It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next
Left 4 Dead 
Felix Rex

No, the reason was because I didn't want you getting pneumonia again.

Anyway, like I've said many times before, just get all your personal docs and put them in one place. We'll copy them across the network (which is running at gigabit speeds now, thanks to you) and reinstall your pc. Getting a basic functioning system should only take an hour or two. Hell, I can do it while you're still at work.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Have I mentioned times that you rock :) Just when I think it is annoyances you prove you are a softie :lol:

And I can do that - when I am not high as hell on medications - hehe I would forget the most important parts right now.

But I am seriously needing some L4D time and soon - I have not had this much fun in a game in a long time.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:53 pm
Felix Rex

l4d update yesterday. Looks like they fixed the gatling gun physics exploit I just learned about. :roll: Figures.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, I knew about that for a while, but apart from some minor situations I never really saw much of a point to it. It just looked plain silly too. :P

What frankly interests me more are the other tweaks. For one, Smokers get a massive upgrade (and imho, rightfully so).

Quote:
Smoker

- Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance.
- Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break.
- Survivor’s cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging
- Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer.
- Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time.
- Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit
- Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts.
- Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors.

Other changes: hunters' pounce does more damage and is harder to defend by meleeing. Tanks and witches appear in equal measure in versus for both maps (finally), AND they 'spawn at the same % through the map for both teams.' Which is a little worrying really: the team playing second will have a serious advantage.

Also, the tank now will see objects it can hit in red and is more resistant to the autoshotgun. Oh and...'Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route.' :twisted:

- Coach

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:13 am
Felix Rex

heh, yea, I read through all those yesterday. I played some versus... there are other enhancements too. As infected, you see your homies on your HUD at the bottom of the screen... it shows their current form or whether they're dead, and if they're dead it shows their respawn countdown. Much easier to coordinate attacks now. Which is great... it could be really frustrating being an infected trying to take out a decent group of survivors. I played against one group of decent survivors...though they made it to the end, we put some pain on them.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I played it too now and yeah, the new HUD is so practical and simple that it's actually pretty perplexing they didn't implement it from the start. I found myself waiting for a boomer to strike more often so I could start tearing apart the only non-blinded survivor before the ones who got barfed on could figure out what happened, and shit like that. :)

The improvements on smokers are minute but noticeable. Much easier to pull a survivor out of a clost or other defendable position. The tongue seems to 'reroll' faster too. They're not as useless anymore now...before, most they were ever good for was pulling survivors off rooftops and into fires and shit. Now they can stand their own in most areas but close combat.

Been a while since we played together btw. I occasionally meet cool peeps on versus but still cooler with you guys. I'll coordinate something for next weekend if I can. :)

- Coach

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:27 am
Felix Rex

Yea, that'd be cool. This weekend we were busy. :( And we spent some time debugging Shiny's computer to figure out why it would freeze from time to time. It looks like it may have been a memory problem. Hopefully we'll have the replacement memory in this week.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Count

Yea- I could have paid more money for faster shipping, but I just love the idea of getting things for free so... I did the slower free shipping for my new memory. On a positive note I got a good price for my memory upgrade :) And will have more memory then Satis now... so... my box will now be a "little" bit better I think. (We swapped Graphics cards - they are basically the same but his had a pretty picture on it so I kept his over my newer one).

I am seriously starting to feind for some L4D time. The only games I have played recently is Wii sports and Lego Batman. /pout

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:00 am
Minor Diety

I'd make some sort of wanton macho remark about wii sports being girly but well, you're a girl. :roll: ;)

Let's take Saturday for provisional date and time? Afternoon for us euros, morning for you yanks? Doesn't matter if things start a little later really tho.

One problem: we're having digital TV installed at our place on Friday. It goes over the phone line and we might lose support for LAN cables, so it's possible that my main box (L4D box) will be cut off from the intarwebz...my laptop has a built-in wifi but my desktop doesn't. Let's hope not. I'm down with some serious l4d fun. :)

- Coach

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:10 am
Stranger

If you dont mind spending some €$£, there are usb wlan cards available. Should cost around 25-30$.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 am
Count

This should not be an issue, although we will be out LATE on Friday. Satis and I are taking a class on Friday evenings that can go until 11:00PM. Then, after that we have a friend celebrating her birthday, so.... we will have to go out to a bar/club with her. But. I am sure that will be about all we will do on Saturday because of it.

Lets hope that I get my ram by then. Satis already took his video card back :( So, I may actually have an issue with it too. Only now it is too late to take it back to the store and I would have to deal with the manufacturer. /pout

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:00 am
Minor Diety

No worries, if you can't make it you can't make it. :) There's a good chance I won't be there re: the intarwebz anyway. Peltz, yeah, but I'm a little squeamish to spend cash atm, seeing as I 'had' to loan my middle brother 2000€ for the first downpayment of his new apartment. 'Had' as in, I was pretty much the only person left he could ask.

I guess my sense of family supercedes my hate of loaning people money (at least amounts like that). :?

- Coach

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 am
Felix Rex

ugh...I refuse to loan people money. There's no way I'd loan someone that much. It sits bad with me. If people can't afford something, they either need to save up, get a credit card or do without. But I'm an asshole.

Anyway, I'd love to play some l4d. Unfortunately, now my computer is having hitching problems like Shiny's is/was. Even with all my original hardware back in place. A bit frustrating, i'm afraid.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Count

Yea - my bad :cry: As for loaning money. Never a good idea with family, or rather anyone really. But, with that said I would probably do it. I would realize I would probably never get the cash back, and it'd piss me off every time I thought about it.

On that note though, my brother is actually more responsible than I am with money. So, I have no worries there. Truthfully the only issue I would have is if my mom's husband dies before her. My mom spends money like a drunken sailor, so she would go through all of the remaining money of bullshit with value, then come to me looking for help. So, if my mom does outlive her husband - which is a good chance since he is a bit older than her - she really needs to go not that long after or get remarried quick. Problem is, my mom is a bit of a bitch (I can say that Satis can't) so that is not likely. Plus honestly, my mom is not that bright. I dunno if it was the motorcycle accident she had when I was young (without a helmet) or if she was always dumb. :oops:

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 am
Minor Diety

I'm not going to make any multiplayer L4D-action tonight.

Just noticed Shiny and Satis playing, but i'm down with a cold/flu so i'm irl more of a zombie than a survivor atm. :(

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next