It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Stranger

On Death Toll, there is a second rock that causes Tanks to disappear. Its roughly at the same spot at the other side of the house but its easier to get on. regular zombies and probably tank can climb it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:26 am
Felix Rex

Yea, that's actually the first rock I was aware of. Tank usually disappears but not always... he can't climb it either. Or at least he couldn't, haven't sat on that one in a few updates. The problem is when you run for the exit you have to go a lot further.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks for the game guys. (peltz, shiny, satis). It went ok I thought. Overall I think we took alot of damage compared to other successful attempts (me especially) but I since it was death toll, in the end it's quite straight-forward overall.

Satis is still reigning FF whore, still by a long shot. :D

I like the hunting rifle now. I think it's my weapon of choice. Suits my recon style nicely. I like to get forward and have a peep at what's ahead, picking off those pesky clusters as I go along. The rifle sucks at taking down a horde rush though. Especially if theyre moving accross your line of fire.

The M16 is the more all-rounder weapon. It's the best at taking out hordes from long range, heck I think it's the best one for short range too.

The autoshotgun I think is the best gun for "last-line" defending. Ie, very close stuff.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:33 pm
Stranger

Yea the m16 is definitely the best in the game. When the horde comes just aim for the head line and woohoo for the blood and brains everywhere.

This is also my recommendation for shiny, aim towards the head, yesterday you shot them in the legs, remember the idea is to put them out not cripple them :D

Also aiming for the headline means that bullets dont get stuck in corpses or zombies doing the death animation. And please CROUCH at doorways.

The rifle is my favorite too, i use it all the time but not in the finale (except dead air) then its m16 time.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 am
Stranger

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

my gaming mouse which has served me so well in L4D is dying on me. It does these random things like switching weapons and suddenly looking in a completely random direction and eventually even stops working. Now i have to go and buy a new one. I hate switching my mouse because its so nice and big and fits perfectly under my hand unlike the new girly mice which are designed to attract little gay boys. lol.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!11

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 am
Minor Diety

You guys played without me! I feel betrayed. Especially by you Derf...I thought we had something special...something we wouldn't share with others. :cry:

Hehehe, jk...I was eating when you guys were setting up the game. I think Derf might have died much more than usual in part because he was missing a second kamikaze linesman next to him. :roll:

Did you complete Death Toll then? Did you do the finale on the rock? :)

I like the shotgun a LOT, just don't empty it to zero or you'll have to suffer the extra 'lock' at the end of the reloading animation. As long as there are still shells in there you reload pretty fast though.

I don't think I ever even tried the hunting rifle - for shame. Sniper rifle I've tried tho.

- Coach

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:20 am
Minor Diety

I had to increase my "twitchiness" a little bit, but generally the guys covered my 6 quite well. Thanks for that guys! ;)

However, there were quite a few moments where a stompmeister was needed. In tight spaces, I often turned a corner with a bugger-load of zombies immediately in front of me, and having only a hunting rifle, I cant really deal with them easily. This is where some shottie-assault skillz would have been really nice.

Interesting point about shooting heads, Peltz. I tend to shoot legs alot to keep FF down. (Satis, that's a tip for you kid) :lol:

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:24 am
Felix Rex

hah...I shoot at the heads, especially during horde rushes. But yes, my FF'ing is pretty bad. I don't know what's up with that. Other than me killing Peltz in the safe room at his request, those were all accidents. :( I know I set everyone on fire in the first level, and I hit Peltz through a wall with a pipe bomb toward the end, but man.... I can't believe I shot you guys that many times. :roll: well, I remember taking out Shiny when she ran across my line of fire. :P

At any rate, I actually enjoy all 3 weapons. Sniper rifle can be very handle since it shoots through bodies and walls. But it fires slow. Auto-shotty is great for close quarters work. I prefer it when I'm going commando, like the time I had to rescue you bastards in Dead Air. :P The M-16 is a great medium... careful control will let you pop off heads at range.

Anyway, I think I'll work on being a bit more careful in the future. We did make it, though. At least that's something. :roll:

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

It works like a charm, but only if the people infront know to crouch.

Edit: i really liked the finale, especially when we were waiting for the boat. I had one of my usual blond moments when i ran straight through 3 people shooting at zombies without getting hit once, then i stopped, moved back right infront of Satis and at this moment he was pistol pwning zombies and was like wtf you doing so he shot zombies from the left to the right of me without hitting me once. I must say that was pretty hilarious. Im amazed none of you hit me at that point. Matrix for sure.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:51 am
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah Satis, I remember that solo-moment. I still remember it as pretty damn amazing. Kinda like -> :o

And yes, I think it was Peltz ... dude you need to brush up on your Ozzy Peel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDjEYKNMu9o

Like that ^ but echelon left / right formation instead of single column. Shiny seems to do it well.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:18 am
Count

All I gotta say in my door crouch defense is I thought you and Satis were at the other door. So, while I stand by I fucked up by not crouching, I believed what I was doing was fine for what I thought was going on. I was just in the protect derf mode.

As for shooting legs, I don't intend to shoot at legs, I do that on occasion to keep friendly fire down, and I will also shoot at legs when I see a zombie on the other side of a truck (when all you see is legs), to bring them down so I can shoot mass. As for heads, well yea that would be ideal, but keep in mind guys I am pretty bad at games still. I am much much better than I used to be but by no means great yet. So, basically I am trying, just not doing great.

