It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Derf's Games Radar 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Derf's Games Radar
hehe, that'd be even more awesome. That'd make for a hell of an MMO. Though it would have to be free to play. You'd have to earn rank so you could command more and more men... start off at like squad leader, then platoon leader, then company commander, then battalion commander, etc. That'd be freakink awesome. I guess it wouldn't need to be an MMO, just something with persistent stat tracking. Have 2 - 20 people connect and build two opposing armies that then fight it out over large swathes of terrain. That'd be hot.

As for treason being an option... :lol:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You know it wouldn't take a motnh before I attack B company in the back and steal their equipment. :lol:

- Coach

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 pm
Felix Rex

haha, you're a bastard.

Then again, the brito-italio duo would start off on opposite sides, then treason, create their own army and backstab everyone. And take their med kits.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And block their own way to the plane with fire and then get raped by a tank and smoker...wait this metaphor isn't working anymore.

- Coach

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 pm
Minor Diety

lol - Makes me think though, a 5 way WW2 RTS coop could consist of:

Me with my light infantry / recon platoons: Spotting enemies and generally checking shit out before it comes to our main forces.

O'cram and satis sharing infantry companies: Maybe Satis leading the weapons platoons since ocrams lag may be risky when handling mortars and MG's. :)

Rinox leads the logistics company: Skanking, requisitioning, (using-to-his-own-benefit) materials, equipment and captured enemy weapons / inventory. Plus, he's close to medpacks that way.

Peltz - Armoured company: Since he had a tank fetish in MoW.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:18 am
Minor Diety

RPS Article wrote:
RPS: Related, a few readers mentioned how much they enjoyed using the dynamic campaign generator mod. Any plans for something like that?

Kramer: Yes we do have, for quite some time actually. I will put it this way, if we succeed as we hope we do with Men of War: Assault Squad, it’s something that’s certainly a possibility for Men of War 2. Please bear with me that I can’t unveil details, I only can say that I think that online games (especially coop) and dynamic (online) campaigns are the future for the series.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:03 am
Minor Diety

*mental orgasm*

- Coach

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:33 am
Stranger

Yea, i'll man the tanks for sure.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:58 pm
Minor Diety

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09 ... /#comments

- Coach

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 am
Minor Diety

PC Gamer wrote up a super interesting RO2 review

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/11/red-o ... d-preview/

Quote:
In cover behind some steel rails and debris, I check the magazine on my Russian SVT-40 semi-automatic rifle. There’s no on-screen counter for bullets; you hold the R key to swipe the clip from your weapon, and a message reports if the clip feels heavy or light. This might sound like realism for realism’s sake, but in practice, it simply means that reloading is a tactical decision. Gibson chimes in over my shoulder when I ask about the design.

“You never know exactly how much ammo you have in your gun, so you end up having those ‘oh crap’ moments where you run around the corner to shoot at enemies, pull the trigger, and nothing happens. It gives the player a brief moment of panic.”

Quote:
On that, operating a weapon in Red Orchestra 2 is the reason I was enthusiastically tethered to Gibson’s desk for an entire day. Without being too romantic about it: being pupil-deep in a sniper scope, the optics jar with every slide-pull of your bolt-action Mosin Nagant rifle, the black outline that vignettes your vision wavers within the scope, lightly disorienting. Few games have given me the feeling that I’m operating such active, mechanical weapons.

Quote:
More subtly, I love the delay RO2 introduces between death notifications. It sounds absolutely simple: if you kill someone, a pop-up won’t appear until five or six seconds after they’ve expired. That gap in immediate feedback stirs drama—even when you’re sure you’ve tagged a German between the lungs, there’s a bit of breath-holding after every kill. You forget how much organic tension you’ve been missing out on when a bright “+10” isn’t stamped on the screen to pat you on the back every time you shoot someone.

That raw, scrappy-feeling gunplay strikes a compromise I’ve been waiting for for years: a nuanced multiplayer shooter that doesn’t place success at the top of its learning curve like an out-of-reach peanut butter jar. Every tint of realism feels purposefully ancillary—in the dozen-plus rounds I played, gunfights never hinged on how well I utilized cover—I could survive without it by crouching, leaning, crawling on my stomach or yelling at my squad leader to toss a smoke grenade to cover a flanking move.

Quote:
Knowing that these intricate parts exist within a tank mirrors the fun I have when downing humans in RO2. More than 10 separately-housed systems can be picked apart. In my final tank fight, I’d lost my engine, but my enemy hadn’t bothered to finish me. Immobilized, I swapped to the gunner seat (transitioned by a Mirror’s Edge-style crouch-crawl through the cockpit in first-person), shoved my dead crewmate aside, and scrounged a kill on the turret.

Jesus! :twisted:

- Coach

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 pm
Minor Diety

Mosin Nagant .. Derf will love it.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 pm
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah pretty sweet but the magazine-weight-thing was already in play and some servers completely disabled kill messages (which I loved not for realism but for immersion):

"BLAM!... shit, I'm not certain I got him... but we NEED that trench... Ah well." *charge forward and pray no one pops their head out of the trench*

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 pm
Minor Diety

Shogun 2 demo out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34330/

- Coach

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 pm
Felix Rex

I played through part of it, and it's so hard to say if the game's going to be good or not. At least so far, the demo is so 'do this', 'do that' that you don't actually get to play, you're just following directions. I did about 30 minutes of that at lunch, then quit to go back to work. I may pick it back up again and finish the demo, but I hope it actually lets you do something.

You're also limited to a total of 3 actual battles in the demo... you have to auto-resolve the left. Wtf kind of lame ass demo is that? To me, the strategic part is just so you can manipulate your battles into what you want. Those are the true focus (for me).

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Dammit I got excited about the Shogun demo then realised you need Steam. FFS. I assume you're gonna be required to have Steam for the full game? If so, I'm out of buying that.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next