It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Oblivion Evaluation 
Felix Rex

I think it would've been cooler to just lock the level of creatures to the area you're in. ie, when you're a nub, you better stick in the countryside around the capital (but stay out of ruins!) or you'll get ganked. The further out you venture, the tougher your opponents get. And bandits should have a degree of sense... if you're level 30 running around in ebon armor, little level 10 bandits should just run away or play innocent.

Anyway, it was a learning experience for them, I'm sure. It's kinda neat since you can't trivialize encounters by just leveling like mad, but it kinda takes alot of the fun out of the game. If I get my ass beat, I like to gain a few levels and then respond in kind.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I agree, a partial levelling would be much better, and much more realistic.

Take Baldur's Gate, at lvl 1 you'd run if you see an ogre, basically you'd run for anything unless it's a lousy kobolt. And later in the game you really feel much more powerfull.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:00 am
Minor Diety

In a recent interview about Fallout one of the Bethesda people admitted that the enemy levelling of Oblivion didn't quite work out the way they had in mind, and that they would get rid of that for Fallout (except for a few random encounters). :)

- Coach

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:41 am
Minor Diety

I've found a bunch of free time with little money, so i've started playing this again with Shimmering Isles.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:48 pm
Minor Diety

I still need to finish up, lost interest because it gets kinda repetitive after a while if you're doing some dungeons. Should catch up with the main quest and play through someday.

Btw i've never contracted a disease in the game so far, as a wood elf i have high resistance to it though.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:49 am
Minor Diety

I hate you. I had loads of diseases within a few hours of playing! My poor char still constantly gets them...

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, diseases are a bitch which I encountered in MW. Now i just avoid zombies and rats in close combat completely.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:01 pm
Felix Rex

I always took some restoration.... when I got enough to cast cure disease spells it was always a major accomplishment.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Jeez, 6/10 seems harsh with all the mods out now... Perhaps i'll rerate it based on my award-winning cast-diamond 5-star system...

3/5 without mods.

MAYBE 4/5 with mods.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2