It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
Left 4 Dead 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Left 4 Dead
Shiny and I played it, with Ox jumping in toward the end. It's a very high quality campaign. Also, the first time I played it, I played through maybe a third of the first level, and the second time we played the first level was laid out differently. So it would appear that the level design is partly randomized, which is pretty freakin' cool. There's also just a butt-ton of detail.

Anyway, I hope to play this again sometime.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Alright you L4D bitches, I need advice.

I'm currently running through this for achievements, and I've got most of them. I'm playing on the Xbox 360. I only have the 4 original levels, and the survival mode. The achievements all come from the main campaign, I have completed all of the VS. Achievements. I will also list the achievements I need incase you can give me tips.

I figure the PC and Xbox version's won't vary that much and all I'm after is basic tips.

The first tip, I can feild myself - get a GOOD TEAM.

Here's the achievements I'm after, with any questions or points I can make about them.

Untouchables
No Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle.

Man vs Tank
Single-handedly kill a Tank.

I figure the only way to do this is to get a team of 4 humans and have the other guys not shoot. Are there any locations in the game where you can get a tank to appear, but be completely safe from it? As tanks seem to have a "Kill the most dangerous" attitude, and go for the person that has done the most damage rather than the person that is nearest. Also, any tips for taking out tanks on expert?

Safety First
Play an entire campaign with no Survivors taking friendly fire damage.

Again, I just need 4 good people, with only one person allowed to fire their gun, on easy mode have that person up front and just run through one of the 4 campaigns.

Red Mist
Kill 1000 Infected with a mounted machine gun.

Will unlock with time.

Zombie Genocidest
Kill 53,595 Infected.

Will unlock with time.

Zombicidal Maniac
Survive any campaign on Expert.

I need 4 people, me and 3 other good players. Unless there are any tips for single player you have?

What Are You Trying to Prove?
Survive all campaigns on Expert.

I need 4 people, me and 3 other good players. Unless there are any tips for single player you have?

Nothing Special
Survive a campaign with no Survivors taking damage from Special Infected.

Is this just luck? Is there a way to decreas spawn? Awareness will be a factor...

Stomach Upset
All Survivors complete a campaign without being vomited on.

Again, is this just luck? Or is there a way through a campaign without spawning a boomer?

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Last edited by Mole on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mole wrote:
Untouchables
No Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle.

There are some exploits you can use for this, like camping on the rock in the water outside the boathouse in the finale of Death Toll. You wil need humans who listen tho. Check youtube for more info or something, sure it's on there.

Mole wrote:
Man vs Tank
Single-handedly kill a Tank.

I figure the only way to do this is to get a team of 4 humans and have the other guys not shoot. Are there any locations in the game where you can get a tank to appear, but be completely safe from it? As tanks seem to have a "Kill the most dangerous" attitude, and go for the person that has done the most damage rather than the person that is nearest. Also, any tips for taking out tanks on expert?

Easy: start a singplayer game on 'easy' and once you hear a tank, switch it to expert, kill the bots, and switch it back to easy. Killing a tank on your own on easy is pretty easy with an autoshotty. Best do it in an open area. As for killing tanks on expert...if you set it on fire it'll run a lot faster, so only do it if you have a lot of obstacles between you and it so i'll be slowed down. other than that it's just experience. It never gets easy, but after a while it's a routine (for us anyway).

Mole wrote:
Safety First
Play an entire campaign with no Survivors taking friendly fire damage.

Again, I just need 4 good people, with only one person allowed to fire their gun, on easy mode have that person up front and just run through one of the 4 campaigns.

Just start a singplayer campaign on easy and finish it. The bots never do FF, so as long as you make sure you never shoot them (you won't damage them on easy, but it does count as FF) you've got it.

Mole wrote:
Red Mist
Kill 1000 Infected with a mounted machine gun.

Will unlock with time.

Zombie Genocidest
Kill 53,595 Infected.

Will unlock with time.

Yup.

Mole wrote:
Zombicidal Maniac
Survive any campaign on Expert.

What Are You Trying to Prove?
Survive all campaigns on Expert.

No singleplayer tips really. Unless you're godlike at L4D or get lucky/are a sploiter, you'll need 3-4 people.

Mole wrote:
Nothing Special
Survive a campaign with no Survivors taking damage from Special Infected.

