It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Starcraft 2 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Starcraft 2
Another pretty positive session last night. The last game we lost mainly for 3 reasons:

- I didn't build enough Marauders and maybe could have rushed 1-2 siege tanks to deal with the collossus that raped us.
- Ox maybe not having a defensive force ready
- Roll of the dice. Ox wormed in JUST as they attacked. They were obviously re-using a tactic that works well with protoss, rather than doing something clever.

The previous games were solid wins though. Basically my game plan was:

1. Get marines & SCV's as quickly as possible
2. Get 1-2 siege tanks on defense
3. Expand
4. Upgrade & build
5. Harass by nuking with Ghosts
6. Build battlecruisers

I am certainly no longer:
a) Scanning like a whore
b) Paradropping

I need the energy to build mules and get extra resources. Also, something else I changed... I normally feel most vulnerable when expanding, so I do 2 things differently:
a) Expand slightly earlier since it's less likely the opponent will be trying to stop that.
b) And this is the clever one... by using mules to gather the minerals on expansions, and having the SCV's concentrate on gas, the expansion becomes "low-risk". Mules are free and temporary, so I dont have to worry about losing them to the enemy. If they attack, I lift off my HQ and try to withdraw it, simply to resettle again later and dump another 3-4 mules back on the minerals.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 am
Minor Diety

Hehehe yeah we won those matches mostly on your macro power. Well and partially thanks to my corruptors in that one game. :)

As for the last one...yeah that wasn't really a big loss. Just bad luck and good opponents. I did have a defensive force, but they were in the enemy's base as he they attacked. :( I had about 10-13 hydralisks which can easily take 20 stalkers - it's just those colossi that fuck them up.

Anyway, lessons learned I suppose. Me doign early harassing and scouting and you beign macro master seems to work well. We should hit silver soon. :)

EDIT: also....we should try to make ghosts vs protoss ASAP. Their EMP is devastating to a large force like that.

- Coach

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 am
Minor Diety

Another edit in a new post:

I'm gonna start using infestors more often. They're the caterpillar-like guys who spewed green goo over that enemy army we raped. Fungal growth ftw.

Quote:
Enemy units in the area of effect are immobilized and suffer 36 damage over 8 seconds. It does not appear to stop or damage burrowed units. Cloaked and burrowed units are revealed.

This absolutely tears apart groups of Terrans, but requires immediate backup from ground forces clearly (notably to take out the medivacs if they're there). Also makes short work of Mutalisks who rely on their speed

Neural Parasite can also do wonders when facing a few thors or colossi.

Quote:
The infestor extends a long tentacle, latching onto an enemy ground or air unit, which is then covered in green tentacles. This enables the infestor to control that unit, which changes to match the infestor's color. Units maintain their upgrades and special abilities while controlled by the zerg. Ground and air units may be controlled, but control reverts to the original player if the infestor is killed or once the duration passes. Units that move beyond the infestor's range revert to the original player's control.

A controlled worker can build structures.

I've actually managed to make a Protoss Nexus as Zerg with neural parasite. :lol: Terran is impossible since the control only lasts for a while and the SCV takes time to finish the building.

- Coach

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:11 am
Minor Diety

Yeah damn. I forgot again about the Ghost EMP. Looks like the Ghost will soon become a central part of my game.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:03 am
Minor Diety

Bitches! I got this game from work today for FREE.

Yeah! A PC game! Mole! I know! EXLCAMATION POINT!!!!!oneone!!!twelve!sixteenpointthreesixes1

Aaaanyway, just done the first two mission but not got much free time at the moment. So far so good! Runs nicely on "High" setting, just bumped it up to ultra to see what it does next time I boot.

If you feel like letting a newb play with you at some point y'all jus holla'.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool stuff my man!

We need to sync up for some 3 vs 3 action :D

Ox and I can ease you in by first playing against Insane AI i guess.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm
Minor Diety

Good times, once I'm not covering shifts for the world and his dog I'll jump in with you guys. I noticed a friends option in the game too, I'll add you to that if you give me you like?

I'm running through the game on hard mode - though I have a quick question.

If I go in an upgrade my units, and then go back to a later level, will the units have the upgrades?

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Go back to a later level? Not sure I understand.

Are you talking about the in-game upgrades like +1 ground troops weapons, +1 ship weapons, etc? Or about the upgrades you can pick in between the missions?

We'll show you the ropes once you have the time. :) I'll post my nick in a bit.

(btw me and Derf had a great run tonight, won most of our games and nearing silver league)

- Coach

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 pm
Minor Diety

Between missions you can spend credits, which the first instance allowed me to buy sheilds for my troops.

If I then go to the mission log and replay and older mission, do I have those sheilds?

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm not sure Mole. I think so, as long as you stay within the same campaign. But can't say I tried it myself.

Derf was mostly playing Civ V this weekend, so I embarked on a few games on my own. Won a lot of shit in a row, propelling myself to the top of the gold league in 1 vs 1. I was 2 or 3 when I quit, but could have been in 1st place...I just fucked up a few games towards the end cause I was losing focus. I'm expecting to be platinum soon, which is hilarious. :p

http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/631282/Rinox

- Coach

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 am
Minor Diety

Mole, what's your availability like during the week, or this weekend?

And what's your username?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 am
Minor Diety

I don't mind if he doesn't obviously, but maybe he should finish the SP campaign first? Not that it hurt you too much to not play it, but if he's planning to do it anyway (which I can only recommend, it's great) he might as well do it first to avoid 'oh I didn't know this unit could do this/I could research that/this building works this way' moments. :)

- Coach

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I'm gonna rock my way through the SP compain first for sure; I'm always that way with any game. I have no availability this week whatsover, so it'll have to be next week dudes.

The username on there is Smeep.

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:14 am
Minor Diety

Epic win gif :)

You should see us play SC2. :roll: Once Derf gets his macro vibe on and isn't harassed with micro too much he can crank out battlecruisers like you've never seen before.

I try to complement his playing style by being more defensive and focusing in units that can support his BC fleet (like the air superiority fights, the Vikings). But I'm not really used to playing Terran.

- Coach

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next