It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deux Ex: Human Revolution 
Minor Diety

Post Deux Ex: Human Revolution
So, the game is nearly upon is (or is already, if you're an Americanian like Satis), and the metacritic and general critical response is nothing less than impressive. Open world and quests that can be solved in several ways are some of the more interesting aspects, but generally speaking atmosphere and dialogue are supposed to be great too. I'm almost tempted to buy it immediately upon release. :P

Wot I think on RPS

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... /#comments

Metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/deus- ... revolution

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:12 am
Stranger

Post Re: Deux Ex: Human Revolution
Yea i preordered it on steam, and everytime i see satis playing it i want to stab someone who allows this kind of discrimination based on nationality. EU should fuckin put a stop to it. IF the game is playable on any other continent it must be available in EU as well or take their product and fuck off completely. This is bullshit, there is no difference what so ever, there is no additional work done on the product or anything else. I mean we are on the same medium, satis and i, which is steam and he can play it and i not because i live in another country?? Sooo bullshit. I can understand that mmos have different launch times because the servers are handeled by different companies on some cases but a singleplayer game, fuck no this wont do.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 am
Minor Diety

Don't you know it takes a while for those bits to cross the ocean Peltz? ;)

On another, less anti-Euro note...the Deus Ex: HR website is selling clothes based on the game.

http://us.deusex-store.com/category/28_ ... Collection

The trenchcoat looks delicious, if a bit fruity/serial killer.

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 am
Felix Rex

lol, wtf @ clothes.

Anyway, the game is awesome. Truly. It's like the first one, only better. I'm absolutely amazed at the quality. My only negative is that the body language is off... it's damned robotic. It's like their motion capture was broken or something. But that's a pretty minor negative.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
Anyway, the game is awesome. Truly. It's like the first one, only better. I'm absolutely amazed at the quality.

/me hears Peltz grind his teeth ;)

- Coach

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:18 am
Stranger

I think i just popped a vein or something..

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:42 am
Felix Rex

lol, yea, I sensed some of Peltz's frustration via Steam. I just hope he remembers to hate Steam, or Eidos or whoever. Satis is just a victim. :roll:

Can't wait till you guys get it so we can discuss things.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Sunday, I am out of the country until Sunday.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:11 am
Felix Rex

damn, I may be done with my first playthrough by Sunday.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I started playing yesterday night, and it's shaping up as a pretty amazing game. Complex, with the right atmosphere. LOVING the music too. Anyway i'm really not that far in, but just wanted to say that already. :P

Oh and I love how the game
seems to play with RPG conventions on time and urgency...I chose to hang around and listen to the recordings and speak to people in the lobby when you first return after your accident, and apparently the stuation got worse while I was exploring. Whoops. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:39 am
Felix Rex

Yea, that happened to me too.

May I suggest you invest in your hacking skills early on? They're pretty important.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I took two levels in my hacking (level 4 now) which is barely enough to get by so far, but other than that I focused on stuff like social augmentation and seeing through walls and stealth stuff. :)

I think i finished the first 'chapter' of the game. I shut down the antenna in derelict row, and traced the signal back to the FEMA base and cleared it out. I did everything by sneaking about and moving unseen, earning the 'ghost' and 'smooth operator' XP bonuses, and then....the game throws a boss-fight at me that's straight out of some Jap action stealth game. :roll: It didn't take me TOO long to beat him (like 3 tries), but it was a rude awakening after trying to stealth everything and not killing a single person. :/ Suddenly I HAD to fight and kill. Not horrible, but very sudden. Good thing I hauled around a shotgun (just in case).

Anyway, maybe it's not as obvious to you since you shot everyone in the face, but to me it was a pretty weird game design idea. Off to China now. :P

- Coach

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 am
Felix Rex

There are occasional boss fights that you can't get around. Just get used to it. :)

I had a hard time with that fight. It took me a bunch of tries until I finally got it. Was frustrating. Enjoy China!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

some screenshots (no spoilers of any significance)

people eat like shit in the future too
Attachment:
deus_ex_foods.jpg

they still use roomba robotic vacuums
Attachment:
deus_ex_roomba.jpg

It's Ocram!
Attachment:
ocram.jpg

Some awesome emails. Stop sitting your fat asses on expensive equipment.
Attachment:
fat_ass.jpg

A hidden room with a highly encrypted terminal with an oblique reference to an old Megadeth song. Awesome. :)
Attachment:
megadeth.jpg

the HAND
Attachment:
thehand.jpg

and an awesome email referencing said hand
Attachment:
thehand_email.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I took a lot of screens too, more environments than anything else though. Like Satis, no real spoilers. :) Some of it may not look as good as in-game since a lot of it is moving (like the panels and walls in the LIMB clinic).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next