It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Off for two weeks 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Off for two weeks
lol, you're such a cheap bastard. :roll: I don't really mind buying new clothes when old ones are worn out. The only time that's sad is when the piece of clothing has some sort of nostalgic value, in which case it goes in the back of the closet and I won't wear it any more. My signed Gorguts shirt's an example of that, as is my Danzig III tour shirt.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Count

yes it does make your clothing last less long, but I like to shop and stay somewhat current with fashions for the majority of my clothing I wear to work. To me it just looks more professional.

As for the temp, I would see that effecting things differently but still I dunno, it would bother me. But everyone to their own. Before I started dating Satis I would completely clean my shower/bath tub before setting foot in it to shower. I have since back off a lot on that kind of stuff.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, my best clothes i only throw to wash when they're actually dirty, rather than when I just think they could use a wash. Washing wears them out and deforms them. When I get bored of my current set of clothes, or when some items get worn, I go buy a whole new set of stuff. Kinda makes me feel like Ron Burgundy buying new suits.

lol @ shiny cleaning bathtub. What would you do in a zombie apocalypse!?!? The US has guns, but the people aren't half finnicky about hygene. :)

Us Europeans are un-armed, but tough :)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:46 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, I'm basically already living the zombie apocalypse: bulk water and milk supplies, cupboards full of unexpirable food, no personal hygiene or luxery like heating. ;)

The only thing that would be different is that I'd be killing zombies/running from them. :P Maybe I should get a katana and some sword sharpening stones, just in case.

- Coach

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:18 pm
Count

Oh Derf man there is a difference by choice and by need. I mean I can go camping without a shower for days - I am not happy about it but it is not like I am running around in my designer perfumes in the woods.

As for food/water/katana. Check/check/check at my house. I would rather have more amno though. Old nuclear bunker would be nice too. /shrug.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 am
Felix Rex

Ideally I'd have a good 100,00 rounds of ammo for each pistol/rifle in the house. I'd also want some crossbows and/or composite bows, plus plenty of bolts/arrows. Those are mostly recyclable, anyway. And more canned goods. :twisted:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Figured I'd just use this thread to tell you that I was off for almost two weeks and just got back. I forgot to post that I was actually going away, so you may not have noticed anything. :P

- Coach

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am
Minor Diety

Hehe, it was pretty calm here.

I have barely posted myself the last 2 weeks, since I've had my toncils removed on the 13th. Not being able to eat decent food and taking as much painkillers as the doctors allow you to isn't the ideal recipe to be very active :-)

Where did you go to btw?

~King of Thieves~

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 am
Stranger

What, lol J, having the tonsils removed is like the best excuse ever to eat unlimited amount of ice-cream, till you puke.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am
Felix Rex

lol... I'd probably be posting conversations with myself. And gaming. And stuff. But yea, was kinda quiet, wondered what happened to you. Afraid you'd found a woman, but quickly dismissed the idea as absurd. :roll:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha you bitch. :P I was down in Malta again, given budget restrictions. I'm now considering moving there on a more permanent basis to look for work...

- Coach

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:22 am
Felix Rex

lol, move to Malta to look for work? Is there work in Malta? I figured the Mediterranean areas were the worst hit with job problems.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It is - but Malta not nearly as much as Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal et al. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it's a small country (500.000 people) that exists almost entirely by the grace of tourism. They also have very liberal laws re: online gambling and ship registration, making it so that many igaming and shipping companies put their offices in Malta. If I would end up in the country, my options would at first be limited to customer service stuff I'm sure. But it's not like I'm getting a freaking job over here either is it? Might as well do a crappy job in an enjoyable country.

- Coach

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:25 pm
Felix Rex

Haha, true enough. As far as I see it, I get a job to make money so I can enjoy my life. My life does not revolve around my job. Obviously more money is better, and if I ever run into that mythical thing where you love your job (!?) then maybe I'll change my tune.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3