MTV hijacked by teenagers 
Minor Diety

Makes me thinks of some Dresden Dolls lyrics

Quote:
and sappy songs about sex and cheating
bland accounts of two lovers meeting
make me want to give mankind a beating

:)

They're one of those bands that don't fit the mainstream. Arty, but awesome. Their line-up is a singer/pianist and a drummer, that's it.

- Coach

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:13 am
Minor Diety

And yea, what's up with punk? I mean...it used to be about anarchy and violence and sex and drugs. Now it's about... whining? All these "punk" bands just whine about everything. Now, the Sex Pistols were punk. Hell, Billy Idol was a punk god compared to the trash we've got coming out now.

Long live Billy Idol!

That's Emo not punk. I don't care how much they tell me it's punk, it's emo :P Unless it's good, then I don't care what the fuck it is.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

they're all a bunch of little cash starved sell out label whores, imo.

Death metal FTW! It's so unpopular that selling out will make you less money. :p

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, do they even make death metal anymore? :P I think these days every band names its music differently. Epic speedmetalpunk or trashcoremetal or whatever...

I bet Satis frequented goth parties. :twisted: The ones with Gary Numan-esque electrogoth and shit. Hehehe.

Anyway, if there's anything in the actual 'mainstream' that could be called punk it's Green Day...they're ugly and make political statements, don't whine about how their dad doesn't listen to them or won't buy them a new playstation :P They're ok.

- Coach

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 pm
Felix Rex

hah...goth parties my ass. I did alot of moshing when I was younger... still would if the US were better about smaller bands and mosh pits and shit. :/ When I lived in Germany, every band had mosh pits (well, every band I saw) and there was no segregation based on ticket price. Here you have to pay extra (alot extra) to be in the pit... wtf kinda shit is that?

err...anyway....Shiny's gothier than me, and she's not very goth. Except for that one band she likes. :roll:

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Count

I AM NOT GOTH!!!!! I am so damn tired of that it is not even funny. I can not help that I like Black and it looks good on me. I can not help I like shiny things or that I like soft fabrics which include some velvets and such. People suck! An yah yah I like Type-O Negative - fuck you Satis lest I start telling people some of the music you like. At any rate I am not goth - I dig black, red and such. Hell my bedroom is very gothic styled, but I am not goth - especially those wanabe pansies who are so sad because their lives are crap because moomy didn't love me enough crap. I had a shitty childhood - do I blame my parents - No I just changed my life to be who it is I want to be.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:37 pm
Felix Rex

I'm not gothic, I'm just borderline satanic. Don't hate me cuz I'm sexy.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'd love to hear some of Satis' guilty musical pleasures Shiny, please indulge me. :) Is he the proud owner of all Backstreet Boys bootlegs?

Who comes up with the names of those boy bands anyway? I mean, would you call a bunch of effiminate male singers that do little choreographed dances and sing about puppy love the 'backstreet boys'? If the target audience is teenage girls? :roll:

- Coach

Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:32 pm
Felix Rex

They're certainly not the "Front Street Men". I dunno, that's a good question.

Thankfully, my guilty pleasures don't embrace boy bands. I'm not really sure what Shiny is calling a guilty pleasure, though. S'okay. We all know I'm sexy.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2