It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Yearly update/ranting 
Seigneurial Lord

Post Yearly update/ranting
Since I don't post very often I thought it was a rather fitting title :roll:

Anyway, I've been busy and kind of forgot to visit the forums every now and then, which resulted in a lot of unread posts and an "I'll read it when I have time" mentality, and that time is now, although I've given up to read everything :roll: I thought I could just as well post something then.

Hm... Well I've passed my exams and got my Gymnasium diploma with 8s and 9s (with a 9 for physics, how ironic. It used to be my worst subject, but it seems it's quite logical if you spend some time actually studying it. Ha, my teacher even approached me on graduation day, praising my insight. Funny little man). I've decided to go to University College in Utrecht next year, although I still don't have a clue what to study there. Can't wait to move there and live at my school! :/ I wonder what kind of people I'll meet there :/ Just in case, I decided to learn a bit more about art, classical music and opera. Anyway, I still can't choose between certain disciplines, since each discipline will lead to a different life. It's kind of like reading a walkthrough of an RPG and deciding which choices to make to get the ending you like :? Asking yourself the questions what you want to have reached in 10 years etc... It's great that there are so many different universitary educations to choose from, but it does make choosing a lot harder :/ Ah well, I'll just see how things will work out, perhaps I figure out what I want in Utrecht.

Furthermore I am glad to say I actually learned something from my English teacher. I heard from multiple people that they too thought the grades we got for our practice oral exams were too low (60 students, even those with averages of 9 and higher, rarely got an 8 and never higher), so I asked my classmates if I should write a letter to object, they agreed, I wrote a letter, signed it with our class, sent it to my classmates with the question if they'd reply if they didn't agree and went to it to the dean. On the first day of the oral exams - I was the second of all who had these exams - I went into the classroom and was immediately accused of accusing her of false charges, that I would have to face the consequences and that the punishment would not be light etc. etc. After that I had my oral exam. It seemed the girl before told her I wrote that letter, which was in my opinion rather weak, since she had multiple occasions to tell me she didn't want to be a part of 'my rebellion' and even if she didn't agree, she didn't have to mention my name :/ So lesson 1, never risk your neck for a group of people unless you have proof of their support. So I got a 7, and suddenly 6 people got an 8. I felt altruistic. Anyway, I objected ofcourse, went to my mentor, who went to the dean, but the other dean who I should've gone to was upset because I didn't go to her, which caused all kinds of delays which resulted in an anticlimactic "nobody cares because it was too long ago" situation. Lesson 2, if you want something done, and lack any means of guarantee that it will be done, do it yourself. I had my revenge my getting a 10 for my exam. Bitch.

What else... hm... Well I've reached the glorious age of 18, had a dozen driving lessons from a 70-year old man who is married to a 28-year old Iranian woman who studies to become a dentist, I started drinking beer and other alcoholic drinks (since it was hard to convince society to stop drinking alcohol, I decided I could better start before I went to University). I discovered I had a fanclub, someone actually drew a portrait of me and put it on the internet :/ Ofcourse, they're not exactly my type. Hm. I also discovered that I have a dashing reputation on my former school: That small guy with the curly hair who can dance well. Ooh, which reminds me, I even considered to study something close to where I live so I could focus more on competitive ballroom dancing with my sister, based on the "who cares, as long as you're happy" philosophy, but I decided to wait with that :/ And I recently had some teeth changed because they were rather odd-looking (they put some kind of fluid tooth over it, now they have a normal shape rather than a croissant-shape), and now the edges are slightly blue colored, because of my mouthwash. I'd laugh about it, if my teeth weren't blue. Been playing BG2 again lately, but unfortunately I somehow don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Was kind of disappointed by Oblivion as well, but it took me 80 hours of gameplay to realize that. The amount of time that I spend on games has decreased drastically the last few months :/ Time for a new hobby I guess... Can't think of anything else at the moment, which I'm sure you'll be glad to read ;) but an urge for ranting comes up I know where to find you.

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:34 pm
Minor Diety

Yo DA! Nice to hear from you again man. :)

Some rather fascinating things in that rant, haha. Don't worry too much about the 'where will my degree get me' thing. You'd be surprised where people end up even with a very particular diploma. People with a masters in history becoming communications experts, industrial engineers becoming translators, ppl with no degree at all become managers...it's all there. :roll: But try to get something resembling a degree, just in case.

And yeah, never put your neck on the line for others. Not if you're gonna be on the frontline yourself anyway. Try to pull the strings from behind and try to sail in between the conflicts between morons to a path that leads you to max profit. To quote PKD: 'Be humble, and you will escape the jealousy of the great'. ;)

Are you that small? I thought you were Dutch? :P ;)

- Coach

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:50 am
King

Nice to see that I'm not the only one out of contact half the time.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:51 am
Heh it's just too damn hot to get on my computer and i've been on a holiday in France. Hence my absence lately.

Good to get an update from DA, at least we know now that he's still around.

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:13 pm
Minor Diety

That was me btw, log in thing isn't cooperating here, having troubles with it the whole day. Meh.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:15 pm
King

meh the heat has got to everyone. I'm complaining all the time and having to work in a shop with no air-con!

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]