It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
U.S. Troops Kill Pregnant Woman in Iraq 
King

Post U.S. Troops Kill Pregnant Woman in Iraq
I cant image what it feels like to be the guys that shot at this car. I can understand from a soldiers perspective why you would shoot at the car but man. So if anyone is wondering why terrorist are terrorist , heres why.

Quote:
U.S. forces killed two Iraqi women _ one of them about to give birth _ when the troops shot at a car that failed to stop at an observation post in a city north of Baghdad, Iraqi officials and relatives said Wednesday.

Nabiha Nisaif Jassim, 35, was being raced to the maternity hospital in Samarra by her brother when the shooting occurred Tuesday.

assim, the mother of two children, and her 57-year-old cousin, Saliha Mohammed Hassan, were killed by the U.S. forces, according to police Capt. Laith Mohammed and witnesses.

The U.S. military said coalition troops fired at a car after it entered a clearly marked prohibited area near an observation post but failed to stop despite repeated visual and auditory warnings.

"Shots were fired to disable the vehicle," the military said in a statement e-mailed to The Associated Press. "Coalition forces later received reports from Iraqi police that two women had died from gunshot wounds ... and one of the females may have been pregnant."

Jassim's brother, who was wounded by broken glass, said he did not see any warnings as he sped his sister to the hospital. Her husband was waiting for her there.

"I was driving my car at full speed because I did not see any sign or warning from the Americans. It was not until they shot the two bullets that killed my sister and cousin that I stopped," he said. "God take revenge on the Americans and those who brought them here. They have no regard for our lives."

Wed May 31, 2006 1:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Unfortunate, but it was the civvies fault. They should have stopped.

Wed May 31, 2006 2:16 pm
Felix Rex

yea, that's pretty crappy. Shit happens. But I find it rather hard to believe he didn't receive warnings, and I find it hard to believe he didn't notice.

Wed May 31, 2006 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yea, that's pretty crappy. Shit happens. But I find it rather hard to believe he didn't receive warnings, and I find it hard to believe he didn't notice.

I agree. I also find it easier to believe that he would lie.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed May 31, 2006 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
King

Dont be so quick to draw conclusions. It perfectly consievable that he was looking back making sure she was ok then keeping his eyes on the road. If your driving a car with a women screaming about to give birth your going to look back. Your mind may or may not be totally on the road.

Im not saying thats the way it happened but its possible.

No matter what, they killed a pregnant women. Thats what the Iraqi's are going to remember.

Wed May 31, 2006 3:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Apart from all this, heard about the massacre thingie in Iraq? 24 ppl shot dead execution-style by US troops. :o

- Coach

Wed May 31, 2006 3:08 pm
Felix Rex

As for him not looking at the road...if he's driving as fast as his car would let him, through areas occupied with gun-toting US troops and Iraqi traffic, he's as likely to have run into a car/pedestrian/building as get blown away by US troops.

Anyway, bring on the massacre.

Wed May 31, 2006 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I could use the same don't be so quick to jump to conclusions against your argument too 11b. Fact is, we don't know what happened at all.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed May 31, 2006 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

nope, haven't heard that one yet.

As for him not looking at the road...if he's driving as fast as his car would let him, through areas occupied with gun-toting US troops and Iraqi traffic, he's as likely to have run into a car/pedestrian/building as get blown away by US troops.

Anyway, bring on the massacre.

Your call is my command

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/ ... index.html

- Coach

Wed May 31, 2006 4:13 pm
Felix Rex

I wouldnt' be overly suprised. Shit happens. The important thing is crap like this gets caught and the people that perpetrated it are tried for murder. If it really was an execution (or massacre, or whatever) then there's no excuse.

If it really went up the chain of command who tried to cover it up, those people should be tried as well.

At least they're not government-approved cleansings like a certain former Iraqi regime was notorious for.

Wed May 31, 2006 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No, but will the Iraqis know the difference?

Wed May 31, 2006 5:28 pm
Minor Diety

This kind of stuff has always happened and is probably inevitable.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:17 am
King

I wouldnt' be overly suprised. Shit happens. The important thing is crap like this gets caught and the people that perpetrated it are tried for murder. If it really was an execution (or massacre, or whatever) then there's no excuse.

If it really went up the chain of command who tried to cover it up, those people should be tried as well.

At least they're not government-approved cleansings like a certain former Iraqi regime was notorious for.

I think this plus the recent murder of the pregnant women shows you the attitude and general mental state the US soldiers have toward Iraq's these days. Apparently they care little for their lives. Im not blaming them Im just saying the disregard for Iraqi's has probably developed over time with all the bombings and car bombs and what not.

Also Bush said the reports about the Marine's killing 24 people "concerned him". He doesnt give a damn. He thinks its ok to torture children and so-called terrorist.

It doesnt matter what true or false, this hurts the US's image and is not good.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:55 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]