It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Wintersday '06 and Upcoming new features 
Minor Diety

Post Wintersday '06 and Upcoming new features
http://www.guildwars.com/press/releases ... -12-13.php
Quote:

Wintersday 2006 — Special in-game events have become fan favorites the world over, and during this holiday season Guild Wars players will be in for another Wintersday Festival! During this event, players will find favorite outposts dressed to the nines with holiday décor, as they are invited to complete holiday-themed quests, participate in PvP snowball fights, and receive unique holiday rewards such as Winter Gifts, a Snowman Summoner, Eggnog, and Candy Canes. Wintersday 2006 will take place in-game December 20, 2006 through January 1, 2007. Visit www.guildwars.com for more event details.

Party Search — A brand new Party Search panel will be added to Guild Wars this December, which will allow players to more easily form groups. Casual and hard-core gamers alike will benefit from this new system, as it will make it easier for players to form parties for some of the tougher quests and missions in the game, find the last cog needed for a fearsome group that can tear through the PvP arenas, or just connect with old friends online to go explore the diverse Guild Wars world.

Reconnect After Disconnect — One of the most player-requested features comes to Guild Wars! If a player gets dropped from the game due to a connection problem, and that player can reconnect within ten minutes, the player's character will be relocated to the spot of disconnection. If the character was performing an action, such as casting a spell or auto-attacking a target, that character will complete the action as if still connected. If a player is in a group when disconnected, the other members of the party will be notified about the player's connection problems.

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well I'm waiting for my new set of hats... 4 to collect this year dammit, but its been made a bit easier. 1 from Dwayna (even numbered districts, as decided by the players) in both LA and Kamadan, and 1 from Grenth (odd numbered) in both LA and Kamadan, and luckily it starts 15 mins later in Kamadan so I can hop over there after LA! Hooray!

You'll all be jealous of me dammit! Happy Wintersday!

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

haha...sorry to be a bastard, but I've finally burned out on GW. :) Collect some hat screenies for us!

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I will do! I'm burned out on it too, but I always have time for a new GW hat... hehe

edit: got the hats! woo! Updated graphics on the Antlers and Yule Cap from last year. Yule cap + 'Freezie' Crown are from Dwayna, the Antlers and Jester Hat are from Grenth. Plus I picked up 9 Rainbow Candy Canes (very rare, give 15% morale boost when used in PvE but no skill recharge) and a few Wintergreen Candy Canes (like last years Peppermint Candy Canes but only remove 15% dp instead of it all) plus an assortment of the usual collectables. I have pics of the fireworks, presents and carnage after the events too but I'm too lazy to bother editing them right now :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think I missed the entire event :( I was too busy doing this and that and oplaying MTW2!! *awaits Pevil's slap* Thanks for the pic and the info tho pev, lookin' good. Those antlers simply make a girl irresistable. ;)

I'm not burned out on GW just yet, just not playing too much because some people *cough* are never on anymore and playing by myself is fun, but not always rewarding. :)

- Coach

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:26 am
Minor Diety

Hey I'm on it now! hehe

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]