It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Oblivion - Freeman 
Minor Diety

The fauna and flora are completely different (it's set in, erh, Morrowind, the province that is home to the dark elves), and the culture is very particular and xenophobic. If you choose a different race than a dark elf they will constantly look down upon you. They refer to you as 'Outlander' on pretty much every occasion.

They have a legal murderers guild, which operates under strict guidelines. The DB is not tolerated in Morrowind, they look at them as if they are beasts with no class or morals.

And there is the blight, the sand/ash storms Peltz mentioned. They make every adventure into the open an adventure in Morrowind.

Oh and Morrowind has levitation spells, mark/recall teleport spells, and a richer skillset (primary, major, minor). And the politics are intruiging. :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:09 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Sounds very interesting, the dunmer intrigue me but I haven't played as one (Yet!)...

Ordered from Amazon :D

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:48 am
Felix Rex

yewa, it really is that different. Playing Oblivion is like playing a game...a good game, sure, but it's still a game. Morrowind felt like more than that. It's the atmosphere and presentation.... after running around in the starting area for a bit you suddenly realize how huge and dangerous the world really is.

Morrowind has its own leveling problems, though... no autolevelling, but once you get to a certain level it's too easy.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

This video is a good indication of what to expect in Morrowind...and that music is still WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN-YuVUw2VE

And for those who wonder what daggerfall looked like :)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MY0ihuJZc

And a gameplay vid of a DB quest...see how the character travels to a town, rests in the local inn, seeks out the victim and whacks him. :) Pay attention to the glorious MIDI soundtrack, especially in the inn. Ta-ta-ta-ta-ti-ti-ti-ti...

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=l2xa2r-0b ... re=related

memories....

P.S. one of the reasons why I felt the King of Worms in Oblivion isn't the "real" KoW...apart from him being pathetic of course. One of the different endings of Daggerfall:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4eisphnhri0

- Coach

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 am
Emperor

Let me know once you're past the biggest Oblivion rush. Satis and BJ are still getting started with their reruns...and shame on the latter for never playing Morrowind!

How about... today? The party in Oblivion is so over. It all gets about building up the attributes and looting the places as much as possible. I mean... I got bored, and long ago. I play it just to make a good shot there and there.

Eh? :twisted: Ready for the bloody challenge?

I'd have to find that CD with Morrowind through.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

awwww why did you have to post the Morrowind trailer... *loves that music* I always get it so stuck in my head... I may just have to join you guys in Morrowind, since I still never finished it yet. I get WAY too distracted in Morrowind though... but I love it. So much better than Obliv. Won't be for a couple weeks til I can join you though, waaaaay too much to do atm

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

*loves that music* I always get it so stuck in my head...

Hah, just the same. Sometimes was literally humming it for hours while playing Oblivion. :twisted: Don't worry about neighborhood, I've got a good voice.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

The only thing I'd now go back to Oblivion is making nice screenshots. Consider it settled for me.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Btw, I have to notice that the sizes of Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil you can see in maps on web do not correspond to the ingame sizes of these two regions.

If I am right on that one, that's just yet another sucky thing. They should rescale it.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Where's logic here? Everything is covered by clouds and it rains. Where does light come from?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A magical underwater city? Those dastardly Argonians!!

- Coach

Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:19 am
Felix Rex

I vote for intelligent glowing algae that aligns itself down your vision just to screw with you and make it look like a reflection.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

You guys ain't scratching Bethesda's ass, are ya? :P There's lots of itchy shit in there, as it seems. :wink: And do you know what is the best part? They don't provide free soap.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
I love the death positions where they are on there backs with the legs bent over touching the flor! wierd shit

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next