It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
concerts and birthdays 
Felix Rex

Post concerts and birthdays
so, anyway, Shiny birthday was on Friday, so wish her a happy twenty fif...err...first. Twenty first birthday. Yay Shiny.

Also, just because this place seems to be running out of shit to talk about, I though I'd mention I've been to several cool concerts recently and will share my experiences.

Megadeath Gigantour: This was like several weeks ago, but whatever. It was a huge list of bands. I'll put my feeling below:

Too freakin' long, individual bands played for too short, too many bands, too many genres.

1. Bobaflex: We got there on time...by the time we got beers and realized there was a band on stage, they were already off the stage (we're talking 20 minutes of stage time). - no opinion

2. Dry Kill Logic: Not bad. No great, but not bad. I wouldn't buy and album and I wouldn't pay for a concert ticket, but I wouldn't walk out on em either. I'd give them a 75%.

3. Symphony X: Anyone remember those screechy bands from the 80s? Like King Diamond and shit? Yea, same crap. OMG, the absolute suck. We walked out and entertained ourselves near the bar. 0%

4. Life of Agony: Yea, more suck. I don't recall quite as big of a revulsion as I had toward X above, but yea, still pretty shit. Once more, we entertained ourselves by the bar. 0%

5. Fear Factory: Great band. They weren't as good live as I had hoped, but I've been a long time fan. Shiny liked em too. Nice, wonderful death metal with some industrial mixed in for good measure. I'd give them 85%.

6. The Dillinger Escape Plan: ?? I don't even remember this band.

7. Nevermore. I don't kn0ow why people like this band. The singer sounds like someone wrapped a rubber band around his nuts. Anyway, the music really wasn't all that bad, but the singer blows my ass. We spent the time in the lobby. 5%

8. Dream Theatre. OMFG, all the little posers were apparently here for this little piece of shit ass lick band. If there was a poser pussy at the concert, they loved Dream Theatre. More screechy crap, but this time for a freakin' hour. We spent the time near the bar. They probably didn't suck as bad as X, but omg it's a close call. 0%

9. Megadeth. The whole reason we went. And we weren't disappointed. An hour of the best Megadeth songs. :) Some great pyro effects too. heheh. Not disappointed at all. 100%

Bonus: Since this is Dallas, the bands did a tribute to Dimebag Darrell. Vinnie was out there, as well as all the singers from the bands. Really really good. I must say that this song made up for all the time I had to spend at the bar. :P

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Anyway, they only bands I've heard of from that list are Fear Factory and Megadeath, and only their names, so do you have any recommendations on what songs I should start? I'm running out of artists to get into.

And congrats to Shiny, I don't really know any birth dates of any people here, so forgive me for being late. :)

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:21 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Happy bithday shiny. late but what the hell..

yeah, fear factory are ok, i think they supported metallica in london, they where ok.

megadeth :D :D :D used to love them, although they did go a little bit shite later on, holy wars, etc..good times

is it just me or are 95% of rock bands around now absolute crap?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:42 am
Felix Rex

Megadeth aren't too bad...imo, they've always had 1-3 good songs per album, the rest being questionable....but they have so many albums, that's alot of really good songs. :)

For Megadeth, I'd recommend:
Cryptic Writings (Shiny will agree)
lots of great songs on other albums too, though. Holy wars is great. So's Hangar 18...that's gotta be my favorite. Great stuff on Peace Sells, too. I really enjoy them...excellent guitar work, as well, which is always good.

Fear Factory...make sure you like heavy metal...like death/speed/thrash kinda metal. If you're cool with that, I recommend Soul of a new Machine and Demanufacture. I like the rest of their albums too, but those two seriously own. :)

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Congrats Shiny! You wouldn't say you were 2...erh 1 already! :wink: Hope it was a fun birthday.

Satis, all those band were in the same indoor place? Kinda weird for a rock festival to be indoor...but hey, whatever does the job. Thanks for the report in any case...I just get giddy from thinking you had to spend a few hours in a bunch of nu-metal 15-yrd olds. :D

Who's Dimebag Darell? That the guy who got shot at a concert a while ago?

- Coach

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:28 pm
Felix Rex

yea, Dimebag was the ex-Pantera guy that got shot and killed on stage. He (and the whole band) were from the Dallas area, so it's got some special meanings. His brother (Vinnie) was at the concert and was singing...he was also in Pantera and whatnot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimebag_Darrell

For those that don't know the history.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Woot say Happy B-day to Satis - the sexy little devil he is :)

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:38 pm
Duke

Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Happy birthday Satsi :twisted: That's what, the big 3?

EDIT: Shiny get you a RAID array?

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:57 am
Felix Rex

no RAID array. I'm not sure what she got me yet. She's making me wait till the weekend.

(psst....I think it's a Tijuana hooker)

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Veneral disease for your birthday eh? :)

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 am
Felix Rex

it'd be a birthday I'd never forget. Until the syphilis caused my brain to rot.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Congrats on your birth day. Forgive me for not giving you a present.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:13 am
Felix Rex

:cry: Noone gave me presents. Except Ox, I'll accept the beer as a way early b-day present.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next