It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Estonian Clickjacking Ring Totally Busted 
Stranger

Post Estonian Clickjacking Ring Totally Busted
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Internet- ... 36998.html

Quote:
An Eastern European clickjacking ring has been busted by American Law enforcement, stopping an organization that allegedly affected more than 4 million computers and scammed $14 million.

The article doesn't cover how things really went down or how the US police and our police were in cooperation for a really long time to bust these guys. It still saddens me that we make headlines thanks to our Russian leftovers. I'm pretty sure roughly about 80% of our crime is committed by the "awesome" people the soviet union gifted us.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Estonian Clickjacking Ring Totally Busted
Since when is Estonia in 'Eastern Europe' anyway? American authors much? :P

- Coach

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:15 am
Felix Rex

You wouldn't consider Estonia eastern Europe? It's certainly Europe, and I don't think you can go any further east into europe without hitting Russia. BTW, as far as what Americans consider eastern Europe, probably everything east of Germany / Austria / Italy but excepting Finland / Sweden / Norway. :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, to be fair I think most Europeans would too - I was half being facetious about the American author thing. ;) And well, historically speaking Estonia and the other Baltic states don't really qualify as Eastern European, but in terms of recent history (Soviet Union etc) it's not completely uncalled for to classify them under that denomination.

It can be a sensitive issue to some people though, while in the Czech Republic a lot of people would get really annoyed that I called it an 'Eastern European' country and insisted that it was Central European. They like to think they are much closer to Germany than to Poland, Ukraine and even Slovakia which they consider to be a little les...civilized than themselves. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:32 am
Felix Rex

haha, funny. I would totally call the Czech Republic eastern Europe... but good to know.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Probably because it's mostly either eastern of western, most people tend to 'forget' there should also be a central Europe. If if had to make categories, i'd probably forget it as well.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:19 am
Stranger

Well, i dont really care much, as long as the person im talking to has the general idea of where Europe actually is :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 pm
Felix Rex

lol, low standards I can relate to! To be honest, if I hadn't looked it up, I'd have had a hell of a time locating Estonia.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Shameful!! Oh these Americans! I'm sure all of us Euros could point out, say, Oklahoma on a map right now!! ;)

- Coach

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:53 am
Stranger

I'd know where to look, but I definitely couldn't pin point it. I have never bothered with researching where the major cities are located as well because I have never felt the need to know it by heart. So the general location of Europe and Estonia within is good enough, hell if you know that Estonia is a country as opposed to a sandwich, I am already positively affected.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 am
Felix Rex

The Estonian national sandwich

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Is that like...a thing? Or is Satis just making shit up? :P

I was trying to discern any obscenities in the way the fish and eggs were arranged but couldn't make out one at first glance....

- Coach

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:55 am
Stranger

Yep, satis is correct. Its black bread, butter and sprat. Other stuff is just an expansion on that basic concept. Its been with us for a long time. I'm not a big fan of it and i can't really remember when i last ate it but sure, it would be one of the first things to come in mind when speaking of national cuisine.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:34 am
Felix Rex

to be honest, I googled "Estonian national sandwich" and that came up. The fact the image name is dep_6073178-The-Estonian-national-sandwich-6.jpg was also a good indicator to me. :)

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's pretty much what I expected of a country bordering a sea in the North. No-nonsense, fish-based, nutritious. :)

I'm sure they also drink like fish, being surrounded by the Finnish and Russians. :roll:

- Coach

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next