It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Rant on stupid people 
Minor Diety

"Words suck."
"If I wanted to read, I'd go to school."
Beavis & Butthead

What eternal wisdom.

Anyone seen the episode where Beavis is in (stripped-of-flesh) terminator mode and goes in a burger joint lasers blazing, saying "I'm BACK!! Huhuhuhu"? I need to find a pic of that for my avatar. :P

- Coach

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:02 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:19 pm
Emperor

But now I was too gentle to disturb this old topic so I'll post here, just to express my rant against people who discriminate other because of language lack.

Today I am told, not once, that my English sux. Ok, I know it and I remind myself of that fact every time I wirite on it, but what I hate is when people use such low arguments just in order to offend someone because they obviosly have no other arguments. They understand that bad english, but they do offend person, mentioning it. So plain malevolent and stupid. I would like to master grammar and many special phrases so I can use wide vocabular I have but it just did not work yet. Even...

Shit. I got bored.

Last edited by RB on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Who said this? A work colleague?

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:56 pm
Felix Rex

I'm usually on the giving side of that...making fun of all the foreigners I work with and their psychotic grammar mistakes. Shiny knows what I'm talking about. :p

Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well i just wonder if it would help if you would take some posts from the beginning and show them that. I think your english has become decent, not flawless of course, hell mine is getting worse every day i feel.

Anyway: just ignore them, beat the crap out of them, or find another way to get back at him/her/them.
I'm generally a very kind person, but i got some sharp edges as well.
Like at my gf's work: they moved to another building, and the first day already someone there moved all kinds of flowers etc. to the passage they were using and a note "that it was disturbing him/her that people were passing there". If they pulled that crap with me, it was war!

I really hope my gf follows my advice and starts kicking ass (and flower pots) there.

/end rant on stupid people

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:47 am
Minor Diety

lol i know what you mean gfree, i know we all take the piss out of you, but its like when i take the piss out of ox; i take the piss out of ox for everything, but even if he was only half as fluent in english as he is now, he'd still put 90% of britons to shame, because barely any of us can speak a second language. Heck, I got a b in german (pretty good) but i can't remember any of it to save my life, whereas nearly all french/belgian/dutch/italian etc can speak at least one more language, if not more.

people just suck.

Just had my own stupid people encounter, our internet has been gay for the past 3 days so i got fed up and rang tiscali's tech support. Typical indian guy (who spoke good english, must admit), and he was helpful, but he was pissing me off with his "ok, get your boyfriend to do this"... grrrrr so in the end i got fed up and said "well its pinging this ip address just fine" or something like that, and after that he stopped being so patronising ;)

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

but everyone knows women don't get technology. :roll:

Though wtf is up with home theatre connections? The stuff makes sense...especially with new tvs. However, I've yet to meet a woman that can hook up a new component to a system, much less put one together from scratch. It's boggling.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol i hate moles 5.1 speakers for his pc (though i can set them up if i gotta :P) there are just so many bloody wires. you wanna see the amount of wires in this flat... its not a good thing... hehe.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

during my vacation in Croatia I met a pair from UK. Accidently happened that we were sitting by the same table in an open-sky restaurant and were attacked by a colony of wasps that wished to get into our food and drink by any means.

They couldn't stop calling them bees, which annoyed me a little. After few minutes I couldn't help but say "excuse me but that are not bees. they are called wasps". For my surprize the pair started to adore my English, leaving me almost wordless for the rest of time we spent in that restaurant. Why almost wordless: Better to say nothing than to screw up the good impression. :P

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

hehe. They obviously thought you were some kind of god. :D Croatia is beautiful isnt it?

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:00 am
Felix Rex

lol, that's funny. Makes me want to visit Croatia and sic some bees on people.

I mean wasps. :p

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What kind of an idiot doesn't know the difference between a wasp and a bee? :roll: Nice story though GFree, and your English has improved vastly ever since you first landed on clankiller. Your post just now was pretty much...faultless. :o

Kinda funny: Axl Rose in 2014

http://www.totallycrap.com/videos/video ... in_2014/NL

- Coach

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2