MTV hijacked by teenagers 

MTV or BSTV?
No way dude, i love MTV. Teen Power! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Crush and burn this hijacked pile of shit! 100%  100%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 5

MTV hijacked by teenagers 
Minor Diety

Post MTV hijacked by teenagers
My god, MTV has sunk to a new low. I just saw some bullshit rude-puppet sketch and almost cried in sorrow of the lost good ol days when they actually played music on that channel. It's become a turd on my channel-flicking cycle.

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:48 pm
Felix Rex

imo, Mtv has been shit for a long time now. Ever since they started doing reality tv bs like real world. Music! I want Music on my Music Television! They should change the name to be more reflective of their programming. Like...

Fadish Childish Reality Crap Television

FCRCtv

Has a nice ring to it.

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I dislike MTV on the whole, but I like some stuff on it. They recently showed 'Trailer Park Boys' over here and I must say that I really liked it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_Park_Boys

Other than that I like their night programming, with lots of relatively obscure music. There's some good shit between those vids.

But during the day, god no. There's only so many times I can see 'Chingy' and other goddamn awful rappers make money with the most ridiculous songs in the universe. 'I like it how you shake it right thur' etc. Yes, that's the chorus. :?

- Coach

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:53 pm
Felix Rex

I like some of the "rap slang". It's hilarious how some of the big rappers out there totally mangle english. And I'm not talking grammar, I'm just talking pronunciation.

Fangas? What is a fanga? Oh...FINGER. Wtf!?

or how about airbody. Airbody? Everybody? How the hell is every pronounced air?

Anyway.... :p

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehehe...I don't mind the slang as much as long as the lyrics make SOME sense, but I can't say the two often go together (extreme slang and making sense).

You can say a lot of shitty things about someone like Eminem (and I do), but at least you can understand wtf he's saying in most of his songs and his subjects are a bit more varied (traumas, family life, politics, picking on the moral majority and celebs like Jackson). It's a change from hoes, being gangsta, making G's and the hood. Even though lately his stuff has been going downhill rapidly too.

'the way you shake it/I just can't believe it/I have never seen an ass like that'. U-hu. :roll: Out of inspiration i guess.

- Coach

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:10 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, and what the fuck is with all that "I gotta axe myself...Axe me a question" A-S-K! Ask you dipshit rappers!

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:14 pm
Felix Rex

heh...that's not just rappers. I hear that on a semi-daily basis. Anyway, down with crappy culture. People may talk trash about death metal, but most of it is political, the lyrics are in actualy english (though growled, so maybe incomprehensible to many) and the drums/guitar takes some talent. Some rap is really good...most of it (especially the popular stuff) is total shit.

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The only good thing to come out of MTV was MTV 2 which played Green Day once, when I was probably... somewhere between 12 and 16 and that's when I got to like punk music.

I then switched to Kerang.

I then stopped watching Kerang once I found them playing rap music like Eminiem and shit.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

To be fair, Eminem is/was much more true to the spirit of punk than most bands these days that call themselves punk and get airtime on 'punk channels'. The philosophy I mean.

What strikes me the most about many of the young punk bands of today is that they're all pretty-boys; or at the very least that the singer is.

If you look at the Sex Pistols and their contemporaries, they were UGLY fuckers. Or even post-punk like the pixies, Black Francis was (and is) an overweight balding bastard.

I often wonder what these 20-yr old teen millionaires with the face of a gay angel have to complain about. Probably grew up in the suburbs too.

- Coach

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:28 am
Minor Diety

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:27 am
Minor Diety

mtv was always rubbish (only ever known it for the 3 years i've known mole though :P)

its gonna go through super-shit phases; its basically aimed at the 'young adults' of the time. Right now, thats chaves (and the american version) who like hip hop and rap, plus 'pimpin my ride' or checking out peoples 'cribs'.

And i really hate classing music anyway. It's like... rock is rock. However its also technically pop if its the biggest thing atm. And like the punk comment, most of 'em either think "ooh punk is big right now" *dress like they think they should and attempt to make a punk song* or they go "ooh i dress like a punk" *attempt to make a shitty song* or "this sounds like punk" *attempt to act like a punk*. Dress and act like yourselves you morons!

And agreed with Satis on rap. Most of its shit (though i couldn't do better), Eminem was good to start with; it was usually funny but with a serious message hidden in there. Now he's gone really downhill (and since I don't like rap, the fact he never does funny stuff anymore just shoves him out the window for me).

Last edited by pevil on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

as an aside... please refrain from using 'gay" in a derogatory sense. I probably do it too, but bleh.

Anyway.... popular music has, imo, always sucked. There are a few very large exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, popular music is wildly forgettable, droll and redundant. Sometimes, it's differnet. I love SoAD. Tool is awesome. NIN is good shit too. But for the most part, popular music blows donkey nuts. I think it's just plain luck when a good band becomes popular.

And yea, what's up with punk? I mean...it used to be about anarchy and violence and sex and drugs. Now it's about... whining? All these "punk" bands just whine about everything. Now, the Sex Pistols were punk. Hell, Billy Idol was a punk god compared to the trash we've got coming out now.

Long live Billy Idol!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

As an aside, I think my stance on gay people is anything but derogatory, but I'll keep my comments in check if you want. But the most effiminate gay guy I ever knew (he was a drag queen during the weekends) would make ten times the remarks about things being 'gay' or 'for homoes' than you or me would ever make. You know? :roll: I'm pretty sure he wasn't gaybashing.

Anyway, especially for Satis his teen idol!!

- Coach

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:44 pm
Minor Diety

Not certain, think you misunderstood me though Satis. When I said Rock is technically pop, I meant in the sense of Pop is 'popular music', so theoretically anything that is popular at the moment is pop. Except of course, its come to mean your cheesy classics, slow love songs and just general rubbish from boy/girl bands now.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

sure, I'll agree. And it's been slow crap, love songs and boy bands/girl bands for a long time.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next