It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Conscription 
Felix Rex

As an aside, many colleges offer an ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps) program that, if you take enough years of it, does qualify you to be an officer. But you're basically taking 'college courses' that are the equivalent of the officer training you'd be going through in the military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_Of ... ning_Corps

So, if you were seriously looking at becoming an officer in the military after graduating college, ROTC would be the way to do that.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

True, but that begs the question if officer training is aimed at the development of leadership skills rather than theoretical training. And from what I heard from a friend, the latter is the "primary" chunk, the former is developed afterwards during traineeships. So it still matters to an extent.

And leadership or not, I don't take orders from people who are intellectally inferior to me. :roll:

EDIT: was @ derf

- Coach

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:45 pm
Felix Rex

lol, liar. If you've ever held a job, you've taken orders from someone intellectually inferior. Or if you've taken classes. Or pretty much any time you were subject to taking orders from someone. Police? :roll:

The bad thing about being smarter than 99.9% of the population is that you're constantly having to deal with people that are dumber than you.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mmm, i still don't think it's related. Leadership skills for me arent that closely related to intellect.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 pm
Stranger

No, a masters degree will not fastrack your officer graduation. It may improve your chances of selection for officer training, but nothing more.

Actually in Estonia, it is now mandatory to have tertiary education (bachelors degree) in order to become an officer. No education, no career. This is actually a good thing because an officer is probably one of the few statuses left, well at least here the rank of an officer is given by the President. In that it is quite unique.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:56 am
Stranger

Post Re: Conscription
Well dear "strangers" of Clankiller :D, the time is almost upon me when i do not have to worry how my hair looks in the morning and what clothes to wear. As of Wednesday next week I'll be stationed in the barracks on the other side of the town doing push ups, sit ups and lots of running. I will probably have some kind of internet access so i can keep an eye on clankiller but no chance of coop gaming. The beginning is going to be a bit rough since at the moment we have the warmest temperatures of the summer.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 am
Minor Diety

Cool, good stuff Peltzy. Enjoy it. Did you end up preparing a bit? Let us know how you get along.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:57 am
Felix Rex

Yea, good luck bud. Have a good time... or as good a time as you can.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Xek7IQhlw

:twisted:

Just kidding, good luck Peltzmeister!

- Coach

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:01 am
Stranger

Well, 11 months are almost up, only 1 or 2 weeks left until reserve. My god, what a fucking waste, its like some horribly twisted kinder garden only everyone resembles some kind of weird brain washed adult. What a waste.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 20, 2011 11:36 am
Minor Diety

lol

So none of it was of any value?

Fri May 20, 2011 3:23 pm
Felix Rex

lolz... welcome to the real world! Where people are stupid! The older I get, the more I realize that most people are complete idiots. :roll:

Fri May 20, 2011 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Can't say I'm surprised the army isn't the most stimulating experience in the world. ;)

Good to have you back soon tho Peltzmeister!

- Coach

Fri May 20, 2011 5:40 pm
Stranger

Well, i am a bit healthier and stronger and have minor increase in stamina for running etc. But at the same time i have suffered in the brain department, i swear all the time, i'm more lazy, i become agitated more easily, i feel frustrated more often. In all this time i never felt like our company was a band of brothers, it was more of a group of people suffering. We weren't united by the common cause or common ideals, we were united in suffering from stupidity.

People just don't care, they don't take pride in a job well done, they just want to do as little as possible and leech money. It's a good thing that the people in my Defence League (voluntary) Division are nothing of the sort, they are highly motivated, they do their jobs well beyond of call of duty and they pick you up when you are stuck. Overall i am disappointed but at least now i know what kind of person i never want to become, i will be better.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 pm
Felix Rex

haha, I knew people like that in the army too. Lazy fuckers. It's ok, people notice who the lazy bastards are and they have a tendency of not getting too far in things Nothing annoys people more than busting their asses while some lazy sob sits on the sidelines. :roll:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next