It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Stranger

Edit: A giant undead ball.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:54 am
Minor Diety

That's awesome. I didn't know that either. :)

Found a few other clips related to L4D

Tank powah

This is pretty well-made (if a little long) and really highlights the amazing game design and how the scribbles on the walls etc. add something...tragic to the game. Zombie apocalypse ftw. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkSJ-KXHGG4

And Francis' endless list of things he 'hates' put to music. Gotta love Francis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc9f-VVQ ... re=related

- Coach

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:51 am
Felix Rex

Good game today guys. Derf, J, Ox and I tried to do Dead Air today on expert. Didn't do so well, I'm afraid, but it was good fun anyway. Did some serious pwnage at times. I think you guys just started following asleep toward the end. :roll: Maybe we can try again tomorrow. I'm sure we can make it.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah thanks for the game guys. Really hilarious as usual.

That was some hardcore pwnage you were putting down on your own at one point satis.

Near the end i was kind of feeling tired. I was noticing more often that i was doing stupid things, like walking 1 or 2 feet too far behind / in-front and thus making it too hard to get to "alamo" type areas when a zombie rush occurred.

As usual, aplogies for any stupidities i may have caused ... like blue-on-blue or triggering shit.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:07 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah we weren't very coordinated towards the end, running into line of fire and shit or seperating from the group etc. - including me. :P We've certainly done better.

Some rather pro moments again though, like Satis going pretty much solo for 5 minutes (killing two hunters, a smoker, boomer and a crapload of zombies in the process) and saving our collective asses. :) Wish I'd frapsed that. Maybe next time. :P

I also liked the stand in the conference room at the airport (after some horrendous FF incidents :roll: ). Basically me and Satis just held the room on our own with ease. He was on the floor after getting a bullet from me tho, IIRC.

And a couple of moment where you realize just how good we sometimes are...like when we hear the 'horde' cue and dive into an office room, smack the door into the first zombie's face and pretty much cruise through the horde by shooting them bastards through the hole in the door. :) Or the strategic use of pipes, or how we barely ever get wiped by a tank anymore. So yeah, our attention might not always be a 100% but the motions are becoming nearly automatic.

Besides, I rate Dead Air as the hardest campaign. The most fun, too, but hard.

I'd love to try again tonight but I've got a family thing going on and I have no idea just how long it'll last. I hope to be back by 20h (GMT+1) but I honestly can't say. :( Crap ass busy weekends. If I didn't have to be in brussels yesterday morning I wouldn't have been so lousy yesterday either. :?

- Coach

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:51 am
Felix Rex

Derf, J, Shiny and I did a game of Dead Air on advanced. I think we did fairly well and it's good practice. Hopefully we can figure out Shiny's damned network issues... I swear, if it's not one thing with her box it's another. :roll:

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Derf, J, Shiny and I did a game of Dead Air on advanced. I think we did fairly well and it's good practice. Hopefully we can figure out Shiny's damned network issues... I swear, if it's not one thing with her box it's another. :roll:

From Urbandictionary:
Quote:
5. box

a woman's genitalia; snatch; cum recepticle

(the origin of this word comes from the enclosed nature of a woman's genitalia, much like that of a UPS box

:roll:

(Dutch slang for a vagina is "doos" = "box", too)

- Coach

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:14 pm
Minor Diety

Btw Satis and Shiny, I just thought of something: apparently characters don't respawn anymore once you call the rescue vehicle, right? And there was a very short time period between killing a character and them respawning in a nearby 'closet'.

So...if we coordinated and had someone shoot Francis, while almost simultaneously hitting the rescue signal radio, we probably could have made him stay dead. :roll:

[for those who weren't there - we were trying to get the "untouchables" achievement but Francis kept respawning and taking damage or getting killed. And when we killed him beforehand he'd almost instarespawn i a closet :? ]

No matter tho - we'll do it easily with humans next time. We also need to run a campaign on easy with 4 humans for the "nothing special" and "stomach upset" achievements. :) Should be a cakewalk.

After we finish all 4 campaigns of expert, that is. ;) I'll play some dead air in the week to get a feeling for the map. I suggest we all do the same if we have the chance. We don't have to know it as well as No Mercy, but it'd help to make some parts of the campaign easier.

- Coach

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 am
Count

cute cartoon. I had fun playing with y'all this weekend. I had for the record been saying I thought I had an old Cat-5 cable. Instead I got a new video card, and mroe RAM. So far the new cable has worked. We shall see. Although in fairness, my lag issues were helped by the other two hardware pieces. The disconnect thing hopefully will be solved now. Otherwise, the only way I will play is when I am way to drunk to know it is having the issues which would not be good for anything other than no mercy on easy with friendly fire.

OK so... anybody know why this happens? We have a friends only game and then while we are logging in we get a random person we do not know to join the group? And let me tell you we got a awful little rat this weekend. We actually voted him out which I think is rude, but... he friendly fired us to shit many many times. I got so frustrated I actually started (with not a sing zombie around) just shotting the hell out of him. Childish I know but it was serious frustration at that point. So is this a server thing maybe? or a glitch?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:12 pm
Minor Diety

I think it's a glitch. I've seen weirder things in L4D matchmaking and server hosting, so don't worry about it. :) Things like starting a campaign game and ending up in a versus game, or an entire map spawning without common infected. Ah well. The game is so much fun that I can forgive it...I blame it all on the consolefied server browser anyway. :P

I hope your technical problems have been sorted out Shiny, even if just for one good expert run. ;) How much does it take to get you drunk-ish btw? Is it two glasses of wine like with most women, or do you hit the heavier stuff?

Anyway, me, Derf and J did Dead Air on advanced yesterday with Louis botting along. Totally fun. :) Got a good feel for the map too.

Of course, I failed at cr0wning the witch AGAIN and got raped. Derf didn't get incapped for an entire campaign tho! The ending was hilarious...we sacrificed Louis (duh) and as the plane cargo hold opened, me and Derf got in but J got a bit distracted by a smoker and was swarmed by infected. We tried to save him still but a freaking tank ran into the cargo hold and started crushing my ass with nowhere to run. :roll: It's a good thing J died quickly enough, because otherwise we might not have escaped. If 'escaped' is what you might call flying out with two survivors and an enraged tank aboard. :lol:

- Coach

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 am
Felix Rex

haha...looking forward to another run this coming weekend. Shiny still needs her first expert run. :roll: And I'm getting really close to zombie genocidest.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Where do you see the actual numbers on the achievements? I know you can somewhere, but I forgot where...I thought it was the steam web logon but I tried that and nope.

Oh, probably just in the game itself, right? I'm such a dumbass. :P Don't think I'll be far from it either.

Typically, you'll kill about 1.750 infected in expert per campaign. So 1750/4= about 500 infected per player per campaign. So about 100 campaigns should do the trick. :P

- Coach

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am
Felix Rex

Yea, it's inside the game. Under the main menu, under achievements. I need about 1000 more undead to unlock it. That just leaves some of the tougher achievements, like all4dead. Maybe I can get 4 of you play versus with me and just stand still while I clobber you. :-D

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Sounds like a plan. :P 'Nothing special' sounds way harder tho, since you don't need to actually kill all 4 survivors as a tank for 'all 4 dead', incapping them is enough. I would have sworn I pretty much did that once in a versus game, but on second thought I think one survived. Meh.

- Coach

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 39  Next