It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:15 am
Minor Diety

chelski vs liverpool today.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:16 am
Minor Diety

Well, I was there, asked Peltz, he agreed, then disappeared for 20 minutes so I just played some versus instead. :P Derf was watching footie I presume.

- Coach

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 am
Minor Diety

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:28 am
Stranger

It took me about 5 minutes to eat my orange, 2 minutes to clean up the mess, then i checked your status, still blue (not in game), waited some, refresh, still blue, started watching top gear on tv (the part where they take buses to the track and race around.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:54 am
Minor Diety

I was waiting for you during that time! I asked you "wanna play some L4D?" you said "yeah", to which I said "awesome. I'll put a lobby up then?" and you never replied :) So I figured I'd wait but you never 'came back' (ie replied). Misunderstandings abound. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:03 am
Stranger

hahaha and i was thinking why the f*** doesn't he put up a lobby. Ãœber fail right there :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 pm
Minor Diety

Thanks for the game last night guys. It was surprising for me how well we did it in the end, given that I was so low on morale. I honestly thought it wasnt going to happen.

Is it obvious now that setting the tank on fire in the finale is asking for trouble? The minigun rules.

I think the best thing to do when the tank comes is primarily try to lose it.

- Always keep sight of where it is.
- If you dont know where it is, move away into the open where you can spot it.
- If it's not chasing you, first priority, get your ass to the minigun.
- If you hear the minigun open up, shoot the shit out of the tank. This is the best moment to inflict damage.

Sorry for missing half the game. I forgot I promised to lend someone a hand with some lifting shit.

Your FF stats are crazy Satis :D

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 am
Stranger

Mm actually you should always go for higher ground on Mercy. Tanks climbining animation buys time for everyone. There are plenty of places to climb.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:29 am
Minor Diety

True, only when it's on fire not even that will save you on No Mercy. The bastard is totally insane since the last update. I've whined about this a few times to Shiny, Satis and Derf already but the tank managed to catch up with me on No Mercy (while on fire) on a straight path, without me looking behind or shooting when I had EIGHTY health. :? Completely lame.

It's pretty impossible to outrun it while it's on fire on expert anymore, except perhaps when you've got 100 health. :roll: In finales with larger open areas (basically all three other finales) it's doable because it'll waste time with throwing animations and shit and run against walls and stairs etc. But in cramped areas on expert, weapons always beat fire. I think we're actually getting pretty great at killing it in most situations. It's even possible to kill a tank single-handedly on expert if you've got the room and autoshotty (and don't light it, heh). :)

@ Derf...yeah, good game. Finale got frustrating in the end but once we did the logical things (move to the back of the roof to avoid smoker accidents, no lighting the tank) we did it in one try. It was kinda funny to see Shiny getting pulled down from the helipad when we the heli arrived, I was right behind her and went "you're on your own!" :lol: Satis then went after her and they both made it in after all. To be fair, me and Derf did help in a way by using your pipes to buy you time to get back up, so we weren't total bastards. ;)

lol @ Satis' FF stats. I think he had more incidents of his own than the rest of us combined. :P (but Derf had a bot playing for him a lot of the time and they never FF so that might have skewed stats a bit)

Oh and the what are you trying to prove achievement is definitely broken. After finishing No Mercy again it DROPPED from 2/4 completed to 1/4. :roll: So whatever. I'll just have fun instead.

- Coach

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:39 am
Felix Rex

heh...just for the record, Derf was afk half the game and Shiny's stats got reset when her box locked up. :roll: I also had the most protects of anyone. Ya bastards.

Anyway, it was pretty fun, though the end got annoying. And unfortunately no one actually got credit for it. But whatever. We should do Death Toll next. I think there are a couple people that need it and the finale is the easiest since you can sit on the rock.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh yeah I forgot about Shiny dropping out there. :) Still, I had crazy low FF for me. And yeah, Death Toll is a breeze. Even the panic events are, like the walking bridge in the sewers. With decent positioning you won't even lose 1 HP. :roll:

Pretty sure they'll fix the rock some time soon tho...seems too much of a sploit. We can even get the untouchables achievement if we pay attention to FF. :P

- Coach

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:40 am
Stranger

While you were tackling no mercy, i had a run of dead air (stupid host set the diff to normal and when we reached the finale we understood something was wrong). The finale was still on expert though and by sheer misfortune i forgot to change my hunting rifle for the m16. This however turned out to be a interesting fortune of events. While the rifle has less ammo it can kill two zombies with one bullet. and with the rifle i could hit the zombies way way back before others even saw them. I think dead air is about the only map that actually has a spot for hunting rifle at the finale.

I drew up a little picture to show how we did, Before the first tank we took neglible damage and didnt need to use medkit. The tank set itself on fire but one of the teammates didnt understand the meaning of run, possible because he was german? :D

Whenever a smoker came along i sniped it real quick to help the other keep fire on the herd etc. and 3 of us made it. It didnt count for expert map but i think in the future the hunting rifle is my choice on this map.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:19 am
Minor Diety

Hehehe, nice pic. Don't forget that there are zombies occasionally coming from the left and right too! Those are usually the ones fucking things up.

The hunting rifle definitely has its uses in the finales for picking off smokers. Works well in Death Toll too...and the bullet goes through 5+ zombies everytime, so it's ideal for cleaning cramped hallways.

- Coach

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am
Minor Diety

If they do appear from the immediate right, i think that can be easily countered. You could shout for a shotgun / m16 to come to the right or you could put him there in the first place so youre 2nd from the right.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 39  Next