It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2024 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What did you get for christmas? 
Count

I don't make resolutions - I am lazy and they depress me and I live for today damnit - ha!

Anyway - I feel your pain Ox - but even a goddess such as myself had to take a job with less pay and position than intended. Hold out while you can - hopefully you will get where ya want.... if not you could always sell your body hehehe

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 am
Felix Rex

I bet science would be willing to buy his body. :)

Anyway, good luck with all that, Oxy. HTML is easy. :) In fact, there's a basic primer on my website, I think.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Now you mention it, I should probably go and check that out...I got the forum bookmarked directly so I don't stop by there too often. ;) I'll let you know if it makes sense or not, hehehe.

- Coach

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:31 am
Felix Rex

lol...if you have any questions, feel free to post in the code or technical forums. There're plenty of us that are fluent in HTML.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Will do. It'll probably be a while before I start though, because I need funds to buy a good book or something on the subject...probably not necessary, but meh. Waste of money or useful?

- Coach

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:13 pm
Felix Rex

total waste of money. I taught myself the basics of HTML in about a weak...while at work... and with no programming experience.

In fact, HTML isn't programming. It's markup...programming implies there's like decision making abilities, which there aren't in HTML. You just put "code" around stuff to make it render different...like bolding something or putting it into a table or whatever. It's actually extraordinarily simple.

I'd recommend you check out online tutorials, even if you don't read mine. :/ Seriously...it's easy.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

total waste of money. I taught myself the basics of HTML in about a weak...while at work... and with no programming experience.

How long did you do over the basics of spelling? :twisted: hehehe, I'm just kidding, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll lay off the books then...maybe I'll buy a C++ one and become a wizard/playa!! (not really :P )

- Coach

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:34 pm
Minor Diety

yeah just search around on the web ox, html is very easy as its not too strict. I learnt it back in '99 from a random fansite that had a mini-guide (which is still around if you ever want the link). Then once you know that you can move to xHTML (slightly stricter but virtually the same and better) and/or even PHP, its not hard at all once you figure the basics out.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So, you're saying that given some time and dedication I'd become a master programmer in no time? Sexy! ;)

- Coach

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:31 pm
Minor Diety

well... maybe not master... that would indicate some degree of intelligence... but i'm sure you can reach web-monkey level ;)

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hehe...html guru. What a contradiction in terms.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Count

Kinda off topic but oh well what else am I known for.... update on my cute puppy dag Will. It turns out he probably does not need the surgery - now he either has cancer - slim chance or maybe just tore a muscle - which would heal on it's own without the very expensive surgery. Yay! He really does seem to be doing better - although far from normal.

I'll let y'all know if he is OK or not - he is about the only thing on my mind lately.

XOXO - love y'all.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 am
Minor Diety

Let's hope it turns out okay then, i'm sure that would be a major relief if it only is that torn muscle.

And it nicely fits in Satis' plans to become a millionaire. :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:31 am
Count

Blood test results back and Will has an enzyme that is elevated which is common with torn muscles. So... He should get better on his own - but could take a few months. In case any of y'all are biology buffs - it is CPK (the enzyme).

So.... Satis may be a millionaire yet! unless I spend it all :)

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:24 pm
Felix Rex

Shiny doesn't spend my money, she just shames me into me spending my money on her.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next