. At least marginally so. If you're going to tell someone to fuck off, do it politely.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah seriously, I love how he's all "I learned my lesson", but then it turns out THAT is the only lesson he learned, not be friendly to customers when you're working PR. Anyway, I find it baffling how someone who CLEARLY suffers from a low IQ (weak rhetoric, lousy spelling, retarded logic) in addition to having horrible social skills ends up working in a relatively responsible position like his. I mean I've met a lot of incompetent people in high-up positions in my time, but even they weren't nearly this ostensibly stupid. It's a mystery.

- Coach

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 am
Minor Diety

What an utter jerk, I'm honestly astonished, that reads like a troll thread on a forum. And the thing is the customer never once antagonised him! Well, not until the first really douchy reply. I've had far more irritating customers than that guy and had to be nice to them... just wow. Serious wow. That guy deserves to lose any job relating to customers he has/may have in the future and sure as hell deserves no refunds if he ever has a bad retail experience. Really can't believe that email trail.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

btw, the guy isn't really high up position... he's a one-man marketing firm (that's my understanding) that another company hired for marketing purposes. Apparently his website was a huge mess of stuff he copy/pasted off of other websites. I suspect that guy's business won't last long.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, the best part was when he would name his company 'Ocean Marketting' (sic) and then 'Ocean Stratagy' (also sic)

- Coach

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:59 pm
Felix Rex

I don't know about you, but I'm never going to hire a company that mis-spells their name.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]