It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 2:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
SWEET HELL YES! 
Minor Diety

Post SWEET HELL YES!
As some of you may or may not know (ox) I used to work for burger king.

All was well, till one day, a new manager came, who started to ilegally bend the rules to save money. Things such as short servings and not paying overtime.

I worked out the over time owed to me, to the sum of £258 - That's actually LESS than what I earned, but I gave them a "More than fair" average, which I said in the letter that I sent. Burger king replied, saying we refuse to pay up, so I sent another letter, apealing against this decision, to which I got no reply.

So, after not hearing from BK for quite some time, I went to the citizens advice bureau (spl?) and basically said "wtf do I do now?" Little did I know, that sending one letter, and then a letter apealing against the decision was exactly the right thing to do - to file for a tribunal. Which is a free service, to help settle unpaid wages, unfair dismisalls, and other troubles in the Employer/Employee relationship. So, I filed for one.

A week or so later, I got a letter saying my claim was accepted. Then shortly after that, another letter from a guy named Paul Sunderland, from ACAS - A Conciliator. His job is to settle the settlement, outside of tribunals. So I gave him a call, as the service he offers is a free optional service. He tried to contact burger king, and had no reply either. So called me back, and I gave him the number of the head office.

I heard nothing for a week, and was going to call him today. But I was woken by the sound of the telephone ringing, and I thought shit, that's work calling me in on my day off, so I didn't answer it. Then it rang again, and in light of a recent event where I was three and a half hours late due to me incorectly reading the schedule, i thought I better check the scheddy and answer the phone. I interupted it half way though him leaving a message.

Burger king have agreed to pay me the amount owed, all I have to do is sign some forms that are being sent to me. They can't back out of it, they HAVE to pay me.

So, All in all, Fuck you Abdel, I hope you fall in the deep fryer you fat shit.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Congrats man, you took on the Man and you won! w00t!! I bet that saving jar for the new Xbox and pc will be looking a LOT better by now eh? :twisted: Awesome!

- Coach

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:24 am
Minor Diety

Lol, you guys werent getting paid overtime!? LOLZ0rz! I would have kicked the managers ass, hard style!

Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:51 am
Minor Diety

lol yeah he's a dumbass. his moronic manager told them they shouldn't be working after 10pm, but of course if they just walked out with it unfinished he'd have had a go. I told mole boy to just walk out at 10, or at least refuse to do work after 10 til they let him out. But no. Stupid boy kept on working (usually til 11.30pm).

*puppy dog eyes* i need a new 'puter too dear... #cough cough# ;)

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

funny. I worked for Burger King when I was in high school. They pulled the same shit on me. Kinda quietly clocked us out so we didn't get ~30 minutes of overtime a day. Sleazy bastards.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Maybe BK manager are taught how to screw over personnel during training? Then again, I don't think there even is training for BK managers. :roll:

Hey Satis, as a general matter of interest: did you get to eat burgers that had been in the burger rack too long? I know Mole did, wondering about you. (well, he technically couldn't, but doesn't matter whether they go down his trashcan or that of BK :wink: )

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:44 am
Felix Rex

we weren't technically getting anything for free, but yea, of course I did. Usually I didn't go for the ones in the rack...not licking ketchup, mustard and mayonaise (sp?) kinda did that in for me. So I'd custom-build me double-whopper with cheese and bacon burgers and shit. The best custom-built thing back there though were chicken chunks wrapped in baon and cheese. Man...BK shoulda marketed those.

:p

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Goddamn...shit like that actually makes me want to work at a fast food chain. Well, maybe not for life, but for a few months anyway. Then I'd get fat, quit, lose weight while on unemployment, and get a good job. W00t!!

Erh, sorry. I'd like to try those chicken wrapped in bacon and cheese things too, sounds delicious. :( I think I'm gonna hop in a fast food restaurant tomorrow, it's been too long.

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:49 am
Felix Rex

yea, I've been trying to eat healthy for awhile now....so, lots of chicken and turkey and shit, no fast good. It hurts. Got pizza yesterday. Had KFC on the weekend. I really miss eating burgers. :P

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Any specific reason for that? Weight, liver issues?

And you gotta try fish. Mackerel (in cans) is just awesome. No 'bones' (is that how they call it?), very soft, great taste. You mess around with tomatoes and mozzarella and shit too btw?

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 am
Felix Rex

sure, I mess around a bit with whatever. I honestly don't cook alot with tomatoes, but I like em. Same with mozarella...I think that's virtually limited to pasta. As for why, just being healthier, I guess. Watching the weight a bit, too.

As for fish, the only fish I like is salmon. Though I could try mackeral. And I love sushi. :) Especially raw tuna, that's great stuff. But I very rarely eat fish. I know, you're a fish freak. I think you must have stock in some fishing company or something.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I like fish too, it's very good for your health, and tasty (wich is almost impossible, nice things are normally bad for you).

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:15 am
Minor Diety

Heh, I wish. :) I'd have my profits paid out in fish!

And tuna is awesome, I agree. Of the 'easy-go' canned fish I like mackerel, tuna and sardines best. I don't like them with sauces most of the time, just in their own juice or oil. Salmon is really high-brow and nice, but also a bit rich for my blood. :(

If you ever get the chance, try eating swordfish steak. It's glorious...it's like steak, but fish, w00t! Of course you'll need to know how to properly bake it first.

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:17 am
Felix Rex

oh, I had swordfish once. I bought it in the store. It was like frozen and plastic wrapped and all that crap (not fresh) but it turned out ok. Just baked it with lots of butter. :P Good stuff, even if it was frozen.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sword fish is nice, but tastes like a more bitter version of tuna.

I think tuna is awesome, but I tend to eat it out of the can with mayonaise, tomato sauce and other things.

What I do like is Sardines on toast.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next