It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Off for two weeks 
Minor Diety

Post Off for two weeks
As of Wednesday afternoon/evening I'm flying to Malta for a 2-week break from my exhausting unemployment. :roll: It's not exactly tropical over there yet, and in fact it's rainy this week, but at around 16-20° max during the day and around 10° at night, it sure as fuck is a lot more agreeable than over here! :P

I'll probably find internet somewhere during my stay there, but I can't be sure. We'll see! If not, i'll see you guys in 2 weeks!

- Coach

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:23 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Off for two weeks
Have a good one. Enjoy the break.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 am
Felix Rex

That's awesome. I wish I could go to Malta for 2 weeks.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I wish i could go anywhere for two days :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:39 pm
Minor Diety

I hope you're having a good time man! :D

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So yeah, I'm back and completely revigorated from my exhausting life as an unemployed person. :lol: Enjoyed it a lot, the weather, the people, the food, the pace of life...met with friends too (alto that was a bit short). It's surprising how spending a while in the mediterranean can influence your mood, especially during the winter when it's cold and grey and wet here and sunny and warm there. I actually don't like it to be HOT (like 25+ C°), but 17-20 like it was now is definitely preferable to Belgian winter. :roll:

The thing I noticed most is the difference in life quality. Malta (and most Mediterranean countries) has a generally lowe quality of life financially, but it's just so much more relax that you actually enjoy being out and about. Sun obviously helps, but the pace is the biggest difference. First day I was back I took a tram through the center of Antwerp ans was surprised/annoyed at how busy and rushed everything was. It's weird how that works. :)

So...I decided to up the ante on my searches for work abroad, particularly in Malta (since I have a flat I can stay at for a while at little expense if need to). Not gonna be easy tho, particularly not if it's a job worth doing. But we'll see!

- Coach

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 pm
Felix Rex

Sounds cool man. Glad you had a good time. I'd say I miss the warm weather, but it's 25 C here right now. :roll:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

*hates Satis*

;)

Actually, weather is slowly picking up from winter temperatures here. Should only be two months before we see sunshine now! :lol:

- Coach

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Felix Rex

lol... this weather is rough. We were at -8 C two weeks ago or so. Wildly oscillating weather like that can play havoc with your body.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I can only imagine. Probably accompanied by serious storms too? That usually happens when weather changes dramatically.

- Coach

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, the sudden cold thing was due to a polar front or some shit. That caused all kinds of snow and icey rain and crap. nothing too insane... no tornadoes yet. :roll:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

We hit over -30C last week, a few new cold records here and there and its been quite steady at -20C during night time.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 am
Felix Rex

That's beautiful. :roll: When we were in Breckenridge (ski resort) it got to around -25 C, but that's a damned ski resort, you kinda have to expect some amount of cold weather. Living in that every day for months... sheesh.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Our -30 is a very fucked up temperature, the air moisture and the extreme cold makes one think that their face is just about to peel off, even when standing perfectly still.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 am
Minor Diety

lol. And I was cursing that it was snowing again here yesterday. :roll:I didn't even have to go out, being unemployed and all...I just minded that I might have had to turn on the heat and waste precious euros. :P Man, once my yearly heating bill refund comes in March, I'm gonna be rich.

- Coach

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next