It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Felix Rex

hehe...I don't know if I ever really had an omgwtf moment where I managed to totally screw the whole team... but you never know. The gas can where I lit Peltz on fire was pretty close. :roll:

If that thing really comes out today I'm gonna be totally stoked. Glad I did my c++ homework last night. :twisted:

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehehe...it's out on Xbox live so keep your eyes open on steam. Should be any time now.

- Coach

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:09 am
Minor Diety

Me, Satis, Derf and his bro dived into the Survival Pack madness yesterday and had a ton of fun. Survival mode is crazy as shit. :) Once you pass the 2.5-3 minutes mark you're basically getting pounded by one enemy after the other. I've seen three hunters appear at the same time as a tank, or a tank popping up like 10 seconds after we killed the previous one. :roll: Awesome. I think we can be relatively proud of ourselves that we made it to 7.5 minutes on Lighthouse on our first ever day playing survival mode, given that the Valve employees were maxing out at 9 minutes or so. :roll:

Love how we managed to find a semi-glitchorama spot in our first game. :lol: Seriously, with better planning and a little bit of luck that spot can get us way past 10 minutes (ok maybe not WAY PAST given the rising difficulty curve but still). We just need to:

- Have one player on smoker duty for the area ahead with a sniper rifle or M4
- the other 3 carry shotties
- everyone carries a pipe at the beginning

Then the shottie people just fend off regular infected climbing up with pistols (carrying shotties as primary) while the sniper man just conserves ammo except for smokers and perhaps boomers.

As we've seen the regular infected aren't a problem up there and the tank should go down before it gets (much) damage in with 3 shotties and a sniper blasting it. If we save our ammo for the tank etc. we can time one ammo run around the 5 minute mark, which is what we need the pipes for.

Erh...anyway. L4D ftw + infinity. I just hope I don't suffer from the post-update crashes anymore after updating my graphics drivers...hard freezes/crashes are scary stuff. never used to have them in L4D, just in Crysis (but all the time in that game). :(

- Coach

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:27 am
Felix Rex

yea, the game is good fun. Pure craziness. I'm interested to try some of the other levels too.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Count

I can not wait to play this. I watched some of what was going on with you all playing last night with satis and it looked insane. I'm actually a little nervous since I tend to be a pretty timid player, but I want to try it out.

*edit* Also, I watched Satis friendly fire Ocram in the back with what looked to be a shotty. I damn near wet myself laughing!

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:52 pm
Minor Diety

I tried loading up a game of Last Stand survival mode with bots yesterday on a local server, and crashed hard (manual reboot) at end of the map loading screen again. :? Happening ever since the update.

You know what's bizarre? I can still (apparently) drop into games in progress without any sort of graphical of performance problems. And I have the exact same problems with Crysis: I crash hard all the freaking time while loading games - never when actually playing or saving. Wtf?

At first I was suspecting a graphical bug/hardware problem because the screen goes 'dented' at the sides when my pc locks up in both Crysis and L4D. But then I wouldn't be able to actually render and play the game itself, clearly...

Maybe disk defragmentation? Could it possibly cause loading issues on that scale? I already installed the latest directx and ati drivers, so that can't be it.

- Coach

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:24 am
Felix Rex

it's unlikely to be disk fragmentation. you load the exact same files and presumably in the exact same order when you load into an existing game.

Try disabling audio in the game and trying it. It could be the audio drivers... if you complete disable audio and it stops crashing that should be a good indication. If that doesn't work, you have any older cards laying around? L4d isn't the most graphically intensive game... you could play (albeit poorly) on significantly older hardware. At least that'll tell you if it's related to your gfx card or not.

Beyond that, I don't know. If all else fails you can try deleting L4d's local content and redownloading it from scratch. It's possible something got screwed up with the update. I've heard of things like this happening in the past.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It was fun to get some playingtime in again. It had been a while and it showed a bit perhaps. Had some FF incidents were people ran in my line of fire but also got too triggerhappy a few times shooting a zombie in the distance where the other player should be able to deal with it.

I also kinda forgot or maybe didn't know that a tank can enter your starting zone. Was kinda funny to see it bash in the door and unexpectedly pummel me to my bloody death. Satis and Shiny running past the door should have been a clue for me to follow them.

We made it to a good end though, and luckily we had Ox to beat my FF incidents :P

PS: congrats on acquiring the übersaw in TF2 Satis 8-)

~King of Thieves~

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:41 am
Minor Diety

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:22 am
Minor Diety

We did Dead Air, and in short, I ran around like a headless chicken taking hits for the team (aka 'getting needlessly incapped all the time'), J was a little bit rusty but reliable as always, I topped the FF stats with Satis having the least incidents.

We had a few inconvenient tank encounters, like the one that nearly pwned J in the safe room (and then died from fire seconds before pummeling him into the ground). :wink:

Finale was pro: all 4 of us made it out alive (thanks to Satis reviving me after being hit by tank ranged :P ), with 4 pipes being thrown as the bay door opened and ON THE FIRST TRY. Really cool. :)

All in all definitely not my best game, but whatever. Someone needs to go point and take hits, and without Derf there it was all me going berserk. :roll:

We also played some survival, but as long as you're not looking for a quick fix or the record times campaign is much preferable with 4 friends. I even think versus would be if they introduced a 4 vs 4 groupfinder!

- Coach

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:35 am
Felix Rex

Yea, it was pretty fun. We did a good job of totally owning that finale. Good stuff. Ox was the FF king... he killed two of us with a molotov on the first level. :roll: Then he went recon as Shiny was rescuing J and I and got incapped on the stairs. Still, we made quick work of most of the levels... I don't think we got totally wiped very often (or at all?). In the end, I think he had 12 FF. I had 1, so my title as friend-killer has been passed along to The Oxinator.

Anyway, it was good fun.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Some L4D fun vids, some are downright hilarious, others...bizarre :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqu0-pDi ... 28&index=0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1knE20h244
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6maW_aY0Jg

- Coach

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:54 am
Minor Diety

Not like the silly vids above, but actually pretty cool and even beautiful, in a way :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldbYNSP ... re=related

A slow-mo reversed video of a finale on No Mercy. Very nicely done. :) loved it.

- Coach

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:05 am
Stranger

Yea nice vid the last one. They had atleast one fail there and some questionable FF incidents.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:08 pm
Felix Rex

yea. It would've been cooler if it had been one solid run, though. But the video was spliced together from different finales. Oh well, still pretty neat. If my onboard sound were up to the task I'd fraps one of our finales, but for some reason my audio doesn't get captured.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next