It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
World Cup 2006 
Minor Diety

True, but a statue of Bartez in action would be a lot more fun to watch. :wink:

Plus, they'd save alot of money on materials!

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:09 am
Minor Diety

Barthez is amazing. For a keeper who can't keep hold of a ball and has a reputation of fuckups, he sure made a career for himself. :wink:

- Coach

Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:31 am
Minor Diety

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:38 pm
Minor Diety

Half time for the final. 1-1. Man, i swear that french penalty was a fucking dive!

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:50 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:01 pm
Minor Diety

Yay! Italy won, and I won 85 Euros! Could it get any better?

What a game. The first half was pretty much Italys, but the second was definitely France's, they were playing much better, passing better and attcking more often. Italy couldnt put more than a few passes together in the French opposition, so they stood back and defended. France could have won, and i'd say they deserve to.

Im glad italy won on penalites (although i didnt want it to go there). They can leave behind those years of suffering from penality pwnages, e.g. Baggio.

Zidane: Wtf? Is that guy suffering from some brain problem. Ill say it again...WTF! What did he hope to get out of that? Materazzi has always been a tough guy, he can take alot of punishment, so i doubt he was trying to put him out of the game.

I hope for his sake, he does not return to club football because De Rossi/Gattuso/Materazzi & Co will break him in two on the pitch, without a pinch of care whether they get sent off. If he even steps foot in Rome, he's not going to get out alive. Either Roma's De Rossi will kill him, or the Lazio fans will. Trust me, ive been to Lazio.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:46 pm
King

Im glad its over. Was kinda getting tired of hearing about it in the news.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I think Zidane's price of best player in the tournament was one for his entire oeuvre. I wasn't impressed by his playing this tournament, and nobody was after the group stages. Unfortuately someone of his reputation only has to play two good matches to be regarded as king again. Ribery was far more important to the French team this tournament IMO. Perhaps France deserved to win the final match, but Italy deserved the title more considering the entire tournament. It was a mediocre tounrament anyway, I give it a 5 out of 10 for the football and an 8 out of 10 for organization (excellent organization but they get a penalty point for serving American beer).

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:21 am
Felix Rex

1. I'm glad this crap is over. I hate soccer. :)

2. What's up with Italy? They're sounding all Iranian.

Quote:
Italy had "beat a team which, in the quest for results, sacrificed its own identity by selecting blacks, Muslims and communists", the senator said, in comments that were rejected by members of Italy's new centre-left coalition government.

Reuter's

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

1. Hah! One day it will be your national sport, like every other country in the world! All hail the god of Football!

2. I love Italian politics. And I'm going to love the verdict in the referee scandal later today.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:35 am
King

1. Hah! One day it will be your national sport, like every other country in the world! All hail the god of Football!

2. I love Italian politics. And I'm going to love the verdict in the referee scandal later today.

I seriously doubt it. Seriously. Soccer(football) is just kicking the ball around. American football at least has strategy and different plays. And cheerleaders. so unless soccer(football) get stratgey and cheerleaders it wont win over the hearts of americans.

Say hello ladies

compared to this

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:40 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Soccer(football) is just kicking the ball around. American football at least has strategy and different plays.

Yeah right, you people even need women on the field to make your sport remotely interesting. :roll:

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:12 am
Felix Rex

that's why we have cheerleaders. And naked female mudwrestling.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

For what one fascist senator said? *sigh*

The US have the potential to be the strongest footballing nation in the world, yet they discard the opportunity because they seem to prefer revelling in the glory of their own domestic sports. Youre only missing out.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:36 am
King

Satis wrote:

For what one fascist senator said? *sigh*

The US have the potential to be the strongest footballing nation in the world, yet they discard the opportunity because they seem to prefer revelling in the glory of their own domestic sports. Youre only missing out.

We cant dominate everything! :)

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:48 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next