It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Which is easier to do? 
Minor Diety

A chair is for sitting... true, because we invented the chair for that purpose, because we needed that thing. A star is not meant to give light, it simply does, and because it does, we happen to be here to think about that. Same goes with water. We need water to survive, but without water, there simply wouldn't be any "we".
We are just for sex and making more of us, like any animal, but we happen to have evolved smart enough to be thinking about that process. Just because we accidentially are smart, doesn't mean we're in any way special.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:22 am
King

A chair is for sitting... true, because we invented the chair for that purpose, because we needed that thing. A star is not meant to give light, it simply does, and because it does, we happen to be here to think about that. Same goes with water. We need water to survive, but without water, there simply wouldn't be any "we".
We are just for sex and making more of us, like any animal, but we happen to have evolved smart enough to be thinking about that process. Just because we accidentially are smart, doesn't mean we're in any way special.

A star not only gives light but heat. I left heat out.

Yes, just as we made a chair to sit, a higher intelligence made start so that they might give off light and heat to provide a place for life to exisit.

If we were simply made to reporduce then why do we need hands? Or feet? Or ears? If our purpose is simply to reproduce, and your basising your theory on evolution, then why did we evolve this way? A much more efficent manor would have been to leave us as single cell oganism.

If reproduction is the only purpose in life then why arent we all just having sex? Why bother with making cars? Why both with space travel? Why bother with education? If we where designed with the purpose to only reproduce then we would all be having sex 24/7, but we are not.

Now, Im sure most people enjoy the thought of having sex all the time but it was not in our design as humans to do that.

I mean sex is great but its only a physical thing. Its leaves alot left to be desired. Mans quest for knowledge and quest to experiance emotions such as love out weigh the quest to simply reproduce. We where designed that way for a reason.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:17 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Why do we need hands to reproduce? Do you think someone without hands could reproduce him/herself more than someone with hands? Sure, not developing hands takes less resources, but without hands getting food is very hard, and you need food to survive up to a point that you can actually reproduce. And after that, you want to help your offspring, so that your genes will survive through the next generation.
Everything we evolved into made us a step more competative compared to others. If one mutation made you less competitive, you would simply die. That's why we only see the "good" mutations around us, all misproductions simply disappeared. And we evolve simply because background radiation changes our cells slightly, most to no affect, but sometimes something happens, like slightly bigger brains. Wich gives you a competitive advantage, wich improves your reproduction.
In fact, we do want to have sex all the time, but more practical matters put a check on that. It's simply not fun to have ten children, who all cry for your attention and need to be fed. Instead, we want to have a few children, and we want them "to be succesfull". Humans are group animals. Emotions like love and things like a common culture keep the group together, wich makes the people in the group less vulnerable to other factors, like a natural disaster.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:57 pm
Minor Diety

I mean, first you're argueing about the word Create, saying that create means create from scratch - which isn't true other wise the saying "create from scratch" wouldn't exist, because the first two words leave it open to other things, such as "create from these objects here" or whatever, and now we are on to chairs for sitting, and hands for sex!

I think someone should start licking the turd curds from my anus. That's what I think.

*goes away again*

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

But your turd curds are not interesting enough to discuss. In fact, the only thing you can say about that is that you should take a shower more often, and wipe your butt better after taking a shit.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:01 am
Minor Diety

This is what I say: Don't pretend to understand the origin of existence, it is simply something we may never be capable of understanding.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:22 am
Knight

Well, since Im dealing with the low end of the gene pool ill speed this up...

That's rather rich coming from the man who, among other things, considers Star Wars III the pinnacle of cinematic achievement, has his head so far up his own arse he can tickle his own tonsils and who thinks that one of these days, Horus will make a glorious comeback.

Low end of the gene-pool indeed.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:01 pm
Minor Diety

Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:59 am
Marquis

WE LOVE LACESSIT!!!
WE LOVE LACESSIT!!!

...sorry got a bit carried away

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:22 pm
King

Call it a hunch but, I dont think Lacessit likes me. Thats ok, I would be mad too if I couldn’t understand concepts that go beyond daily masturbation and smelling my finger.

You might not like to believe that life was formed by a greater intellect but I find it even more unlikely that molecules of amino acid would randomly combined to form DNA and even create the simplest form of life. The chances of that happening are 50/50 in a trillion years and the universe is only about 15 billion years old.

"He notes, for instance, that the probability of a protein randomly forming in the proper sequence is about 1 chance in 10*(260 power). When one considers that the total number of elementary particles in the universe is about 10*(80 power), one can see that such probabilities are impossibly small"
http://www.grisda.org/origins/10090.htm

I suggest you focus your attention on the material and not the messenger.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Knight

I'm sorry. It's just that the messenger is so gloriously idiotic.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:27 pm
King

ElevenBravo The Great wrote:

I'm sorry. It's just that the messenger is so gloriously idiotic.

I love you. Hugs not drugs!

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2