It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Minor Diety

We had another go Me, Ox, O'Cram (my bro) and a bot.

WE DID IT!!!

:D

Good pings helped. :D

I had another weapon switch incident though :D Zoey died and i had nothing but an Uzi and decided to take her hunting rifle. Ox went ahead and was getting attacked from all sides, and so the first shot i fired out of the gun to protect him was a headshot ... against Ox. Did like 80 damage or something and he hit the floor like a sack of shit. :D

Natually i put it down and picked up the uzi after that :D

However let me point out my final FF count very low. :)

Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 pm
Minor Diety

Hahaha, yeah, Derf had only 7 incidents...compared to O'Cram and me (19 and 18 respectively) that's admirable. :P I was pretty stunned when he shot me tho...I'm fending off zombies, thinking I can take a hit or two before going down with my 80 health. And then "Derf hit Rinox", bang, on the floor. :lol:

The thing with Derf's FF incidents is that they seem so random. I FF all the time but 90% of the time it's when I'm getting myself stuck in sticky situations and get twitchy on the trigger. :roll: Derf, otoh, is the guy who goes "I would have sworn the safety was on" in the saferoom. :wink: hehehe

But yeah, we fucking smoked it!! Our finale in particular was sheer brillance...apart from a glitch zombie incapping Derf during one of the waves (still don't know how it got behind us) we barely took any hits at all. Tanks were lit swiftly and then group-circled around the house and the escape vehicle was boarded in one go without any of us getting pinned or pulled (Zoey Bot was long dead by then, obviously). Man. Adrenaline rush. :D

Checking the "best dedicated server" box instead of "official dedicated" seems to have made a huge difference in pings too. One minor thing is that I didn't get the "What are you trying to prove" achievement, even though I finished all 4 campaigns on expert now. Satis finished 3 of them together with me. Still, the screen says "2/4" when it comes to the achievement. Weird. Ah well...I'm up for any game on any difficulty anyway. If we can get together with Peltz and/or Satis and Shiny this weekend maybe we can do a re-run.

WE 1337 BOY!

L4D is the shizzle

- Coach

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 pm
Felix Rex

Oh, I hate you whores. :P No, congrats, though the bugged out achievements are teh sux0r. I checked my achievements and i'm at 3/4 for the elite one. I guess if/when I finally beat this thing we'll know if I get it. :roll:

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, we'll get you the 4th one this weekend if we can find a half decent server. I think me and Derf pretty much perfected the procedure for the cornfield + finale by now, right Derf? Run to ramp on to tractor roof (pipe optional but very welcome), defend on there with at least two people, then clear the place and shotty all the way in the corner of the barn and lighting the tank coming through one of the two entrances. Rinse and repeat. :)

I was kinda hoping there was a temporary bug with the achievements being logged on steam because I got two belatedly for "The Maw" upon logging in a day after playing (the same day we did Blood Harvest). Fired up L4D just to check the achievements yesterday and still 2/4. Awh. =(

- Coach

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:19 am
Felix Rex

Oh...there was an l4d update that included a fix for getting expert achievements. I figured that would fix you guys. Guess not.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Im away this weekend so have a grande carnage.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 pm
Felix Rex

Maybe they can come out with a patch and turn it into left5dead. :roll:

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not even gonna pretend to lol at that joke Satis. :D

Actually, me and Derf were talking about something similar recently following the overcrowding problem...L4D where you start with like 8-10 survivors and make a stand against the zombies, before (inevitably) turning on each other. It's what would happen in any good zombie movie!! And very likely what would happen if you got 10 people together in L4D with FF on. :roll:

- Coach

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:55 am
Felix Rex

A defense mode would be pretty cool. I remember the original Aliens vs. Predator game. There was this great level where you could either be a predator or human... you spawned at this crash site and had to run down this long canyon with aliens coming out of the woodwork. Eventually you'd get to this valley with a bunker and just have to defend there against infinite numbers of aliens. In single player the game just restarted when you died. With multiplayer I think everyone had a limited number of respawns or something. It was a LOT of fun.

I could totally see that kind of gameplay for lef4dead. Have hordes trigger every 15 seconds or something and you have to fight your way to some sort of mildly-defensible area (like the church). Hell, they could reuse the maps... just fighting your way from the spawn room to the church and then defend there until everyone is inevitably pulled down and killed. :twisted:

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I thought they were introducing "Survival" with the next major update (together with the 2 maps for versus etc), which sounds a lot like what you're talking about satis. Fighting hordes of undead, special zombies and even multiple tanks i've read.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:01 pm
Felix Rex

Oh? I must've missed that. Or forgot it. Blame my alcohol-addled brain. If so, that's awesome. Definitely looking forward to the update then.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Thanks to Ox, Derf and Shiny I managed to beat Blood Harvest and get my 'what are you trying to prove' achievement. :twisted: We then went back to No Mercy thinking it would be easy to beat and did...poorly. Very poorly. The fact I was working on beer #7 and it was 2am for our European friends may have contributed. :roll:

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:11 am
Minor Diety

Yeah, thanks for the game guys. All good fun. Couldn't seem to get No Mercy completed specifically with me and Shiny alive in the end. To be honest I think my mind was getting numb by then (wine, fatigue etc...)

I remember Ox almost syncing out of the armoured car at the end of Harvest. Dont know if you noticed the same from your machine ox? Also, that healing game was pretty funny. You suck at it though
:lol:

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:40 am
Minor Diety

I was just looking for the Limit dude! Healing game is an extreme sport, sometimes there are casualties (that med kit, in this case). :P ;)

And yeah, I noticed I synced out of the APC in 'my' view too. I gotta learn to give it a second when it's open before hopping in, since that seems to be the problem.

No Mercy was...interesting. We just couldn't seem to get by without at least one of us getting pounded by a tank. We seriously need to upgrade our tank running skills when there's no giant farmhouse to circle around. :roll: That includes me btw, not looking at anyone here.

But everybody please keep in mind that when running away from the tank in a straight line/open area, turn around as soon as his "stomping" sound ends (he's either climbing or throwing then) and check for his ranged. You can shoot the concrete out of the air. It's a much better solution than trying to dodge the concrete's laser-guided bizarro aim. On expert, getting hit by a tank ranged almost always means death a few minutes later. So keep it in mind. Oh and don't bother shooting it when it's on fire, unless you're trying to lure it away from someone. Just run.

You know what sucks? I have no idea which of the 4 campaigns I beat on expert without dying. Could be any combination of two. :roll: Pretty sure I died once on Blood Harvest with Derf and O'Cram too so...that's probably one of 'em. :P

L4D ftw man. Seriously. The shootouts in the safe room at the end are what it's all about. :P

- Coach

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 39  Next