It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
Oblivion 
Minor Diety

The animation's been gettin alot of flak in general.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:55 pm
Minor Diety

I didn't even notice it tbh, even after watching it a few times. I saw some "sliding" but meh...I'd like to see many games do better. We're spoiled little brats. :P

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:40 pm
Minor Diety

didn't watch it in much detail (was playing GUN lol) but horses can turn both on the spot and gradually y'know ;) anyway i'm reserving all judgement on horses til i see it; so far Kameo and GUN have gotten horses just right, so if Oblivion doesn't... I'll be having strong words! hehe

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.worthdownloading.com/downloa ... 85&id=6947

Pretty cool. :) Satis, it has a bow in action (with some strange explosive arrow effect it seems)

- Coach

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:39 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I saw it. Pretty cool. Some sort of lightning explosion. I was less interested in the combat than the environments and lighting and stuff, though. That field looked awesome. And the shading on the little gollum looking guy was cool.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

btw was wondering what you guys think, when we get the game should we make our own threads (e.g. Pevs Oblivion thread, Oxs Oblivion thread) coz Satis will have it long before us and I know even if i skip posts I usually get my eye caught by the odd word that will almost certainly spoil something for me ;) Up to you guys, lemme know what you think :P

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think thats a good idea Pev. It reduces the spoiler risks, but most of all i like the idea of reading everyones own individual progress and stories.

Satis, i think as soon as the game comes out for us here in the UK too, these threads will be filled with masses of our personal screenshots. Just thought id warn you. :D

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:27 am
Felix Rex

yea, the individual threads thing sounds like a great idea. Once I have the game, I'll be taking ingame videos and screenshots, don't worry. :) I'm so excited....heheh...I hope beyond hope to have the game running on Monday...though it may be Tuesday. I pray to satan that it's no later than that.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Im pretty sure it will be in stores only from Tuesday for you yanks. Monday is the date it gets "shipped".

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:36 am
Minor Diety

yeah i'm sure it'll be tues for you lucky bastards ;) We'll probably have it in wed but no sale til fri *cries*

Hopefully the game really does play differently for us all and the individual threads will seem like totally different games :D Make sure you get some sweet screenies satis :P

*me wonders how my pc would handle fraps and oblivion at same time*

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yes...I plan on frapping some. I want to shoot a horse in the face with my bow. Preferably with a guard riding it. I wonder if the guard may get crushed by the horse if he's still riding it when the horse dies.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

oooh i hope so, thats one thing GUN has got in, if you shoot the horse down as it comes down a hill, the guy rolls in front of it and dies from the speed/impact/crushing. There's so many hopes I have for the horses... I just know I'm gonna be disappointed. It'd be cool if an evil char can grab a guy off his horse and kill him then steal the horse, rather than have to chop away and hope the horse doesn't get pissed at you and attack!

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

oh, arrows all the way. Shoot the guard in the face so he falls off the horse, clearing the way for your gear. Oooh...be cool if you could do strings of horses....so you could have your riding horse and a string of packhorses to carry all those daedric and glass armor/weapons.

btw, new vid is up. It's underwhelming.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

haha that would totally rule. and yeah, vid is pretty but its just... land. lol.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

oh, arrows all the way. Shoot the guard in the face so he falls off the horse, clearing the way for your gear. Oooh...be cool if you could do strings of horses....so you could have your riding horse and a string of packhorses to carry all those daedric and glass armor/weapons.

btw, new vid is up. It's underwhelming.

I'd rather just kick everyone's ass in melee and then stock all my gear at my safehouses :P Screw having 5 horses behind me!

And the video was pretty, the city skyline anyway...the closeup on the grass and weeds was pretty unecessary. :roll:

Btw Satis, go this from a recent interview, RE draw distance

Quote:
Finger: Some of the screenshots we've seen for Oblivion show a massive draw distance that goes out way further than Morrowind could handle. Is a draw distance this far going to make it into the final game, and if so, is it only a setting for the most of extreme of PCs? Can the Xbox 360 handle that kind of huge environment?

Pete Hines: The most recent videos you saw were taken last week, so yes, the videos you saw were taken last week, so yes, that's in the final version of the game. That's what it looks like. On the Xbox 360 it is a fixed distance, and yes, it can handle it. Again, it looks just like it does on the videos. On the PC it's actually a slider so that it can be pulled in for older or slower cards, or drawn out further on the latest cards. As newer and better cards come out, you'll be able to adjust that even further.

Sweet! And yeah, the idea of multiple threads sounds like a great idea Pev...we could keep this thread as a general info thing and post spoilers and adventures in our "own" threads. Deal. :)

Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next