It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
F.E.A.R. 
Felix Rex

Anyway, yes, alot of pugs can't handle a high-speed FPS. They get sick (I know a few of those), or they get confused and lost. They lack the fine-edged control necessary, or the inertial guidance system so they never get lost in levels, or the ability to think in 3 dimensions. :p

Anyway, I enjoy a good twitch fps. Q3 was my fav. I'm hoping Q4 will pick up where that dropped off. I'm really looking forward to flexing my mapping muscles again.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I have 1337 spatial skills in games most of the time so that's not the issue, I just don't really like the super-fast action you mention. :) Never was much of a deathmatch man. Everyone kills, everyone dies, everyone gets respawned all the time...I'd rather have some sort of objective. But then, teams are usually filled with fuckers who can't spell o b j e c t i v e. They think every game is freakin' deathmatch. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm
Felix Rex

WFA was capture the flag, so there was an objective...defense/offense...and teh rest of the people DMed in the middle. Thing was I liked the objectives, so all the fucktards DMing just lost round after round because they didn't get it. :p Fine by me.

A good map was built so you can't camp the middle and stop everyone. Some idiot wants to DM in the center, you take an alternate route and he never even sees you.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

just in case any of you wanna know, Q4 is out Friday here in the uk

Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:26 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yeh but quake sucks for its armor and bullshit magic shields. Thats why i like shooters like BF2, no crappy godlike armors and whatnot. UT falls into same cat as quake.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:34 am
Minor Diety

On the other hand, BF2, CS and whatnot aren't all that realistic either, even without godlike armor etc....you still can take a crapload of damage before dying, or can recover from terminal injuries by having a medic stitch you up for 5 seconds -in the field. It's really funny if you think of it. :)

- Coach

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:50 am
Stranger

yes and you can literally pass through bullets without being harmed (bunnyhoping). Yes but in my view its normal that when you take a direct hit from a rocket you die. It doesnt matter how many layers of bodyarmor you wear you still die. (unlike in quake where you can be shot 7 to 10 times with a rocket until you start showing signs of dying.

Edit: Not to mention rocketjumps and using weapons to climb walls :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:57 am
Minor Diety

lol, to each their own, of course...but elves and dwarves don't exist either, and that doesn't make RPG's suck does it? ;)

- Coach

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:00 am
Minor Diety

lol ox. I love it in RPGs when people suggest one thing, and someone elses reason to not have it is "it's not realistic". Oh, so running round casting fireballs at orcs and looting platemail from the carcass of a wolf is?

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think its a question of fictional-quantity. CS/BF2 are fundamentally less fictional than UT/Quake.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:51 am
Felix Rex

heh...it's all fictional at some level. You can't have something as energetic as Quake in a game like BF2. It'd ruin the feeling.

And making BF2 fully realistic would ruin that, too. Imagine if an M1 actually could go 75mph on a road in the game. *shiver* Bleh, to each their own. I love the frantic ballet of death that is quake multiplayer. :twisted:

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

FEAR is quite good, you die in one from a shotty/rocket unless you have full amrour, then the shotty at med range won't kill you.

The superweaps will, though and also the rifle does nice damage with out being over powered. But it does get crazy at some points.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I have nothing against quake i just hate the mega shitloads of armor and camping it.

I think rpgs without elves is like battlefield without weapons.

And battlefield is unrealistic in every possible way from snipers to tanks to machine guns to weapon accuracy.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:34 pm
Felix Rex

ok, I finished FEAR. Overall I give it high marks. Some really nice graphics, some really visceral gunfights. There were alot of issues with the game, imo, that kept it from being an all-time classic. Anyone not wanting anything ruined, stop reading.

1. Level design. The level design makes no fucking sense. Whenever I made levels, I tried to make them make sense...these guys have office buildings and shit that just wrap all over themselves. It's just horrible.

2. Pacing. The pacing of the fighting is ok. The pacing of the freakishness is bad. It starts off nice a freaky, then after a bit the freakishness virtually disappears. Then at the end it comes back with a vengeance. I think they should have paced it better.

3. Repetitiveness. It's repetitive. Same shit, different day. It would've been nice to spice shit up a bit.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Take it or leave it. Overall, though, I got a good feeling coming away from the gane. Nice stuff.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

1 - Sucks dunnit? Alot of games of this tipe fall under this problem.

2 - Perhaps they should have taken lessons from Clive Barker?

3 - Again, for me that a bit common in shooters. Not HL or Far Cry though.

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next