Mark of the Beast 
King

Post Mark of the Beast
http://www.remnantofgod.org/flash/motb/mob.html

Enjoy

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Way too uninterested to pay attention to that one.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:41 pm
Minor Diety

I tried but failed to keep watching .. *insert sleeping smily here*

~King of Thieves~

Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:28 pm
King

I was glued to the montior. Everyone I have showned that too (including non-catholics) thought it was very interesting.

Well, Ill give you the short version.

God's sabbath is Saturday not sunday. The catholic church changed the law so Sunday is the sabbath.

Long story short, those who worship on Sunday and work on Saturday have the mark of the beast.

please dont argue until you WATCH the whole thing.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I actually watched the thing (it was damn long), but well, they are kinda eager to point out 'connections' which are honestly vague. As for sabbath being originally on Saturday, that has to do with translations and so forth in which things got lost/twisted and so forth. It's come up a lot in Bible lore, like the confusion about women having to be virgins before they marry. (which at its turn was extended to men also having to be virgins in some parts of the world today, something which isn't even in the Bible)

But, are you saying that the Catholic Church is evil then? And that catholics who work on Saturday and go to church on Sunday are? You know what that means? That atheists don't carry the mark of the beast, and just about every christian person does. :D And it gets even better: the time I did go to Church (I was raised a Catholic) it was always on Saturday...because they had the 'short', kids' versions masses on Saturday afternoon. So I'm, according to that flash animation, one of the few truly pure!! No mark of the beast for me. ;)

But really, you have to be careful quoting scripture (or interepreting) it as a valid source of information.

Exodus 35:2 says in no unclear terms that all those who work on the sabbath should be put to death:

Quote:
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Leviticus 19:27 forbids certain haircuts

Quote:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Leviticus 11:10 also claims that shellfish are abominations

Quote:
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which [is] in the waters, they [shall be] an abomination unto you

Moreover, Leviticus 25:44-47 allows the free trade and posession of slaves

Quote:
Lev 25:44Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

Lev 25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that [are] with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

Lev 25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit [them for] a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Lev 25:47 And if a sojourner or stranger wax rich by thee, and thy brother [that dwelleth] by him wax poor, and sell himself unto the stranger [or] sojourner by thee, or to the stock of the stranger's family

And so forth...

I'm just saying, there's a lot of rather questionable material in scripture. :wink:

- Coach

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:36 pm
Minor Diety

Sabbath? Eh? Oh, its mythological discussion.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:19 pm
Minor Diety

I tried to watch it, I really did. But hey, It's just plaing boring.

Anyone can take words and rearange them to get alternative meanings out of them. It needed to be better presented, because for poeple like me (who definatley are NOT in to reading) it just drags and drags.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:37 am
Profile WWW
King

No rinox, its saying that ANYONE that works on the Sabbath(saturday) bears the mark, not just catholics.

The mark is either "in the forehead" or "on the hand".

In the forehead means that you believe in the mark (sunday sabbath)
On the hand means that you work on the sabbath (hand means work)
It also means that (sometime in the furture a law might be passed that forces people to worship on Sunday, this law also means that to do anything on Sunday[buy, sell, or work] that you would need a permit)

Im not saying this is true or not, I just thought it was interesting and thought I would share it with you guys.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:48 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Regardless, I don't have the mark of the beast! I never ever work, Saturdays or otherwise...and i went to mass on Saturdays in the past, like I said. Don't you find it midly ironic that I, contrary to many religious people, have totally avoided the mark of the beast? I'm pretty much a saint according to that flash animation.

St. Rinox, patron of the slackers! :wink:

- Coach

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:53 am
Minor Diety

well... i saw it was posted by 11b. thought: conspiracy stuff... yawn... read your next post... confirmed my thoughts... didnt waste time clicking ;)

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hes going through quite a phase at the moment.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:01 pm
Seigneurial Lord

The mark is either "in the forehead" or "on the hand".

Ah, so finally the link between homework and acne has been discovered.

It was interesting, kind of, although I couldn't take the guy serious at the end of it any more. I skipped the Antichrist Slideshow (although the soundtrack was kind of nice) and watched the whole thing, but tbh I think this guy needs to find a hobby. The church is evil because they want to keep sunday the sabbath day? Seems to me they'd rather keep sunday as a sabbath day rather than no sabbath day at all, with religion losing more of it's governmental powers every day (don't know if that's clear English, point I'm trying to make is that government and religion are being separated resulting in loss of power for the catholic leaders). And some of those quotes he comes with are ripped from their contexts. That 'criminal penalty' one. The author of that quote writes that if 'we', thus adressing all her readers, believe in something, we should act that way. This guy makes it sound as if the church is plotting world domination so they can force people to go to church. Almost every 'argument' about the evil church he comes with is in my opinion misinterpreted. He reads them as 'sunday in stead of the real sabbath day, saturday'. I read them as 'church is desperately trying to keep catholicism alive'. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against catholicism or anything, just think this guy is being a bit too paranoid.

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Besides, again in the 'no offense' atmosphere 11b, the church is doing a very crappy job keeping ppl in check in Europe if it's trying to dominate the world...churches are emtpying at a dramatic tempo, only filled with old ppl these days. :)

- Coach

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:27 pm
Minor Diety

yeah he is, if 'at the moment' you mean for the past 6 months ;)

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:12 am
Profile WWW
King

I never quite got the Sabbath since didn't Jesus prove you don't need to obey it since he healed on the Sabbath? :?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next