It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Babies aborted for not being perfect 
King

I asked the question about the deficitly born child/normal child situation because it seemed like a contradiction to me. I just wanted clarification of where your coming from. It was just shocking for me to hear someone say if a 6 year old gets in a car wreck and is paralyzed from the neck down he has the opinion to be euthanized. It just blew my mind. I mean, you dont even need a religious point of view to know that thats messed up to say, for someone to actually believe that. Anyway. Im just voicing my thoughts for conversation.

Also, you mentioned commitment. You made the commitment when you had sex. Sex causes babies. Cause and effect. Sex(causes) -> baby(effect). If you dont want baby guess what.... stop the cause.

And honestly, I dont see how you can care about dumped dogs but not care about (aborted)dumped babies. At least a dumped dog has a chance to survive. It at least had a chance to be picked up by someone, like you that cares about it.

Its all one big contradiction.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

abortion isn't getting a puppy and dumping it on the side of the road. That's more like abandonment.

And sex does not cause babies. I've been having sex for well over a decade now and no babies have resulted. Not by accident, mind you...I've been careful not to make them.

And if a six year old kid gets smashed by a car and decides he doesn't want to live...well, who am I to say no? What if a 30 year old got smashed by a car and decides he doesn't want to live? I think the person should be allowed to go into therapy, get talked to and tried to convince that there is no reason to die...but if they still would rather die than live in such a state, then it's their right to die. What if they were 18? I'd give them the same right. How about 17? Or 15? Or 10? If the person is firmly in command of their faculties and knows what they're asking, how can I deny them that right? The right to die is just as much a right as the right to live. To remove someone's right to die is horribly wrong.

And before you try to throw abortion into it...a fetus is not human. It does not think. That's why abortion is legal...because a fetus has not developed enough to become human yet. It's like saying sperm is human.

Some people would disagree. Some people would say that a human is created the minute a sperm and egg do their little dance (get down tonight). These people are typically anti-abortion. That's not my belief, nor the belief of the people that legalized/support abortion.

In the land of the anus, the man with no nose is king.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
King

And sex does not cause babies. I've been having sex for well over a decade now and no babies have resulted. Not by accident, mind you...I've been careful not to make them.

Tell me then how babies are made without having sex?(excluding artificial insemination and cloning)

Satis wrote:
And if a six year old kid gets smashed by a car and decides he doesn't want to live...well, who am I to say no? What if a 30 year old got smashed by a car and decides he doesn't want to live? I think the person should be allowed to go into therapy, get talked to and tried to convince that there is no reason to die...but if they still would rather die than live in such a state, then it's their right to die. What if they were 18? I'd give them the same right. How about 17? Or 15? Or 10? If the person is firmly in command of their faculties and knows what they're asking, how can I deny them that right? The right to die is just as much a right as the right to live. To remove someone's right to die is horribly wrong.

No argument there. When I asked about what you would do if your normal child got paralized later in life, you presented the answer along the lines of "he has a right to euthenise himself". It had the apperance that if that really happened to your child you would "hope" they would take that option and not want to live. Thats the way it sounded to me. Correct me if Im wrong.

Quote:
And before you try to throw abortion into it...a fetus is not human. It does not think.

If your going by a text book defintion of "think" then according to your statements a BORN baby isnt human either because it does not "think".

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:13 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

Tell me then how babies are made without having sex?(excluding artificial insemination and cloning)

sex != babies. Sex does make babies, but just because you have sex you don't necessarily have to make baby. They're not mutually inclusive.

Quote:
No argument there. When I asked about what you would do if your normal child got paralized later in life, you presented the answer along the lines of "he has a right to euthenise himself". It had the apperance that if that really happened to your child you would "hope" they would take that option and not want to live. Thats the way it sounded to me. Correct me if Im wrong.

Nah, it's their choice, not mine. If it happened to me, I can't say with 100% certainty that I'd whack myself, so how could I expect/force someone else to?

Quote:
If your going by a text book defintion of "think" then according to your statements a BORN baby isnt human either because it does not "think".

I agree, but the courts won't allow post-natal abortion yet. Hopefully it's just a matter of time. :)

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3