It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Stranger

yea thats the tricky thing, the rifle man cant turn and shoot coz it will go through and hit teammates.

luckily the ones that spawn behind are few in numbers and can be easily heard.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:15 pm
Stranger

The all expert achievement is broken, i had 2/4 went back to 1/4 and now its 2/4 again.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:51 am
Stranger

guys forget about setting the tank on fire on no mercy, i have a much better solution. It needs a bit luck and bit of teamwork but it beats the hell out of any other strategy.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am
Stranger

So idea is by all means very simple. Lure the tank to fall of the roof. For this to actually work, if someone aggros the tank the others have to stop shooting it. Now once the lure is hanging off the roof edge, the tank cant stop but to jump off the roof but he will hit you once before falling down.

Now once the tank goes, rescue the survivor quick and get back into the small room, fight the horde and bla bla bla.

Now the second tank has to go off near the helipad. Ive marked a good spot for it on the pic. Now once the tank does go off the roof there is enough time to make it back onto the heli, light a fire, and send smoke signals to people playing on the death toll map :D.

And then just on the copter and bubye to No Mercy hospital. This tactic needs just a little bit of luck and cooperation and its a cakewalk.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:10 am
Minor Diety

I dunno Peltz - are you sure the tank will run over the edge when charging? I think i've seen it happen only once in a campaign that it fell over edge, when a gas can exploded next to it and knocked it back over the ledge. :lol: Seen it in versus too but that's just plain player stupidity.

Me and Derf did Death Toll on expert with two random dudes yesterday btw, since no one else was online. Death Toll is so easy compared to the other campaigns it's bizarre. Apart from a little hitch in the finale (derf got smashed by a tank, I got downed twice when the boat came but another teammate was so kind to help me back up) we did everything in one smooth try. The entire campaign took 1 hour only on expert. :o

Good stuff. We're getting the hang of this. Derf still needs to learn to stay the fuck away from tanks though. :roll: :lol:

- Coach

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:57 am
Stranger

This far ive lured 3 tanks off the rooftop. As long as nobody else aggros the tank, it will go off the roof since it cant hit a survivor hanging on to the edge it will try to circle around but this just causes him to jump off the roof. It will take a little time for him to die but he will die. And he will hit once 100% percent but since you have 300 health at that moment it doesn't kill you.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:32 am
Minor Diety

Yeah that was a good midweek session last night. Went rather smoothly. A couple of VERY good pipe throws throughtout the campaign.

Ox, remember you following me into the room with the Witch? LOL

Hilarious. I only realised she was in there after entering and was kinda surprised to see you storm right in with me.

That kind of stuff happens a fair bit, ie, someone is following you with the trust that youre running into safe areas, but infact you get them in trouble. Happened last weekend with Shiny and me int he finale of No Mercy. She was following me to avoid the tank and i suddenly changed direction 180 degrees, she continued in my original direction probably thinking "why did he turn around?"... then WHAM! the tank is in front of her and pounds her into the tarmac.

To be fair I should call that stuff out on the voice comms. I primarily use the mic for "thanks buddy" or "OH FUCK!!!"

:lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:01 am
Minor Diety

Hahaha yeah that was golden. I come in after you and suddenly I see the witch going PMS - initially on you, but on me as I ran in because I was the closest. :roll: I loved your reaction btw, instead of calling out the witch to me over the mic you just went "ohahaha Ox, why'd you run after me?" :P

But hey, I got you back with that boomer. ;) Run in, see the boomer, turn back outside, Derf going after me and getting boomed on. :P And then meleeing like a loon outside with zombies coming from all sides while utterly blind. And not taking one hit of damage in the process. That was bizarre. :P Usually that's a one-way ticket to an incap, where he was positioned.

- Coach

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:14 am
Minor Diety

No no, i took a shit load of damage, but I was shocked as to how I wasn't incapped.

I think i went into achilles mode and most of my "blind fury" melee's landed. :D

I think achilles mode = melee-ing + sprinning around + walking

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:22 am
Minor Diety

Whereas Derf-mode would be spinning around walking shottying everything in sight? :P :wink:

"Oh shit, I killed Ox and incapped Satis - whoops!"

Sorry man, you'll never hear the end of that. I've yet to see anyone else do that shit in a lot of L4D playtime. :lol: Mental note: when the real zombie apocalypse comes, don't group up with Derf.

To quote Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation: "L4D is like some sort of doomed voyage to see which of your friends is most likely to spazz out under pressure."

- Coach

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:29 am
Minor Diety

lol. aw man. Fuck you bitch, fuck you. :lol:

I've yet to go "Barnes" on anyone. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 am
Stranger

Ok now i have lured off teh roof 5 or 6 tanks. The thing is that if anyone sets the tank on fire or shoots it too much, then tank dies too quick. and its gonna be difficult to get back up. BUT.

Since everyone knows who the decoy is then can be real close when the tank goes over.

Today i had a boomer trying to hit me while i was hanging over the edge and it couldnt hit me, just waving its arm like lunatic. But tanks go over 100%. So its crucial that atleast 1 party member is close by. Infact 1 person should immediatly head for the roof and wait/hide there watch the tank and as it closes in on the edge, the player moves to rescue the decoy.

Or there is the old fashion way where everyone gets incapitated by the tank. I believe that dodging the tank (the normal way) takes more luck than sending it off teh roof.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:59 am
Minor Diety

We'll give it a go next time. Sounds easy enough. You can be the runner though. :P

*is looking forward to derf going Barnes*

- Coach

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:44 am
Stranger

Yea just don't jump over the edge, move slowly over the edge.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 pm
Felix Rex

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 39  Next