It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
In London it's 1984 
King

11B's suggestion (throw in a pit etc) for example disregards the fact that some people simply don't have a family or friends (or not enough of them to do proper 'shifts' etc) and would starve to death in no time. Being a criminal is one thing, being left to die because you suck in social relationships is another. :roll: Or if you killed -say- your sister and your family doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore...does that justify you dying over someone else who killed 1541654 people but still has his family to take care for him?

Well then, if they dont have the family to do it then I guess they shouldnt have thought about that before committing murder then? In essence they sealed their on death. They are dieing by their own hand, not by a executioner or the state but their own hand.

And to answer you last question yes. Most of the worlds criminal actions can all go back to one thing, their upbringing. So since their parents didnt want to deal with them when they where young, they have to deal with them now or allow them to die. The burden of a criminals action should NOT be carried by those not involved. Why should anyone of us have to carry the burden of allowing a rapist murder to live?

This is the most humane way to deal with this. These criminal who are truly criminal need to be off the street #1. But, they dont need to be living large in jail either sucking off society. They need to be removed but executing them is not so humane. They have commit a crime against society so they need to be remove from society.

ITs like lepers. Lepers lived in caves removed from the rest of society. Who feed them? Their families.

How else do you keep criminal off the street removed from society while at the same time making sure the cost is kept small or 0?

Thu May 18, 2006 3:09 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
King

1/ Lepers were suffering from a disease, people still could go near them without being killed, you just had a possiblity of catching a disease which not a lot is known about still.
2/ Harold Shipman- No-one knows why he killed so many people and he was considered to be one of the most prolific serial killers in the world.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sat May 20, 2006 11:10 am
King

1/ Lepers were suffering from a disease, people still could go near them without being killed, you just had a possiblity of catching a disease which not a lot is known about still.
2/ Harold Shipman- No-one knows why he killed so many people and he was considered to be one of the most prolific serial killers in the world.

so murder.... Mental disease or poor judgement?

Sun May 21, 2006 7:04 am
Profile ICQ YIM
King

Not really- could be seen as advantageous in some situations

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sun May 21, 2006 3:26 pm
King

Not really- could be seen as advantageous in some situations

murder is never advantageous.

Sun May 21, 2006 8:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
King

another is self-defence
another is killing someone to stop them doing something
another is execution
getting rich quickly
I could go on you know...

Mon May 22, 2006 2:59 am
King

One way is called war
another is self-defence
another is killing someone to stop them doing something
another is execution
getting rich quickly
I could go on you know...

You could but you would be wrong.

Self Defense is not murder. Execution is not murder. War is not murder. Murder is

Quote:
The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

To kill (another human) unlawfully.

To kill brutally or inhumanly.

Murder includes "malice" and or intent to do harm unlawfully. Shooting someone because you dont like them is murder. Killing someone who is trying to murder you is self-defense.

So again, "murder" is not advantageous.

Mon May 22, 2006 5:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

As far as I'm concerned, any killing of another human being besides self defense is murder. And even then it would have to be along the lines of "he had his hands round my throat and I couldn't breathe" rather than "oh no, he was walking round on my lawn looking at the windows to try and break in so I shot him"

Trouble is we have these things called ethics and morals. If we didn't have them we'd be fine. But now a judge/jury hear "well I only shot him coz he was a burglar and I thought he might have a knife" they might be inclined to let him off because he thought he was in danger. Yeah, the guy shouldn't have been there of course. But that doesn't make killing him right.

Mon May 22, 2006 8:34 am
Profile WWW
King

Trouble is we have these things called ethics and morals. If we didn't have them we'd be fine.

lol, thats rich. Without morals and ethics we would be fine? Are you saying without ethics and moral, we as a society would be better off?

Mon May 22, 2006 9:30 am
Profile ICQ YIM
King

Speaking of prisons. 1 out of 136 Americans are in jail

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/21/D8HODD7G0.html

Mon May 22, 2006 9:44 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

no i'm saying we have double ethics and morals. We probably would be better off without them, as well as a lot of other things. Then we might be more like animals and only cause others problems when after food. Personally I think we'd be better off extinct :P

Mon May 22, 2006 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
Trouble is we have these things called ethics and morals. If we didn't have them we'd be fine.

lol, thats rich. Without morals and ethics we would be fine? Are you saying without ethics and moral, we as a society would be better off?

Yes. We would. Why?

Because we'd be just like wild animals - we'd strain to survive. We'd kill to eat, we'd mate, and that would be the way life was.

Instead, due to morals and ethics, we actually give a damn if people die, when people steal, when people kill etc etc. This way, we NEED an overseer, a government. And because the people in the government are just as corrupt as those outside of it, it just doesn't work (In a make people happy kinda way)

I think overall, I'm with pev - without the human race, the planet would be better off.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon May 22, 2006 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

personally, I enjoy my own existence. As for the planet being better off, that makes the assumption that it's not well off. Personally, I think Earth is a hell of a lot better of than Mars or Venus.

But anyway, ethics and morality are one of the defining features of the human race. But that has nothing to do with murder. Apes have murder, but I doubt you'll find many people claiming they have ethics.

Mon May 22, 2006 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

So if we reverse evolution and turn into animals again we would be better off? Personally, I prefer to live to a nice long age and eat good food and enjoy culture, but maybe that's an odd thought.

Mon May 22, 2006 12:13 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I'm pretty sure people 1000 years ago didn't like the fact that they rarely lived past 30, had their teeth rot out of their heads by 20, lived in filth and muck and disease, had 80% of their children die before adulthood, and worked their entire lives doing the same thing their father did, and their father's father, and their father's father's father, ad nauseum.

Viva mortis!

Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next