It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
War Vet Has Property Raided After Calling Bush a Liar 
King

Post War Vet Has Property Raided After Calling Bush a Liar
War Vet Has Property Raided After Calling Bush a Liar On Radio Call-in

[quote]Don Stout looked up into the Midwestern sky one afternoon two weeks ago and saw a strange helicopter flying over his five-acre piece of land in rural Albany, Ohio.

Before he knew what happened, the 77-year-old long-time resident, law-abiding citizen and Korean War veteran had eight law enforcement officials swarm on his property, checking the place out for marijuana.

Never before having a run-in with the law, Stout said the heavy-handed looking group of law enforcement thugs “came and went without saying a wordâ€

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Without a search warrant? In that case he can make this a court case.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:39 am
Minor Diety

Well, it's been going for a long time already, so this isn't exactly shocking. I've said it before and I'll say it again: anyone who feels the need to use the words 'freedom', 'liberty' SO many times during their speeches is just covering up a lack therein.

Anyway, did you hear about the Brazilian kid they shot? Got 7 (!) bullets in the head. So, either the British police is a collective crackshot (which they aren't, normal coppers don't even carry guns) or they pinned him down and kept shooting him in the face from point blank. :shock: That's pretty...scary. lol.

- Coach

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:05 am
Minor Diety

Indeed we heard of that, we even already discussed that. :P

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:03 am
Minor Diety

Bastards :P I thought we discussed the shooting itself, but not the fact that he had 7 bullets in his skull. Ah well.

- Coach

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:25 am
King

Bastards :P I thought we discussed the shooting itself, but not the fact that he had 7 bullets in his skull. Ah well.

I think he saw something he wasnt supposed to.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:28 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Nah, I doubt a Brazilian illegal immigrant (or at least, he was illegal at the time of the shooting, probably entered the UK legally) would have the facilities to see something 'secret'. He was just an unlucky sod in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong reaction...and a bunch of over-achieving coppers.

- Coach

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:41 am
King

They said he looked like a fox in a corner. He was running for complete fear of his life, he knew he was going to die.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

I'd look like that too, if a bunch of guys with guns were chasing me around yelling

'You're gonna die you bloody terrorist!"

Did anything ever come of that? Those 'police' officers should be jailed for murder.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No, it's London police policy to kill anyone who is suspicious.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:11 pm
Minor Diety

Satis, the British police 'apologized' and paid his family a huge fee, but didn't disclose who exactly wasted the guy. There were gonna be 'internal measures', but we know what those are like in the army and the secret service: either they get off the hook with a warning or get a discharge, oooh. :roll:

Anyway, the family wants the policeman to be sued publicly, obviously. They say that sorry isn't enough.

Have a quick peek at this: http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=29635

Apparently he wasn't even illegally there

Quote:
His family denies the police allegations that he was living illegally in Britain, pointing to the fact that he visited Brazil earlier this year, and that it would have been impossible for him to go back to London if he were not there legally.

Just a poor electrician making a life for himself in the West and sending money to his family, who happened to wear a thick coat.

Or this: http://www.mathaba.net/0_index.shtml?x=287407

Quote:
Menezes apparently emerged on Friday morning from a house in Tulse Hill which New Scotland Yard are claiming had been under surveillance as part of the investigation into the attempted bombings. Others see this claim as damage limitation. He was reportedly wearing a heavy coat in another attempt to justify his shooting, implying that people who wear heavy coats could be concealing bombs beneath.

One passenger on the train was reported in media to have made claims that wires were seen sticking out from his coat. This has not been substantiated. Another civilian witness reported that Menezes was pushed to the ground as he half tripped running into through the train doors and that a white man holding a gun in his left hand then shot five bullets into him from behind while on top of him.

Officers claim they followed him to the Stockwell Underground station. His "clothing and suspicious behaviour at the station added to their suspicions," a police statement said, not explaining if he could have been worried by being followed by several white short-haired men, features common to neo-nazis, in an area that is predominantly Black and Brazilian.

- Coach

Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:19 pm
King

Wow, the guy was running to get a seat...

http://www.itv.com/news/index_1677571.html

Quote:
TV News has obtained secret documents and photographs that detail why police shot Jean Charles De Menezes dead on the tube.

The Brazilian electrician was killed on 22 July, the day after the series of failed bombings on the tube and bus network.

The crucial mistake that ultimately led to his death was made at 9.30am when Jean Charles left his flat in Scotia Road, South London.

Surveillance officers wrongly believed he could have been Hussain Osman, one of the prime suspects, or another terrorist suspect.

By 10am that morning, elite firearms officers were provided with what they describe as "positive identification" and shot De Menezes eight times in the head and upper body.

The documents and photographs confirm that Jean Charles was not carrying any bags, and was wearing a denim jacket, not a bulky winter coat, as had previously been claimed.

He was behaving normally, and did not vault the barriers, even stopping to pick up a free newspaper.

He started running when we saw a tube at the platform. Police had agreed they would shoot a suspect if he ran.

A document describes CCTV footage, which shows Mr de Menezes entered Stockwell station at a "normal walking pace" and descended slowly on an escalator.

The document said: "At some point near the bottom he is seen to run across the concourse and enter the carriage before sitting in an available seat.

"Almost simultaneously armed officers were provided with positive identification."

A member of the surveillance team is quoted in the report. He said: "I heard shouting which included the word `police' and turned to face the male in the denim jacket.

"He immediately stood up and advanced towards me and the CO19 officers. I grabbed the male in the denim jacket by wrapping both my arms around his torso, pinning his arms to his side.

"I then pushed him back on to the seat where he had been previously sitting. I then heard a gun shot very close to my left ear and was dragged away onto the floor of the carriage."

The report also said a post mortem examination showed Mr de Menezes was shot seven times in the head and once in the shoulder, but three other bullets missed, with the casings left lying in the tube carriage.

Police have declined to comment while the mistaken killing is still being investigated.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:26 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Dang, that makes it even more gloriously pointless. Poor dude.

Moral of the story: never run to catch a train. Also; British coppers will blow your head off repeatedly if you have a brown skin and come near a public place. Woohoo.

- Coach

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]