And, while it may not have been a single hand save, I think I had some OMG badass moves from time to time, such as when you guys were all dead. Again not great, but pretty good in my opinion. I play a lot more timidly than you guys. It is part off my style (and helps keep my ff low), So, sorry I am not great, but I did not do that bad I didn't think.

As for Satis, I stand by you incapped me more then once, although I will say once was my fault.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 am
Minor Diety

Ah yes, I remember Shiny. That was damn awesome. At least 3 times I think you basically saved the game for us. :lol:

Testament to how essential your low-profile style is to the team. :lol:

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 am
Minor Diety

That's what you get with boneheads like us. :roll: Hey Derf, I almost did a Satis too, remember? In the same area. Only a smoker got me when I came within 10 metres of the closet you bitches were in. :roll:

Survival Mode is apparently due sometime this week!

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2417

Quote:
Given the extreme pace of Survival Mode, the number of zombies killed in a single round often outnumbers an entire campaign. Even optimizing towards using pistols to eliminate common hordes, ammunition usually becomes an issue at some point. As ammo piles provide a unique infinite resupply for players, they tend to be in relatively less defensible positions in the Survival arenas.

Quote:
The Hospital Elevator, for example, might seem like an easy Crescendo Event to conquer. Hit the elevator button and holdout until the doors open for a quick escape. In Survival Mode, however, the area begins locked down. Areas open as the hordes come in, breaking down the doors to reach the survivors. In each room there are additional caches of vital pills, pipes, and Molotovs. By moving from location to location, using up the plentiful supplies as needed, a team can maximize their time in a game where the elevator never arrives to offer escape. In other maps, items may be less plentiful and require careful planning on their usage. Managing one's inventory and resources works hand-in-hand with teamwork in Survival Mode.

Sounds good. There even is a graph. :roll:

http://www.l4d.com/blog/images/posts/01 ... -graph.jpg

- Coach

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 am
Felix Rex

I'm fairly happy with Shiny's performance. Considering the days when I tried to play Soldier of Fortune 2 with her, she has improved massively. I'm tempted to replay Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to see how the new twitch reflexes translate to that.

Awesome about the new mode. I really hope it happens this week. I love to slaughter. :twisted: Unfortunately the graph is blocked by my content filter. I <3 graphs.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

haha, you probably saw it right now - it's a graph showing the spawn rate of special and common infected and the tank as time goes on. Towards the 16 minute mark, tanks spawn every 5 seconds or so. LOL.

Found some more info on it

Quote:
How furious is it? Consider this: In all of the play testing that the Valve designers have done while creating this mode, none of them have ever survived past the 10 minute mark. We're told the company best so far was about nine minutes, with a team of elite players battling like crazy to keep one another alive. Our experience at Valve averaged around three or four minutes a round, but they're like the fastest three or four minutes of your life.

What makes it so challenging is that the Survival mode doesn't waste time building up. After the initial wave of zombies you'll start getting hit by waves of special zombies; these are the hunters, smokers, boomers, and tanks. You'll get multiples of them at a time; I often saw two or three hunters or smokers leaping around the battle while the mindless horde minions were everywhere. In one battle, we had the tank, a boomer, a couple of smokers, and a hunter hitting us at the same time. We're told it's even possible to get two tanks at the same time, a prospect that seems both ludicrously unfair and hilarious at the same time.

There's one new "map" called the Lighthouse in the new survival mode, the other 15 are adaptions of existing maps. Note: the lighthouse isn't a complete campaign, only in survival mode so far. But I suppose it'll be a full campaign once. Some footage of it here (but not very revealing):

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/818215/tu ... clip2.html

Quote:
As soon as your group is wiped out, you get the match results and then the entire thing resets. Basically, once you start playing you can do round after round easily, which eats up the time. Survival mode is playable on 16 levels, 15 of which are taken and modified from the existing four campaigns. We played in Dead Air's airport terminal, Blood Harvest's farm house level, and No Mercy's hospital level. There is one entirely brand-new level in the DLC called Lighthouse which the designers say may be the toughest level of them all.

Lighthouse is exactly that; a lighthouse atop a seaside cliff. You also get a sense of what you're in for when you realize that you start with a ridiculous amount of stuff at your disposal. There are about a dozen gasoline containers and propane tanks, as well as plenty of Molotov Cocktails and pipe bombs. It's like that age-old first-person shooter tradition of giving you plenty of ammo and health before encountering a major boss. What makes Lighthouse so dangerous is that it's a pretty open level; there aren't a lot of places to hide, and those places are pretty porous once the zombies start knocking holes in walls. Even the lighthouse tower itself is dangerous; while it's scenic and gives you a height advantage, you're exposed to any smoker who can grab you and drag you off the room with its tongue. You're in a dire position if you're on the ground and the rest of your teammates are still in the tower.

Supposed to be out 21st (today). We'll see. :)

Btw, I think Shiny does rather well generally speaking. Her lack of shooter experience shows sometimes, but it's not like we never fuck up things. :roll: Once you've seen Derf blasting half the team to death with the shotty or Pelt missing Dead Air rescue because he "wanted to kill that smoker" you tend to put things in perspective. :P (obviously I'm not going to go into my long list of failures :lol: )

I still maintain that Satis FF'ing is costing us the win. Hehehehe. Not really.

- Coach

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next