Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
War Crimes 
King

From this, Mon Aug 7, 2006 8:29am ET

Quote:
Lebanon says Israeli air raid kills 40

To this, Mon Aug 7, 2006 11:17am ET

Quote:
The Lebanese prime minister says only one person died in an Israeli air raid on the southern village of Houla, lowering the death toll from 40.

First he says 40 people die then hes says 1 person died? This doesnt help Lebanon's creditiblity in their death counts.

and then you got the case of the Reuter photographer who edited the pictures of Beirut after a airstrike by Israel.

Story

Quote:
Reuters on Sunday withdrew an image of smoke rising from burning buildings after an Israeli air strike on the suburbs of Beirut on August 5, 2006 after evidence emerged that it had been manipulated to show more smoke. The manipulated image is shown on the left. The unaltered image, shown on the right, has since run. Reuters has told the photographer, freelance Adnan Hajj, that the agency will not use any more of his pictures

Call me crazy but it seems someone is trying to push anit-Israel propaganda.

Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

wow...that was a really shitty paint shopping job, too. How the hell did that get past the editors?

Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't think there's any agenda against Israel, just a photographer trying to sell a more spectacular photo. It's not like Reuters is known to pick sides in international conflicts. :roll:

As for how it got past the editors...like anything spectacular gets past the people that are supposed to be looking out for its validity. Kinda like the WMD stories cooked up by the Bush administration. :) That's the basic irony of all reporting: the more grandiose and insane the fraud, the more likely it is to be published cos if its 'newsworthiness'.

Btw, check this:

http://heggle.com/item/380557/George_Ga ... G_sky_news

I don't like Galloway and I don't completely agree with him, but basically he trashes Sky News with the facts. Good fun. :D

- Coach

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:20 pm
King

You know, I been doing a lot of reading about this conflict. I even watched a video online which showed news from Al jazeera and Lebanon then news from Israel. It is very interesting to see how both sides report stories and how both sides view this war from their perspective.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:56 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3