Is this just luck? Is there a way to decreas spawn? Awareness will be a factor...

Never tried it, as it seems way too hard. Getting3 other good players and play on easy seems your best bet, but even then it's gonna be trial and error.

Mole wrote:
Stomach Upset
All Survivors complete a campaign without being vomited on.

Again, is this just luck? Or is there a way through a campaign without spawning a boomer?

It's easy enough if you are a bit careful and have other people with you. Just rush through a campaign on easy. :)

- Coach

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:11 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I just came back to post that I just completed the Man Vs Tank achievement, using a very similar method to what you said too.

Still, gonna go for "no friendly fire" now :)

Knocked that one off too :D I only got vomitted on twice on top of that, I really think that that achievement and the no spec damage one will be pure luck. You seem to know an awful lot about these achievements, I'm guessing they're in the Pc version too?

Thanks man :)

EDIT: I managed to complete a campaign on it's hardest mode - and I didn't get the freakin achievement. Never mind, I will try again when I'm not too sleepy. I don't understand why it didn't unlock though, but still at least I know I can make it with 4 other players. These were randomers and it took about 1hr 20 to do the first campaign.

Playing it on Expert leads to a much more interesting game, these guys had gone through it before and I learned quite a lot in the time I spent playing with them. I found out things like:

Places where you can skip out on alerting the horde,
Which rooms are available to bottleneck zombies along the way (inc. the side rooms in the sewers, for example),
That pipe bombs are more a method of prevention than a reaction to being attack (I.E. If you're gonna cross large open spaces you can throw the bomb to lure the zombies away),
The favoured method of defeating a tank is to back-track through the level to an open area that you can do a loop in, so you can play ring-around-the-roses with it; like a horrofic benny hill scene (Like if one appears just before you enter the hospial you can drop in to the sewers using the side tunnels to keep distance from it)
Using Painpills much more efficiently (Stopping death rather than using it to stay alive after death),
How annoying it is when one char won't listen to anyone!

Just through playing No Mercy :)

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mole wrote:
Which rooms are available to bottleneck zombies along the way (inc. the side rooms in the sewers, for example),
That pipe bombs are more a method of prevention than a reaction to being attack (I.E. If you're gonna cross large open spaces you can throw the bomb to lure the zombies away),
The favoured method of defeating a tank is to back-track through the level to an open area that you can do a loop in, so you can play ring-around-the-roses with it; like a horrofic benny hill scene (Like if one appears just before you enter the hospial you can drop in to the sewers using the side tunnels to keep distance from it)
Using Painpills much more efficiently (Stopping death rather than using it to stay alive after death),
How annoying it is when one char won't listen to anyone!

Just through playing No Mercy :)

Yeah, those are all pretty much essentials. Nice to see you picked them up pretty fast. :) Another tip would be not to use a medkit until you're actually grey (ie you won't just go down upon reaching 0 HP but insta-die) and try to hop along on pills as long as you can. In case there's a tank and you're slow as shit because you have 1 HP you should heal of course, lest it catches up with you.

As for the avoiding panic events..well if it's taking advantage of glitches (like the cargo door in No Mercy, in the gas station area) you'll probably want to not do that from the moment you've got enough experience under your belt. Avoid them for now if you have to, but after a while you'll become that good at L4D that it becomes fun. :P

Also, melee. A LOT. :)

(and yes the achievements are the same on the PC - I tried to do most of them that are easy but never bothered with 'nothing special', it's just ridiculous)

- Coach

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:51 am
Minor Diety

I hear what you're saying about being good at the game, the only problem for me is I'm forced in to playing PUG's at the min because none of my friends on xbox live still have the first l4d. Once I grab some regulars, I'll know I can trust certain people to be in certain places etc etc. It's why I don't play CoD that much anymore - most of my CoD mates have lost xbox live for one reason or another so I'm pretty much a one man army.

This isn't normally a problem until you come up against a clan and the only people on your team are headless chickens, and you need them to listen to you in order to win!

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

A cool l4d video

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That IS pretty neat. But there are no katana's in L4D1...OUTRAGE!! ;)

They're gonna make the L4D announcement tomorrow, can't wait...hope it's Midnight Riders related.

- Coach

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39