Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Night Tallinn
looks like a shithole to me

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:54 am
Minor Diety

Lol. Derf with the balanced and completely non-jaded opinion, just like I expected. :P

It's a great pic...love that it's at the sea too. What is that big road cutting from left to right? Is it the ringway?

- Coach

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:52 am
Stranger

Ill answer that a bit later.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:24 am
Felix Rex

i presume he'll answer later because he's busy tracking down Derf to educate him on the beauty of Tallinn. :roll:

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

If there aren't a ton of laser lights, flashy neonsigns and trashy, drunk people, someone from the UK will probably label it as a shithole. :wink:

I never realised Talinn was at a sea. So much for geography skills. :oops:

~King of Thieves~

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:19 am
Felix Rex

Hey, I figured everything in Eastern Europe was small towns surrounded by 12th century stone walls. They even have power! :roll:

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Ok so the color red is a very inaccurate depiction of Pärnu road, Pärnu being one of the cities of Estonia and the road quite literally takes you to Pärnu should you follow it. The red circle is roughly the center of the city and a fucked up traffic spot. The greenish line is Liivalaia street and i guess it could be considered a roundabout to avoid the center, unfortunately both are locked tight during rush hours, and no Satis, our rush hours do not include horses and carriages :D. The blueish circle is also an inaccurate depiction but for now it represents the old city. Expensive stuff there, both to live and shop. And I also marked my uni on the map, the yellow circle.

Tallinn is quite old in some sense. For instance the Toompea Castle complex, now the seat of parliament, dates back to the 1200s. Just for reference the united states declared independence in 1776. Now don't take this the wrong way and in no way is this about who was first and did what, its just reference since american independence war is something people usually can relate to. :D

You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallinn

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 pm
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Now don't take this the wrong way and in no way is this about who was first and did what, its just ...

Thought we had another ultra-nationalist on our hands for a second. :wink:

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:03 am
Felix Rex

lol. Thanks for the information, Peltz, interesting stuff. And yea, my country is a freaking infant in comparison to much of Europe. It boggles the mind.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

As a nation, yes. As a physical area of land, no. It is just as old as any other place on this planet :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:39 am
Felix Rex

lol, smart ass.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]