Worst boss eva? 
Minor Diety

Post Worst boss eva?
You be the judge

http://www.workingamerica.org/badboss/i ... ry_id=1175

Quote:
Employees: the other revenue stream

Jay, California

I landed my first job out of college at a financial institution. What I did not realize is that I was about to receive an education of a different kind. Each employee on the floor was paid partially on commission, and under the pretense of accounting reasons, each employee was set up as a one man department. The insidious side of this transaction was that everyone on the floor got billed for department level expenses.

I got billed $200 for my chair. I paid $10 a month for the coffee I couldn't drink because it was only served in the main office. The guy who emptied my nonexistent trash can got $7. I ordered pencils at $5 a box. When they came, they had the logo of a long defunct hotel chain on them. When the building was renamed with our companies new sign, I helped pay for it every month of the year. I even got billed for the paper used to print our end of the month billing sheets!

The final straw came shortly after my father died unexpectedly. The owner didn??t believe in bereavement, and we were not allowed to use sick time without a doctor's note. I used what little vacation time we were given (5 days a year) to bury my father and put his affairs in order. The company was nice enough to send flowers. Of course, they included a generic, unsigned card. The next month, my commission check was suspiciously light. $200 light, to be exact. When the billing sheets arrived the next day, my suspicions were confirmed. They billed me for the flowers they sent.

The only small bit of sweetness in this story came just before I left. We were required to pay for our own parking space below the building, at $150 a month. Every time we complained, the owner would remind us that we should be happy we HAD jobs, and to look into public transportation. By accident, we discovered that to avoid paying for his own space, he owner was parking in the handicapped spaces in the mall next door, and walking over. We had his car towed five days in a row.

Jesus christ. You wonder why anyone who (apparently) has had a college training would stay even for ONE WEEK at such a job. And 5 days of holiday a year, is that even legally allowed? :roll:

- Coach

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:32 am
Minor Diety

bloody hell, yeah that guy musta been some kind of moron for staying in that job. Surely you'd either quit and go on the dole until you could get a better one, or quit and report his ass! There must have been something dodgy going on there; you don't set everyone up as a 1 man department for any legal reasons...

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, im totally bemused why that guy took the fucking job, let alone stayed there for a while. What a dumbass.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:45 am
Felix Rex

yea...the first time I got billed $150 for a parking spot or billed ever $1 for a company function, I'd tell them to fuck themselves and walk out.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 am
Profile WWW
King

ok I thought my managers were frustrating....

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Knight

:o Makes you feel good about your own job. i guess we don't have it as bad as we like to think. Me well I love my job :lol: thats untill the newness of having my own office and my raise wear off then i'm sure i'll be back to hateing it

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:01 pm
Profile YIM
Felix Rex

I hate my job. And that'll continue until I find a new one.

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]