It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Possible Forum Outages 
Felix Rex

Post Possible Forum Outages
I'm jacking with the forums to try and isolate some issues I've encountered during a recent upgrade. You may notice the forum become inaccessible at times. You also may experience intermittent page problems, and some features of the board may become inaccessible.

I have no ETA for this being fixed but will try to minimize actual downtime. I'll drop another post when I'm through.

DON'T PANIC.

Last edited by Satis on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Everything should be back to the way it was. Logout still doesn't work. :p You should be able to post now, and all mods should work again.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I happened to have a moment of enlightenment and figured out what was wrong with the logout. It is now functioning properly under the charcoal2 template. You can all bow to me as you are able.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The forum has been very slow on this side of the pond lately. Is that one of the issues you're talking about here?

Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 am
Felix Rex

no, that's an issue with my host. Unfortuanetly, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it without switching hosts. That may actually happen at some point...the lagginess is really pissing me off. I'll keep you guys informed.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

If you choose some other provider, keep me informed please. I finally gathered the money for hosting and am currently looking for the way to pay some in USA without having an credit card.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:46 pm
Emperor

E.g. on my current location

- 2000MB space
- 100GB monthly traffic
--------------------------
~ $140

powweb
- 12000MB space
- 300GB monthly traffic
... (much more comfort with the other config)
--------------------------
~ $93.24

I don't belive that money transfer will getmore than $140 - $93.24 = $46.76.

Have you something better on mind, Arathorn?

Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

I'll put in my quick plug for Powweb. I have worked with a variety of clients through my clients when I was doing contract programming. Powweb has occasional issues, but so does every host. However, they give you much more control over your site than most. Most hosts use cpanel, which overwrites your .htaccess files. Essentially you have to go through their stupid interface to put in any htaccess commands. GUI's are not good for any kind of programming. You can also use your own php.ini, and have access to PHP5.

I had to find a host for a website that would violate powweb's TOS, and I couldn't find a single one that offered all that.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

suckage. I just wish I had more reliable MySQL performance. Shit, maybe I'll just host the DB on my own computer. :p Or my whole website. I certainyl have the know-how to maintain a full site (minus DNS)....and I'm sure Verizon would give me a static ip for the right $$$.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]