It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 am
Felix Rex

Shiny and I can probably make either Saturday or Sunday. If we can come to a decision one way or another that would be good. I also probably won't be able to spend 4 hours doing it. :roll: But who knows, I guess it depends.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, Saturday or Sunday for me too. Around the early afternoon usually, but with Steam it'll be easy to find each other.

- Coach

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:56 am
Felix Rex

I doubt Shiny and I will be able to make it at a decent time for you folks today (Saturday). We're building a raised garden. :roll: So anyway, I'll be sweating and cussing for the next few hours most likely.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll be giving our newborn here a bath, and after that i'm going to bed. We're a bit tired.

If shiny wants to fly over and babysit ... :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:17 pm
Minor Diety

That explains why i've been checking steam on and off all day and not seeing anyone :roll: Anyway, can't blame you for putting real-life priorities first...especially in J's case. I haven't had a quiet day for an entire week and a drunk 6 AM romp in between (with a weird kiss moment that I only vaguely remember...bad. And yes, it was a girl :P ).

Next time I'm sure. Oh and I just got kicked for no apparent reason during a versus game. Apparently my team decided I suck...which I'm pretty sure I don't. Fuckers.

- Coach

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:56 pm
Stranger

Its my birthday, so ive been a bit busy, it ticked 026 on the age-o-meter.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:58 pm
Felix Rex

Anyway, we're done with the garden for now... Next week will pick up another 25 bags of dirt or so and be fully done, but for now my body hurts too much.

We should be available tomorrow for some l4d'ing. :)

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:48 am
Minor Diety

Sorry guys, I missed Sunday...I was out in brussels meeting a Puerto Rican friend of mine.

Did you get any playing in? Stories? ;)

- Coach

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 am
Felix Rex

no, we didn't end up playing.... at least Shiny and I didn't. Our weekend was pretty damned busy anyway.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Quote:
Versus Mode Changes

Tank melee attack can now hit multiple Survivors in one swing

Fixed Tank punch being able to hit targets behind walls

Fixes to 'Tank parking'. The Tank will now run back and attack the Survivors if he becomes AI due to two players expiring the frustration meter

Fixed a case where a Tank frustration meter could run out right as he was in his death animation and he would come back to life

Fixed a case where the Tank was moving too slowly while crouching and being shot

Tanks now have the possibility of spawning in a slightly different position for the first and second teams

The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined by which team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as Survivors first

The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through common infected

Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target

The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her

Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors directly below them with Bile

Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims

Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to avoid 5 seconds of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.

Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated properly. It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the end of the round or heal other players and then shoot them

Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected and hit +use to take them over

Server Changes

Added convar sv_gametype that allows server operators to limit the types of games that will start on their server. Default value is 'coop,versus'. Can be changed to just 'coop' or just 'versus' to limit to those game types

General changes

Fixed a case where players would join as a dead Survivor when a living Survivor was still available

Fixed a case where restarting a level due to the team dying would give more than the max primary ammo on restart

Fixed the speaking icon showing up on the local player during level transition if voice_vox was set to 1

The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping

GameUI

Quick match will now try to match to any campaign. Removed the preference to match to games according to the player progressing through all campaigns

Games in a finale are now joinable via the Friends and Steam Group games lis

- Coach

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:21 pm
Minor Diety

Me, Satis and Shiny and some random dude (and then later on Derf) did Blood Harvest on expert but choked on the final level. Like, 10 times. :/

It's not so much that we can't do the finale as such, but we usually get ass-raped way before that by an early tank or the panic event in the cornfield with the tractor. It's so damn hard. The fact that we barely had any fire or molotovs didn't help...hauling those jerrycans around isn't always ideal in the forest areas with zombies running at you screaming from behind every brush. :(

I'm gonna look for some tips on the finale. I apologize for all the FF and crappy rambo incidents btw, wasn't my day. :P But at least I got a nice pic out of it...I'll post it when I get home.

- Coach

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:37 am
Felix Rex

Anyway...I was thinking... maybe we should make our stand from the event in the cornfield at the cliff. We got a surprise hoard there and had no real problems owning it. Since the zombies coming off the cliff jump off their end up in front of us... everyone sitting in a corner and shooting/meleeing should work, I think.

Anyway, it's worth a shot. Beating the actual finale is just a matter of timing and luck. Oh, and next time we should all pick up molotovs in the previous level. :roll:

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Anyway...I was thinking... maybe we should make our stand from the event in the cornfield at the cliff. We got a surprise hoard there and had no real problems owning it. Since the zombies coming off the cliff jump off their end up in front of us... everyone sitting in a corner and shooting/meleeing should work, I think.

I thought about the same thing. I actually had it happen semi-accidentally with 3 bots after you guys left, and it did look much more manageable if huddled together. I think I even survived it with the bots, who weren't exactly doing the smartest things all the time (but they never FF, which makes a huge difference on expert like when playing with me :roll: ). The first few seconds they only come from the front (tractor's direction) and then they start pouring from the cliff. Definitely something to try next time.

The only HUGE difficulty in expert are the regular infected and their crazy-ass melee damage anyway. If we can take away roughly 40% of that by all putting our backs against a wall it'll be a world of difference. Normally speaking hunters, smokers and even boomers aren't much more of a threat on expert than on advanced. Even the tank is doable, even if it kills you in three hits once you're down.

- Coach

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next